PDA

View Full Version : XBO cant handle project cars

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 16:08
Hey all!

So im posting because ive noticed that the game suffers from fps spikes and slowdowns all the time on the xbox one. Witch honestly can really ruin the experience while racing. Also ive noticed on oulton park especially a lot of screen tearing for me. I feel that id rather have waited for another delay for them to get it fixed up than to play with all these issues. Now thats not saying the game isnt fun. I love it now that ive gotten the hang of it. But they need to improve the frame rate at least. Even if it cant run at 60fps. Id rather have a solid frame rate then a spikey one

Scottien
15-05-2015, 16:19
Mine isn't as bad as you described, do you have anything else open at the time?

COL0STOMIZER
15-05-2015, 16:39
I was having this problem in a bad way, when I noticed my game size was only 18.1 Gb.. Once I downloaded the update it smoothed out most of the frame drops, it still happens, but not nearly as often as before.

Note: The standard hard reset did not trigger the download on my xbone, I had to unplug the thing from the wall in order to get it to work.

Nickname85
15-05-2015, 16:41
Hey all!

So im posting because ive noticed that the game suffers from fps spikes and slowdowns all the time on the xbox one. Witch honestly can really ruin the experience while racing. Also ive noticed on oulton park especially a lot of screen tearing for me. I feel that id rather have waited for another delay for them to get it fixed up than to play with all these issues. Now thats not saying the game isnt fun. I love it now that ive gotten the hang of it. But they need to improve the frame rate at least. Even if it cant run at 60fps. Id rather have a solid frame rate then a spikey one

I had the same problem as you described...very bad framerate issues. According to some messages on the forums it can help to put the game on external hdd. I had one lying around so i gave it a try. I added the external hdd to the xbox and moved the game from my internal hdd (that is like 95% full) to the external hdd...

it now works like a charm...its like playing a totally different game! Did not experience any framerate issues anymore!
So you could give it a try?

Shiningpath76
15-05-2015, 16:42
You are probably right, If you leave the game running while it plays the introduction video with music and you jump into career mode the frame rate suffers and gets buggy also the sound echoes and to be honest it is really sad lol. I found if I get out of the game (I have the digital version) and I go to the digital version of another game and then come back to project cars it fixes itself. Funny how if Forza 5 came out with all of these bugs it would have been the end of the forza franchise instead they caught heat for the micro transactions but because its out on multiplatform it wont get that much bad press. I haven't played a game with so many bugs since my double dragon days on Nintendo when I had to blow air into the front of the cartridge so that the game wouldn't bug out. SAD 202711

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 17:22
I have the digital version on an external. Ive tried what you guys said and idk what else to do except hope that the next patch fixes it. Its sad because i feel the xbox one hardware is strong enough to run it but maybe im wrong

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 17:26
And my game says 18.4 gb. Isnt it suppossed to be 18.5?

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 17:27
You probably missing the Community Livery Pack from the Store...

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 17:29
Oh okay that makes sense. Especially since im not connected to the internet rite now. Thanks!

Nickname85
15-05-2015, 17:47
I think the reason why Forza got more crap with these kind of bugs is because they have a lot more people working on the game and a budget that like 10x as mutch as pCARS had. I dont think it is oké (even)for a small studio to make a game with this kind of bugs...but i have to say...the game pulls me in, i dont know how to explain. Maybe also because of the communication on this forum i am likely to look the other way when i see some new weird stuff pop up. I have convedince in the studio they will sort a lot of this stuff out...i just dont know if they can fix it any time soon.

I'm off, gonna drive another championship:)

Lukeymonster
15-05-2015, 17:52
I've had a near perfect experience with the digital version installed on an external usb3 drive and by fine tuning the controls to fit my style. I don't get the frame drops that many others are experiencing. The only glitch i get every now and then is that audio stretch glitch but that will get fixed.

I ran a twitch stream yesterday so people from the forums who were wondering if a usb3 solution really does help could see that the Xbox can handle the game. I ran a full field of 45 at Le Mans with mixed conditions with no problems at all. A lot of people stopped in and were shocked it was the Xbox One version I was playing.

I know it stinks to have to try a workaround for this or that but there are lots of threads on here full of people willing to help out. Just try different things. The game is very enjoyable and playable in my experience while we wait for the patch.

Benja190782
15-05-2015, 17:57
Hey all!

I got the exact same experience as you on my Xbox One with 18,5GB internal install - Oulton Park has so much screen tearing, that I simply can't play that track - the same with Watkins Glen - HUGE frame rate drops all the time and the lovely TV angle in replays is just ruined because it's a slideshow instead!

I wish I had a PS4 with the T300 instead of an Xbox One with a TX wheel!
The game is sooo good and got a huge potential!

But the Xbox One simply can't run Project CARS - it's sad - but it's the truth!

Please fix this, SMS!

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 18:19
Yeah i love the game. Ive been waiting for it since 2011. I honeslty wish i would have built a pc for it because i know it would run way better. But either way its an amazing game. I just hope the bugs get fixed soon

Bryer
15-05-2015, 18:33
I have the digital version on an external. Ive tried what you guys said and idk what else to do except hope that the next patch fixes it. Its sad because i feel the xbox one hardware is strong enough to run it but maybe im wrong

Make sure you have at least 10% of the internal space free (5GB) as the Xbox One runs a version of Windows. As we all know Windows needs at least 10% free on the primary drive to function properly!

jwjjj
15-05-2015, 19:09
I have 300 gigs left on internal. All my games are on external. 500 gigs left on external

Bryer
15-05-2015, 20:05
I have 300 gigs left on internal. All my games are on external. 500 gigs left on external

OK, so tell us a bit more about your set up? I'm having zero problems with the digital download on my external. When was the last time you cleared the vents on your power brick?

Sankyo
15-05-2015, 20:11
The frame rate drop issues are being investigated, it does seem to be related to HDD space and/or fragmentation.

It was also reported that clearing the BluRay Persistent Storage (or something, can't remember exactly) helped people to make the game run smoother.

Benja190782
15-05-2015, 20:13
I've had a near perfect experience with the digital version installed on an external usb3 drive and by fine tuning the controls to fit my style. I don't get the frame drops that many others are experiencing. The only glitch i get every now and then is that audio stretch glitch but that will get fixed.

I ran a twitch stream yesterday so people from the forums who were wondering if a usb3 solution really does help could see that the Xbox can handle the game. I ran a full field of 45 at Le Mans with mixed conditions with no problems at all. A lot of people stopped in and were shocked it was the Xbox One version I was playing.

I know it stinks to have to try a workaround for this or that but there are lots of threads on here full of people willing to help out. Just try different things. The game is very enjoyable and playable in my experience while we wait for the patch.

What exactly is the full name of your external USB3 drive??

Bryer
15-05-2015, 20:21
What exactly is the full name of your external USB3 drive??

I'm running Western Digital Elements 2TB - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Capacity-Portable-Drive-Windows/dp/B00D0L5BH8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431721214&sr=8-4&keywords=wd+2tb+usb+3.0

This is a 7200RPM drive, which is faster than the internal SATA drive that spins at 5400RPM.

Ixoye56
15-05-2015, 20:33
External usb3 disc will probably help, it's the same with horizon 2, xbox internal hdd is a known bottleneck.

ashasha
15-05-2015, 20:33
The frame rate drop issues are being investigated, it does seem to be related to HDD space and/or fragmentation.

It was also reported that clearing the BluRay Persistent Storage (or something, can't remember exactly) helped people to make the game run smoother.This is an issue (or rather a fix) for a number of games that have issues. I had some horrible audio problems in Forza 5 and even though it's a digital download and installed on an external drive clearing hte BluRay Persistent Storage and deleting the alternate MAC address (which leads to a full reboot) fixes it.

I honestly think that it just clears up any cached files and that the MAC address thing is the easiest way for tech support to have people do a full hard reboot without unplugging the power. I could be wrong.

It's a good trick to know though.

azutolsoejjel
15-05-2015, 22:40
The framerate is awful sometimes. Oulton Park is a relatively simple (!) course, in the career with NO rain (!) and the framerate is very bad.

And many other track has a similar problem. (In dry condition too!) some example: SPA, Monaco, Watkins Glen...

I am very disappointed that the rain almost unplayable. Sometimes in dry tracks too... :(

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 22:44
Hey all!

I think this is more to do with some sort of bug the game currently has than the xbox not being able to handle it. After a hard reset every track I run on plays nice and smooth, its only after an hour+ of playing that things start to degrade. I've also noticed that leaving Pcars to do something else leaves Pcars running in the background. Many other games I've noticed will continue to do so for a while then eventually end up restarting. Pcars though seems determined to pick up right where it left off and the longer it's left sitting there the buggier it gets when I finally come back to it. I've got where I always select Pcars on the home screen and manually quite the game before I go back into it each time and it's seems to be a little more stable.

Just an extra note, when Pcars starts to get sluggish it isn't just effecting Pcars. When I try to go to dashboard the entire xbox acts as if it's having a meltdown. Menu's lag, home screen takes a long time to update. It's like Pcars is just gobbling up memory and the entire console is feeling the bite.