PDA

View Full Version : Indy Car and Indianapolis DLC

Wayfastwhitey26
15-05-2015, 16:15
Any news on when this DLC will drop...Going to the 500 next weekend would hope that this will release not too far from now? Can't wait for it!

00steven
15-05-2015, 22:41
Bump

Irishnewblood
15-05-2015, 23:59
Really looking forward to this myself. Any news on if we're gonna get like Long Beach & a couple of Indy tracks with? as well as Indy?.

GibsonLyman74
19-05-2015, 19:28
I can't wait either. My first child is due to be born on May 29th and I don't know which one I am more excited about...lol

FA RACING 01
19-05-2015, 19:32
I can't wait either. My first child is due to be born on May 29th and I don't know which one I am more excited about...lol

You gotto take your child with you.

MaXKiLLz
21-05-2015, 12:17
I'll add the following link for people who haven't yet seen it:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Wayfastwhitey26
08-06-2015, 03:38
Still no word...some screen shots or somethin would be nice.

CCM
08-06-2015, 06:12
One thing I hate more then most things is when someone says they will do something and not. The dw12 and the indy track was suppose to be out during the race. Now all we hear is it's coming but yet to hear a date. To me it sounds like they just telling you what you want to hear. They know the truth on the car and when it's coming out. What they are doing is giving others false hope on a something they said a year ago. Im not sure who does the marketing for Project cars but he or she has know clue what a indy car and a oval track will bring to this game. Companies all the time copy other companies and if Project card did what Iracing is doing there will be know more iracing. They really have know clue what type of game they have here and how much potential it has. Add saved setups add ovals add nascars and add set time races every 2 hours of a certain class. God I wish I worked marking for Project cars. I would like nothing more to see iracing fail to be honest.

andrespipe14
27-06-2015, 20:49
I've been waiting to play with an IndyCar a long time ago.... And now that I have this game, I just need at least some information of when they are coming out.... Damm this got me excited

Bealdor
27-06-2015, 20:50
SMSoon™

Edit: Merged

Im Sorry
27-06-2015, 20:55
I'll add the following link for people who haven't yet seen it:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Hope this shiz is going to happen!

BuffaloD
27-06-2015, 22:31
LOL

sniper8871
27-06-2015, 22:41
I hate it that you always say 'soon'. At least give us an idea.. Like mid July, early August ( I hope they mean something like this with 'soon') etc etc.
Other than that, great game. :)

skells22
28-06-2015, 10:36
sniper, the reason why the SMS says soon is because like patches it must go though QA of Microsoft/Sony therefore can not say a time frame until given the green flag by Microsoft/Sony and as this might be paid content the days you need to keep a eye on Tuesdays & Wednesdays

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 12:33
I hate it that you always say 'soon'. At least give us an idea..

They don't want to because they want to keep this as a surprise (like with all DLC).
Why is it so hard to understand this? They will reveal it when the time is right.

Wayfastwhitey26
28-06-2015, 13:31
They don't want to because they want to keep this as a surprise (like with all DLC).
Why is it so hard to understand this? They will reveal it when the time is right.

I've come to realize this...playin rfactor indycar 2012-13 mod and the cart 94-95 mod
To pass the time!

Kennytomson
29-06-2015, 13:32
I'm guessing July.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 13:33
I'm guessing July.

Which year? ;)

Kennytomson
29-06-2015, 15:30
Developers could you answer this; on average, how long does it take to create a track for pcars from scratch?

RacerDude
29-06-2015, 18:56
I read there was a track pack along with cars releasing in July. I didn't read it here so I don't know how accurate that is but if it's a true I think we'll more than likely get Indy/DW12 then. Looking forward to the other ovals as well.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 19:02
I read there was a track pack along with cars releasing in July. I didn't read it here so I don't know how accurate that is but if it's a true I think we'll more than likely get Indy/DW12 then. Looking forward to the other ovals as well.

The July track expansion will not be Indy + Indycars.

RacerDude
29-06-2015, 20:00
Well shoot.. Will be getting the ford fusion stock car then?? ;)

dodge33cymru
29-06-2015, 20:09
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-dlc.327456/

00steven
30-06-2015, 01:34
I think we're a looooong ways off on the Indycar.

Eric Rowland
30-06-2015, 01:45
Ales is building the Dallara DW12 (Chevy and Honda) as we speak. Btw, that race Saturday was something else!...glad no one was hurt but there were some unhappy campers.

Kennytomson
30-06-2015, 02:01
How is the track coming?

MillsLayne
30-06-2015, 02:05
Ales is building the Dallara DW12 (Chevy and Honda) as we speak. Btw, that race Saturday was something else!...glad no one was hurt but there were some unhappy campers.

Agreed, it was an excellent race, but the many comparisons to Vegas in 2011, I thought, were absurd. There were many differences between the two and honestly, I didn't hear nearly this many complaints during the IRL years when races like that were so often, it was expected.

Eric Rowland
30-06-2015, 03:36
I think the problem is the temptation to keep your foot in it in traffic. That temptation is so strong that the younger guys, that have yet to make their mark, just can't resist it. The veterans backed off and some of the young guys went for it. The cars have too much downforce, as some have said. The IndyCar leadership desperately want to attract more fans. They also don't want to alienate Chevy and Honda or The Captain or Chip. Pocono is soon and that track is a lot wider so we will see. I don't think Derrick Walker is going to change anything.

Alan Dallas
30-06-2015, 03:50
How is the track coming?
If you're referring to Indianapolis... it's coming along. Can't say more than that really. Not a WMD members place to do so TBH.

ChaneSaw8911
30-06-2015, 19:48
I can't believe it's almost been two months since this game released. Honestly, I thought there would be a lot more information on when indycars's would be added. I hope this isn't a dlc pack that comes late in the year, say between October-December, as I and many other would be greatly disappointed. The first news of these being in the game was announced in May of 2014. Nothing since then, and I think that's the main culprit of people's disgust for lack of a better word. I know you won't provide me with the satisfaction of a release window. However, I think it's owed to the customers who have been waiting patiently for ovals and the dallara dw12. One last thing, street courses such as Long Beach and St. Petersburgh would be a great addition.

CCM
01-07-2015, 01:36
I come to realize that SMS tells you what you want to hear but don't follow through on anything they say. They just tell you enough to keep you interested. It's a shame really such a good game but im sure another sim out there will do what SMS is doing without all the bugs and bs talks about the indy car or oval tracks. Project cars will be know more do to there own fault and mistakes and miss leading there customers. I have not played for a few weeks now cause I really fill cheated out of info that was stated a year ago and the fact they already talked about PC2. I don't think Ovals or the indy car will come out anytime soon so what ever SMS says I would not believe. They really don't know wtf they are doing in the marketing department and what sim racers really want in a sim game. They refuse to do what iracing does due to there own stupid pride but yet everyone complains about MP races and many many other things but yet they do nothing. Many things can be fixed and put in game to make this game work for everyone but instead they care more about MONEY and PC2 then they do about there sim racers. This is a arcade type racing game not a sim sorry. I have 10 years of sim racing experience and I see a pattern of one after another fails on fixes and implementing content for all sim racers. They really have know idea how much potential this game could have in the sim community and they are ruing there own game due to lack of marketing and developing of this game. If they was smart they would scratch PC2 and just add expansions to this game and be the best over all sim game out there.
t

spinkick
01-07-2015, 01:45
Yet, here you are. Must love these arcade racers

ONT
01-07-2015, 01:46
OVAL racing is a little pointless without manual pit stops and a pace car.

Hopefully that will come, bug fixes is still priority nr 1 at this stage.

OVAL instigator for pCARS :)

CCM
01-07-2015, 01:59
Yet, here you are. Must love these arcade racers

Yet here I am not playing Project cars for the last couple weeks just waiting for something that will probably never happen.
Yes agree you need a pace car and manual pit stops unless it's a fixed oval race where you don't have to pitstop due to low lap racing. That another thing why the hell they don't have spotters or pace cars in a racing sim game is once again a proven point this game was rushed and the marketing department know nothing. If I was working for SMS this game would be the best sim ever cause I know wtf im talking about.

resmania
01-07-2015, 02:09
If I was working for SMS this game would be the best sim ever cause I know wtf im talking about.

LoL sure you know everything about coding and stuff.
Those thing are not as easy as you think.
Look how many years Codemasters wasted just to implement Safety Car system into their F1 game. It's not an easy task.

CCM
01-07-2015, 02:09
OVAL racing is a little pointless without manual pit stops and a pace car.

Hopefully that will come, bug fixes is still priority nr 1 at this stage.

OVAL instigator for pCARS :)

You would not be saying that if this was a oval game and know road courses at all. This game NEEDS oval tracks period. They may not be popular in other countries but they are a big part of the US market. There will always be bugs in a game so that will never end there for it's not Priority 1. Getting customers to buy your game if priority 1 not bug fixes. Without customers they can't fix bugs cause the game will end.

CCM
01-07-2015, 02:10
LoL sure you know everything about coding and stuff.
Those thing are not as easy as you think.
Look how many years Codemasters wasted just to implement Safety Car system into their F1 game. It's not an easy task.

Never said coder said marketing. I know how to market a sim game not code one.

ONT
01-07-2015, 02:14
Lol , I'm the one that argued for OVAL racing in pCARS during development :)

Neil Hopwood
01-07-2015, 02:17
Dude, seriously.

Ovals are coming, its just going to be a while. None of them were finished. Most were just ribbons in the sky, the banking needed fixing on a couple because it would just spit you into a wall.

The DW-12 is still in the works.

and as I have said before you VASTLY overestimate the draw of oval racing. There's a reason every major racing game is a road/street racing game.

Oh, and yes Bug fixes are priority. Making sure the people who have bought the game can play it is very important.

So basically BE PATIENT.

CCM
01-07-2015, 02:20
Iracing is the top sim racing game on the market and road racing is not the top series in that game it's oval racing. So your opinion is wrong. Also why the hell would they post a indy track indy race in 2014 and a year later not even have it ready? Why would they post Project cars 2 years before it comes out. It's just bs talk telling customers what they want to hear to get them to buy the game thinking something will happen when we all know it won't for a long time. Same reason why they pushed this game a year later cause it was not finished and still is not finished. All about the money money.

resmania
01-07-2015, 02:26
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32673-(FAQ)-PCars2-quot-For-Dummies-quot

T0MMY
01-07-2015, 02:29
Also why the hell would they post a indy track indy race in 2014 and a year later not even have it ready?

Those are just license announcement, same thing applies to cars if you checked all those announcement. We still have a bunch of cars like Renault Laguna BTCC, BMW 320i Touring Car, Radical RXC and more announced for the game but not in it. Not everything announced is complete and ready to release.

Neil Hopwood
01-07-2015, 02:40
Iracing is the top sim racing game on the market and road racing is not the top series in that game it's oval racing. So your opinion is wrong.

We know you think iRacing is a top sim, be in the end you ask the general public they will have no idea what iRacing even is. It's a niche sim. Your talking about ovals driving sales, but the mass market racing games (and most of the niche sims) are all road racing games. The only ovals games are iRacing (which also has a pile of road content) and the official NASCAR sims.

Also why the hell would they post a indy track indy race in 2014 and a year later not even have it ready?
They announced they had gotten the licence. nothing more.

Why would they post Project cars 2 years before it comes out.

Be kinda hypocritical to start working on a "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" without involving the community. Ian and SMS are just following through on promises made ages ago.

It's just bs talk telling customers what they want to hear to get them to buy the game thinking something will happen when we all know it won't for a long time. Same reason why they pushed this game a year later cause it was not finished and still is not finished. All about the money money.

Your the one advocating pushing more content to drive sales rather then fixing the bugs and then complaingin about the game not being finished.

If your talking about content, they posted the list of cars and tracks available at release on the website long before the game was release.

ONT
01-07-2015, 02:43
26-06-2015, 11:27
Thread: 2015 Dallara DW12 Chevy/Honda Indycar (WIP)
by Ales Ogrinc Replies
Views
Sticky: [SMS] Working on the cockpit and finished one of the...
Working on the cockpit and finished one of the steering wheels, working on both chevy and honda versions. Working on adjusting the cockpit shape itself to match the right size.

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 03:09
26-06-2015, 11:27
Thread: 2015 Dallara DW12 Chevy/Honda Indycar (WIP)
by Ales Ogrinc Replies
Views
Sticky: [SMS] Working on the cockpit and finished one of the...
Working on the cockpit and finished one of the steering wheels, working on both chevy and honda versions. Working on adjusting the cockpit shape itself to match the right size.
And it looks glorious!!! (And no, I will not post those screen shots here. That's a paid WMD member privilege. :p)

Neil Hopwood
01-07-2015, 03:10
And it looks glorious!!! (And no, I will not post those screen shots here. That's a paid WMD member privilege. :p)

agreed. can't wait to drive it.

OctoberDusk06
01-12-2015, 05:19
I'm not sure they realize what a goldmine they are sitting on. There has been no IndyCar game for years (console) and the series is ramping up again after unification, as the rest of the world watches F1 implode.

Wayfastwhitey26
01-12-2015, 12:34
Lookin fresh! Getting there! Cant wait! 223028

Hogan
01-12-2015, 13:33
Lookin fresh! Getting there! Cant wait! 223028

I like that !

Konan
01-12-2015, 18:26
I'm not sure they realize what a goldmine they are sitting on. There has been no IndyCar game for years (console) and the series is ramping up again after unification, as the rest of the world wa6tches F1 implode.

F1 may be imploding in your view but in my case it's the only racing i watch...in Belgium (yes,that's a country lol) there's just almost no opportunity to watch American races like NASCAR or INDYCAR which is very disappointing imo...
So i would also like to see these in the game.
I still like F1 though...never miss a race

Neil Hopwood
01-12-2015, 19:14
F1 may be imploding in your view but in my case it's the only racing i watch...in Belgium (yes,that's a country lol) there's just almost no opportunity to watch American races like NASCAR or INDYCAR which is very disappointing imo...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL948kNhk-wMuCutOOPKpTdY2U1IfFC4Lp

Heres this years Indycar races, legally (assuming they are not geo-locked or something).

Just skip NOLA.

Konan
01-12-2015, 19:22
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL948kNhk-wMuCutOOPKpTdY2U1IfFC4Lp

Heres this years Indycar races, legally (assuming they are not geo-locked or something).

Just skip NOLA.

Thanks man...i copied the link and will surely watch them some time...

Wayfastwhitey26
01-12-2015, 19:27
Go to the 3hr2min mark of Indy and watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYKUKXT520&list=PL948kNhk-wMuCutOOPKpTdY2U1IfFC4Lp&index=8 ...that's all you need to know about Indycar this year! Awesome race!!! The 2006 500 had an awesome finish too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2faJYdeEPK4 and people say oval racing isnt exciting but thats none of my business.

Konan
01-12-2015, 19:39
Go to the 3hr2min mark of Indy and watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYKUKXT520&list=PL948kNhk-wMuCutOOPKpTdY2U1IfFC4Lp&index=8 ...that's all you need to know about Indycar this year! Awesome race!!! The 2006 500 had an awesome finish too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2faJYdeEPK4 and people say oval racing isnt exciting but thats none of my business.

Yep...you're absolutely right about that!
Exciting pitstops too...
Not to mention Honda's riding in the top ten...amazing lol

Konan
01-12-2015, 19:52
I really hope that if they ever include this in Project Cars,they can recreate the excitement...
Pretty impossible to do without implementing a safety car imo when they have crashes like that....

ONT
01-12-2015, 22:43
Safetycar and manual driving in the pits would be a good thing for OVAL racing indeed :)

The leading sim in OVAL racing iRacing has this down pat.

Hopefully SMS can implement a similar restart and pit system :)

OctoberDusk06
02-12-2015, 04:27

I never miss an F1 qualifying or start. That count? ;)

Interesting that the U.K. gets free IndyCar broadcasts now. That will go a long way towards mending the sport to its past glory. Many places would watch IndyCar, incl. lots of South America, if they only could. However, the series is just dusted right now...crawling back after a messy divorce.

I know where you are. lol. You have a beautiful county. I was there for five days in 2010 for Spa. My one and only F1 race, and my first choice...by far. Brussels reminded me of so many things I love about Europe (can't go into now...um...you know). The people were so friendly and eager to share stories. It was like visiting France, Germany, and Holland (for the good stuff) all in one city! Truth is, I'm a bit jealous. And I really hope they bring you IndyCar soon.

steviraikkonen
02-12-2015, 11:53

Interesting that the U.K. gets free IndyCar broadcasts now. That will go a long way towards mending the sport to its past glory. Many places would watch IndyCar, incl. lots of South America, if they only could. However, the series is just dusted right now...crawling back after a messy divorce.

I know where you are. lol. You have a beautiful county. I was there for five days in 2010 for Spa. My one and only F1 race, and my first choice...by far. Brussels reminded me of so many things I love about Europe (can't go into now...um...you know). The people were so friendly and eager to share stories. It was like visiting France, Germany, and Holland (for the good stuff) all in one city! Truth is, I'm a bit jealous. And I really hope they bring you IndyCar soon.

What channel can I watch IndyCar for free in UK?? :)

Flat_out
02-12-2015, 11:56
What channel can I watch IndyCar for free in UK?? :)

I watch it on ESPN but it ain't free!

Part of my virgin TV package.

steviraikkonen
02-12-2015, 11:58
That's what I thought, started watchin Aussie V8s this year, need good stuff to watch while f1 fixes its self haha

Raven403
02-12-2015, 11:59
Its probably an Online Broadcast for Indy in the UK i would think. could be wrong. Just a guess

Konan
02-12-2015, 16:46

Well for the moment the qualifying and start are about as exciting as it gets in F1...lol
Spa is indeed one of the better circuits...along with Monaco which is the most challenging by far...
As for my country...it's ok I guess but if i had the choice (read:the money)I'd move to Australia...

Sasquatch
02-12-2015, 16:57
I can guess we'll see the Dallara Indy's in January... since the Pre-Season/Testing is in Jan?

Konan
02-12-2015, 16:59
Safetycar and manual driving in the pits would be a good thing for OVAL racing indeed :)

The leading sim in OVAL racing iRacing has this down pat.

Hopefully SMS can implement a similar restart and pit system :)

That's why i'm a bit sceptical about them ever including Indycar or nascar...the manual pitstop is almost certain never going to happen an safety car very unlikely....at least not in Project Cars 1...
These two things alone are necessary to get the full experience and excitement in these classes of racing imho...
I read on this forum these two things are unlikely to happen...

Raven403
02-12-2015, 17:00

That's why i'm a bit sceptical about them ever including Indycar or nascar...the manual pitstop is almost certain never going to happen an safety car very unlikely....at least not in Project Cars 1...
These two things alone are necessary to get the full experience and excitement in these classes of racing imho...
I read on this forum these two things are unlikely to happen...

Exactly. With no Safety cars and working yellow flags/cautions, its not going to feel real authentic

Konan
02-12-2015, 17:06
Exactly. With no Safety cars and working yellow flags/cautions, its not going to feel real authentic

The flag system is under investigation...they say....or said five months ago :(
Started a thread about it (again) called "flag system re-visited" but no reaction from anyone who should know.
I'm beginning to think that's for Project Cars 2 also...

Raven403
02-12-2015, 17:12
The flag system is under investigation...they say....or said five months ago :(
Started a thread about it (again) called "flag system re-visited" but no reaction from anyone who should know.
I'm beginning to think that's for Project Cars 2 also...

TBH Im more concerned with the Damage/Collision physics for oval racing. On ovals in a stock car, rubbing is racing, and if you get magnatized every time you touch another car and go flying into a wall, thats gonna kill the hype real quick

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
02-12-2015, 17:17
Go to the 3hr2min mark of Indy and watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYKUKXT520&list=PL948kNhk-wMuCutOOPKpTdY2U1IfFC4Lp&index=8 ...that's all you need to know about Indycar this year! Awesome race!!! The 2006 500 had an awesome finish too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2faJYdeEPK4 and people say oval racing isnt exciting but thats none of my business.I still don't like watching it (well a highlight reel can be nice), but it can provide absolutely exhilarating racing when you're driving. =)

Konan
02-12-2015, 17:19
TBH Im more concerned with the Damage/Collision physics for oval racing. On ovals in a stock car, rubbing is racing, and if you get magnatized every time you touch another car and go flying into a wall, thats gonna kill the hype real quick

One more reason for them to not implement ovals i'm affraid...maybe they're in the progress of improving these if they are allready in the game,otherwise I don't think they're gonna make new features as huge as those in PC1...

diesel97
02-12-2015, 18:05
I still don't like watching it (well a highlight reel can be nice), but it can provide absolutely exhilarating racing when you're driving. =)

So you would rather watch a series that 2 drivers have 86% of the total points and drive around with a 8 second lead all the time ? It has gotten so bad they actually had to change the start of the races and let the driver control his own clutch. What a concept a drive that has to use a clutch. The pitbox drives the car more than the driver.

Konan
02-12-2015, 18:38
So you would rather watch a series that 2 drivers have 86% of the total points and drive around with a 8 second lead all the time ? It has gotten so bad they actually had to change the start of the races and let the driver control his own clutch. What a concept a drive that has to use a clutch. The pitbox drives the car more than the driver.

I hate to admit it but i have to agree on all those points :mad:
Actually...not the last point...it's mostly the homebase that controls what happens in the race...and that's even worse!
David Coulthard himself stated this when he commented the race (can't remember which one)

Raven403
02-12-2015, 19:00
Indycar is coming into a GREAT schedule this Season, and I hope it means cleaner racing. Last season was a mess because the drivers didnt respect the cars, and the penalties were so wildy bias and inconsistent it made it borderline unwatchable sometimes. But with a split of 5 Ovals, 5 road courses, 5 street courses, it has some really awesome potential. im not a huge fan of the LOOK of the cars, but I guess they're made that way to allow for some contact, which is fine, but the drivers treat them like stock cars half the time, that needs to change a bit. Im excited for next season, with a little better promotion I think they can grow the fanbase a bit more. NASCAR is so hard to watch now, i tried watching the Gordon farewell race at Homestead, having not watched a race in YEARS, it was like the WWE with driver introductions and stuff, just awful. not to mention a Competition Caution, yuck. F1 was ok this year, prettty boring though, some highlights ofcourse but its getting boring to watch.

but on Topic I really hope the Ovals/Indy Cars are as fun as I know they can be in this game. give me a few ovals so i can do a season in my league with the Caper, or even the Newer Ford Fusion if it comes. Cant wait for that.

02-12-2015, 20:04
So you would rather watch a series that 2 drivers have 86% of the total points and drive around with a 8 second lead all the time ? It has gotten so bad they actually had to change the start of the races and let the driver control his own clutch. What a concept a drive that has to use a clutch. The pitbox drives the car more than the driver.More accurately I like watching cars doing more than turn left. IndyCar road course races are just fine, but I get bored to tears watching long oval races. Actually driving them in a sim myself is a whole other story though.

I don't particularly like F1 either, I think CTSCC, Blancpain, Pirelli World Challenge etc. have both of them licked when it comes to entertainment, but at least I can appreciate watching the cars navigate the track in F1 (even if they do it in a much more boring way than CTSCC ST cars). And when I've watched F1 these last couple of seasons I've basically watched it as a multiclass race: Mercs are doing their own thing, but there's still good racing to be seen in the rest of the field. =)

EDIT: Besides, the two Mercedes drivers had barely 58% of the total points. =)

diesel97
02-12-2015, 21:05
More accurately I like watching cars doing more than turn left. IndyCar road course races are just fine, but I get bored to tears watching long oval races. Actually driving them in a sim myself is a whole other story though.

I don't particularly like F1 either, I think CTSCC, Blancpain, Pirelli World Challenge etc. have both of them licked when it comes to entertainment, but at least I can appreciate watching the cars navigate the track in F1 (even if they do it in a much more boring way than CTSCC ST cars). And when I've watched F1 these last couple of seasons I've basically watched it as a multiclass race: Mercs are doing their own thing, but there's still good racing to be seen in the rest of the field. =)

EDIT: Besides, the two Mercedes drivers had barely 58% of the total points. =)

not what they said in the last race

02-12-2015, 21:39
not what they said in the last raceI don't care what they said in the last race, I checked the points myself. Though slight correction, I actually calculated how many percent of total points awarded to all other teams they had, not how many percent of the total points they had:

1. Mercedes 703
2. Ferrari 428
3. Williams 257
4. Red Bull 187
5. Force India 136
6. Lotus 78
7. Toro Rosso 67
8. Sauber 36
9. McLaren 27
10. Marussia 0

That comes to a total of 1919 points awarded this season, 1216 awarded to teams that weren't Mercedes. And (703/1216)*100= 57.8%, and out of the total number of points awarded they actually "only" got 703/1919= 36.6%. Of course when over a third of all points goes to the top 10% of teams, it's a big disparity already. And especially considering that even if they'd come 1st and 2nd in ever single race (and assuming full points were awarded for each race) the maximum they could have gotten would have been 42.6% of all points (25+18=43 for 1st and 2nd, the rest would be 15+12+10+8+6+4+2+1=58 for a total of 101 points per race, 43/101= 42.6%). So yeah, they managed to get about 86% of all possible points they could have, fair enough.

Umer Ahmad
02-12-2015, 23:25
I got Newgardens attention
https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/status/672185804404498432

Umer Ahmad
02-12-2015, 23:25

PTG Baby Cow
03-12-2015, 00:02
I wonder if new garden has actually played forza on a wheel? Looks only get u so far it's like dating the mist beautiful and trendy girl.... but she won't go down.

blacknred81
03-12-2015, 00:33

Im still confused on why SMS only teases the older bodywork. Most of the Pic we have seen are with the old DW12 bodykits that were all identical. Though it has also been known that the 2015 Aero package is also being worked on. So why only tease the older bodywork, and not the newer ones.....

CCM
03-12-2015, 01:32
Im still confused on why SMS only teases the older bodywork. Most of the Pic we have seen are with the old DW12 bodykits that were all identical. Though it has also been known that the 2015 Aero package is also being worked on. So why only tease the older bodywork, and not the newer ones.....

Cause SMS is full of S#I%T and likes to tease sim racers with old content to keep there player base and try to get new members while doing it. Same crap with the 2014 indy 500 post they did a ful page layout regarding content that was suppose to come during launch of project cars but never happen. I have learned the BS game of SMS and how they bs there way on the forums. They have yet to say anything on ovals or the Indy car but have know problem posting about one road car after another road car after another road track after another road track. When you learn SMS is all about road racing then your life in this game will be justified to reality. Like i said before till they get off there ego/pride roller coaster and do what other sim racing games do like pace cars and yellow flags then ovals will work in this game but it's all about the money for sms and all you road racers keep feeding it to them. One thing that does get to me is that post about a poll regarding historic tracks but not one oval historic track is on that list, just goes to show you how bias this game is towards ovals and oval race cars. This pic is nothing new that anyone can make in a matter of a hour. This pic is the same lay out as the one I seen months and months ago. It's all bs and full of #$## to be honest.

cluck
03-12-2015, 07:56
...This pic is nothing new that anyone can make in a matter of a hour.You have one hour, starting now. Let's see what you can produce from scratch :).

seb02
03-12-2015, 08:01
You have one hour, starting now. Let's see what you can produce from scratch :).

cluck
03-12-2015, 08:05
223116SMS, hire this guy :yes:.

seb02
03-12-2015, 08:09
SMS, hire this guy :yes:.

I am very expensive lol

Bealdor
03-12-2015, 08:18
snip

Enjoy your two week forum vacation. Insulting the devs is not tolerated.

Wayfastwhitey26
03-12-2015, 12:33
Enjoy your two week forum vacation. Insulting the devs is not tolerated.

Some people never learn...agree 110% with you Bealdor! What don't people understand is the License is for the 2015 VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES DW12 MODEL and The INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY.. Nothing more, nothing less. That means 2015 car model and skins--PERIOD. Pretty sure thats what I'm seeing in these teaser pics. Really wish people would quit knocking these guys. Keep up the great work. I've realized Indy will get here when it gets here. Until then I'll wait for teasers, and I'll race the wheels off all the other content we have! http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Cheesenium
03-12-2015, 12:46
You have one hour, starting now. Let's see what you can produce from scratch :).

After seeing modders in another game spend months if not years building one car, whoever who could make that untextured Indy in one hour will probably be a modelling god among us.

Even the model is done, there are a lot of things to do as that untextured model is pretty much still the beginning of building a car for the game.

cluck
03-12-2015, 13:59
Enjoy your two week forum vacation. Insulting the devs is not tolerated.Awwwww, you could have at least given him the full hour to show us what he managed to produce :(.

;)

Del Zotto x82x
03-12-2015, 14:55

huh?, that was my first thought when reading Newgarden's response and then I remembered their Ad Campaign featuring him.. I cringed watching that feature, it seemed forced and obvious he didn't really care about Forza 6..

Del Zotto x82x
03-12-2015, 15:04
Cause SMS is full of S#I%T and likes to tease sim racers with old content to keep there player base and try to get new members while doing it. Same crap with the 2014 indy 500 post they did a ful page layout regarding content that was suppose to come during launch of project cars but never happen. I have learned the BS game of SMS and how they bs there way on the forums. They have yet to say anything on ovals or the Indy car but have know problem posting about one road car after another road car after another road track after another road track. When you learn SMS is all about road racing then your life in this game will be justified to reality. Like i said before till they get off there ego/pride roller coaster and do what other sim racing games do like pace cars and yellow flags then ovals will work in this game but it's all about the money for sms and all you road racers keep feeding it to them. One thing that does get to me is that post about a poll regarding historic tracks but not one oval historic track is on that list, just goes to show you how bias this game is towards ovals and oval race cars. This pic is nothing new that anyone can make in a matter of a hour. This pic is the same lay out as the one I seen months and months ago. It's all bs and full of #$## to be honest.

You sir, and I use that term loosely, need to have your head examined. And coming from me, for those who know me, is saying something. lol

mrpeters
04-12-2015, 22:14
huh?, that was my first thought when reading Newgarden's response and then I remembered their Ad Campaign featuring him.. I cringed watching that feature, it seemed forced and obvious he didn't really care about Forza 6..

actually, he and Conor Daly play the shit out of it

ukfan758
13-12-2015, 04:36
That is the 2015 Honda Chasis for the circuits:
Here is a real car for reference:

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
13-12-2015, 04:39
so open weel

blacknred81
13-12-2015, 06:01
That is the 2015 Honda Chasis for the circuits:
Here is a real car for reference:

You confused what I said. I'm just wondering why SMS are teasting the Pre 2015 bodywork before the aerokits, when the pic I posted is the 2015 bodywork that only was shown on this forum and not teased by SMS

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
13-12-2015, 06:22
You confused what I said. I'm just wondering why SMS are teasting the Pre 2015 bodywork before the aerokits, when the pic I posted is the 2015 bodywork that only was shown on this forum and not teased by SMS

Here's your pre-2015 bodywork! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw3l1Y8xXdE

seb02
14-12-2015, 13:29
According to you, Indinapolis will come with Indycar or Nascar ?