PDA

View Full Version : Braking is pointless

neoprime85
15-05-2015, 17:18
Why does my car suddenly decide to accelerate, on its own, after i have slowed down for a corner?

Seriously, i slow down by using the brakes, i let off the brakes and without even going near the accelerator the car suddenly speeds up again, the engine doesnt engage, im still coasting yet the car is speeding up, ruining my line through the corner and often sending me wide or into a gravel trap.

WTF developers?! Is this your so called "realistic handling model"?

Fix this issue.

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 17:21
Well for my it sounds like a not properly configured Controller (Wheel or Pad).

Perhaps you don't have calibrated your Pedals and the Game is registering a continous Throttle Input.

You can check that on your Telemetry Screen.

Because for me and many others it's working correctly ;)

AND No need for Sentence like your last one...

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 17:44
Sounds like a dead zone issue. Pcars allows for VERY sensitive inputs. Might want to look at your settings. That or you're going down hill. ;)

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 17:48
Try disabling ffb.

Is the video smooth or does it stutter while braking and then zoom ahead and catch up when you're off the brake?

neoprime85
16-05-2015, 13:27
Try disabling ffb.

Is the video smooth or does it stutter while braking and then zoom ahead and catch up when you're off the brake?

Yes its exactly like this. I'll try turning off the vibration, since im using a controller. I know the game is broken when using a controller anyway but the car shouldnt just decide to speed up for no reason after braking, yet another bug that needs fixing.

Thankyou.

gixerben9
16-05-2015, 14:23
Yes its exactly like this. I'll try turning off the vibration, since im using a controller. I know the game is broken when using a controller anyway but the car shouldnt just decide to speed up for no reason after braking, yet another bug that needs fixing.

Thankyou.

Same here! when using controller my car speeds up after braking and most of the time I spin out! And doesnt seem much help when all you say is well you need to config your controller! What setting needs to be changed??

ItchyBear
16-05-2015, 14:31
Remove any deadzones then do a test lap or two using only throttle.

There's a group of us here all using controller on Xbox One and nobody else is suffering this issue.
Those of us with wheels have no repeat of this issue either, just in case your tooled up :cool:

If you guys want item by item controller configurations feel free to message me and I'll gladly forward what we're generally using.

Hope this helps?

P.S. WTF community?! Is this your so called "reasonable communication model"? :friendly_wink: chillax brah it's coming :positive:

gixerben9
16-05-2015, 14:39
Remove any deadzones then do a test lap or two using only throttle.

There's a group of us here all using controller on Xbox One and nobody else is suffering this issue.
Those of us with wheels have no repeat of this issue either, just in case your tooled up :cool:

If you guys want item by item controller configurations feel free to message me and I'll gladly forward what we're generally using.

Hope this helps?

P.S. WTF community?! Is this your so called "reasonable communication model"? :friendly_wink: chillax brah it's coming :positive:

Thanks ItchyBear! would like the config for controller please.. also thinking about getting a wheel!
Great game tho