PDA

View Full Version : Need advices about downshifting using sequential gearbox

Sweet19blue
15-05-2015, 17:33
Hello,

I just got a T100 wheel and feeling is way above pad^^ As a beginner, I used to play only with automatic shifting but since I now have a wheel, I would like to shift gears with sequential gearbox. I tried with the Clio but I am having difficulties with downshifting while decelerating. I guess it is a matter of timing...Any advices to help me with that?

Best regards,

Pierre

Casey Ringley
15-05-2015, 17:43
The Clio's box does most of the work for you. All you need is a button assigned to Gear Shift Down and it should work fine.

Daffers
17-05-2015, 07:30
I have the same wheel and all is working fine, downshift gradually while braking. If you have trouble keeping straight while downshifting you might increase brake mapping which balances the car more on braking.
I am curious what your problem is exactly?

TGFan
17-05-2015, 14:22
I'm having a shifting issue as well, I think it's been well documented by now. I'm on a PS4, stock gamepad, reassigned down to Square and Up to Circle. Noticed the problem right away, normally I'll go to downshift and it will go from whatever gear I'm in all the way to 1st. Last race was a 20 lap event it the BAC Mono, happened 4 times. The entire time on played on my PC while in development this never happened on a gamepad or a G27 wheel. I assume this will be one of the many things the have to fix. You're not alone!