PDA

View Full Version : Time trial, f****** penalities

HighBooster
15-05-2015, 17:42
Hi,

I think it should be good to fix time trial penalities.

Why putting down 2 laps ?? It's frustrating and useless. Current lap is clearly enough.

Black_Gold_Saw
15-05-2015, 17:43
I think this might happened at the last corner?
They might do this so u dont have an speed advantage into the next lap.

Toxic
15-05-2015, 17:46
I think this might happened at the last corner?
They might do this so u dont have an speed advantage into the next lap.

This!

Any penalty which will aid you going into the next lap means it will carry over into that lap.

HighBooster
15-05-2015, 17:48
It happens randomly... One time, it's just the current lap, another time is 2 laps and not into the last corner !!! So I have to restart to overtake this (quit and saving if I did a good time before).

Elmo
15-05-2015, 17:51
Good example is Silverstone GP where you could cut the last chicane to give you a speed advantage into the next lap. So the game has to "take away" your next if you do something iffy in the last sector.

LordDRIFT
15-05-2015, 18:49
I hate when I get bumped off the track and get a penalty. Or when I run off to the out side of the track (outside corner)and get a penalty. Clearly I have gained no advantage but my lap time my still be useful for my second grid spot. Very frustrating.

HighBooster
15-05-2015, 18:54
I hate when I get bumped off the track and get a penalty. Or when I run off to the out side of the track (outside corner)and get a penalty. Clearly I have gained no advantage but my lap time my still be useful for my second grid spot. Very frustrating.

THIS

Sometime with only ONE wheel out, the game puts down your lap and sometimes not... Even, if you got ONE wheel ouside by two times in the same lap, even if you loose everything in time, the games puts down TWO laps WHATEVER you are (in the last corner or NOT).

That'a about it I made this topic, it's just frustrating, anything else.

Noksi
15-05-2015, 18:56
There are no live marshals so they can't know if you accidently run wide (slowing you down) or if you run wide to gain some speed.

It's the same in iRacing and believe me, it hurts you much more in iRacing as any off track has a negative influence on your safety rating (which anybody can see, contrary to an invalid laptime which only you can see in pCars).

Boyd12
15-05-2015, 18:58
NO!!! this is just a lazy penalty system. You gain no advantage by putting a wheel on to the grass if anything you lose time. LAZY LAZY LAZY !!!

My only complaint with this game

MaXyM
15-05-2015, 19:00
Exactly, as @Noksi said. There is no 100% definite method to detect whether you gain or loose by going outside a track. To make results table fair, it's simply forbidden.

Just do you your best to not get out of a track, rather than do better laptime for any cost. Results will come with practice.

GAT_Montana
15-05-2015, 19:03
NO!!! this is just a lazy penalty system. You gain no advantage by putting a wheel on to the grass if anything you lose time. LAZY LAZY LAZY !!!

My only complaint with this game

Oh man...you should look for a girlfriend and relax a bit ;) :)

HighBooster
16-05-2015, 13:14
However, you should take a look to Bugatti. "Dunlop" chicane can be cut-off by anyway on the right side whithout any penalty, it allows to win 2 or 3 seconds easy. ;)

Charles Gillen
16-05-2015, 13:42
Laps are timed in segments. Or quadrants. If you "step out" in the last segment, your next lap will be disqualified.

ThePla7Maker
16-05-2015, 13:51
its perfect how it is. its not random if your towards the end of a lap you will get a penalty for next lap also. if you change it people will be gaining speed and exploiting it. stay on the track simple.

Willbert07
16-05-2015, 17:20
I hate getting rammed by the AI and sent off track, losing a few spots, and getting punished for it at the same time.

a3broek
17-05-2015, 16:20
Please WMD, do something about the penalties!!
Sometimes you get a penalty by touching the grass with onty 1 wheel and sometimes it's allowed to cut whole corners.
I don't understand the fun of cutting corners BTW, because you're only fooling yourself.
Examples below at Le Mans Bugatti Circuit of a ghost car in Time Trial (it means validated lap): Dunlop Corner and Chemin aux Boeufs.

freakinout
17-05-2015, 16:46
Its going to be hard in hot lapping with the penaltys because its very inconsistant and i am guessing there will be a lot of shortcuts to find.

Failrunner
17-05-2015, 18:02
You guys are crazy! I love getting rear ended by the a.i. sending me off the track into a wall and getting penalized for it while the a.i. cruises off for the win! What's not to like?! I'm in it to lose it! ;P

a3broek
17-05-2015, 18:22
You guys are crazy! I love getting rear ended by the a.i. sending me off the track into a wall and getting penalized for it while the a.i. cruises off for the win! What's not to like?! I'm in it to lose it! ;P

Talking about cutting corners in Time Trial, without A.I.

Failrunner
17-05-2015, 18:24
Talking about cutting corners in Time Trial, without A.I.

So. I'm talking about whatever I want so =P Lol.