PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong? please help

Dude84
15-05-2015, 17:53
I see post after post complaining about the ghosting, controls, time trials, ect and I cannot even get the game to unlock after a dozen deletes and reinstalls and following posts from other users. I cannot find any "official" word or even acknowledgement of the issue from the company so my question is.........how are so many people able to play this game? I would love to be able to complain about something in this game, although I doubt I will because I found the 1 race I can do to be a nice tease to what is to come. Problem it is a tease so please someone help!

4L0M
15-05-2015, 18:03
If you can only race one race, then you probably have not downloaded the entire game. You can play one race after a bit of the game has downloaded, but the actual full game is still downloading in the background. To race on ALL tracks, you need to make sure the ENTIRE game has FULLY downloaded. Go to your project cars icon on your ps4, click the options button on controller and scroll down to "information", it will tell you how much of pcars you have downloaded. A full install is around 19gb if I remember correctly.

Dude84
15-05-2015, 18:18
I have the disc version sorrybibshould have mentioned that. Yes I know about the file size, every single time it shows as 20.45.....so fully downloaded. What now? Thank you

Dude84
15-05-2015, 18:22
I have let the ps4 just sit and run waiting hours since I read there was no progress bar for download and thatvdidnt work either. I win the race on any level and no unlock. There is no place to create a driver so can't try that either.

4L0M
15-05-2015, 18:26
Don't know mate. Have you downloaded the day one patch too? Is your PS4 activated as your primary PS4? Sorry, that's all I can think of to be honest.

4L0M
15-05-2015, 18:27
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/35619h/ps4_locked_to_first_race/cr1atze

Have you read this?

Dude84
15-05-2015, 18:43
Yes it is my only ps4. Version 1.01 or 1.1 whichever the patch shows. I have read that link and done it as well, as recently as 11pm est last night. So you can see my extreme frustration since these things seem to work for others.

Barrybarfly
15-05-2015, 19:12
Tbh, it sounds like maybe you got a bad disc? Maybe try going back to the retailer and asking for an exchange? Other than that I cant offer any other suggestions (on the assumption your ps4 has the latest updates too) as to what you could try different.

Ofuscor
15-05-2015, 19:36
Yes it is my only ps4. Version 1.01 or 1.1 whichever the patch shows. I have read that link and done it as well, as recently as 11pm est last night. So you can see my extreme frustration since these things seem to work for others.

I bought a retail copy yesterday and had the same problem you are having. The game unlocked after 1 reinstall and multiple times deleting the savefiles from the PS4. Here is what I did different from the other times it did not work.

First, the patch was NOT installed (so it is not necessary to have it installed) when the game unlocked all the other modes. On the Menu screen after the introduction I selected Rookie difficulty. I also skip the introduction dialog. The other thing I did was changing the Ps4 system language from Spanish to English (United States) (Spanish is my first language). If this doesnīt work I would recommend deleting the savefile and entering the game again to try you luck once more.

Letīs hope this works for you too!