PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Endurance Races

DanBeats90
15-05-2015, 18:18
Quick question about weather in Endurance races... If I do Le Mans 24 Hours on 10% distance, will the race weather still go through day/night, i.e. a full 24 hour cycle, even though I'm only racing 2 and a half hours?

On a separate note, how do you select livery for your career?! Assuming there must be a way!

Many thanks in advance.

Bailey
15-05-2015, 18:22
Quick question about weather in Endurance races... If I do Le Mans 24 Hours on 10% distance, will the race weather still go through day/night, i.e. a full 24 hour cycle, even though I'm only racing 2 and a half hours?

On a separate note, how do you select livery for your career?! Assuming there must be a way!

Many thanks in advance.

I have done the Sonoma 3hr is both 100% race distance, and 0% race distance (1hr). Time was accelerated. I can't say anything concerning weather as it was clear/light clouds all day.
~Bailey

Ryno917
15-05-2015, 19:12

Not for contracted events, but you can for invitationals.

DanBeats90
16-05-2015, 07:37
Thanks very much. I've done 20 minute races starting at 5pm where by the end of the race the sun is setting and there is a glare on the track - this seems like accelerated weather to me! I hope so anyway, I'd wanted to do Le Mans in about 2 hours but still get to race day, evening, night and morning. Not too much to ask I hope!

kaa0s
16-05-2015, 08:01
It will start in the evening go through a long night and end in the morning after the sun has risen quite nicely casting crepular rays through the woods. So yes, the day/night cycle is there even on the shortest 2h one.

Dam351
25-05-2015, 14:04
You can have the weather cycle through numerous forecasts. The time of day is below the weather's cycling selection (ps4) and it has the date, race starting time and a acceleration option if you'd like the day to progress at all, right up to x30 or x60.

For LeMans to replicate a 24hr day, u only need select the option with date and experiment how you'd like to progress. I have 15 lap races that cycle from 4am right through to darkness of night again. (remember to turn the night settings off again before racing open wheelers or other cars without headlights lol)