PDA

View Full Version : Carrier SLS AMG GT3 lap times from AI

Michael Moe
15-05-2015, 18:28
I have reach the Catalunya circuit with AI at 75%.
The qual from the Best AI was about 1.52.5 but in the main race they now do 1.49 to 1.50 lap times all the race.

Is this normal?

Michael Moe

Ryno917
15-05-2015, 19:09
What were the conditions like? If the qualifying was early morning, the track may have been very cold, and therefor getting heat into the tires is difficult and laptimes are slower. Also, if it was wet the times will be slower.

Did you fully complete all sessions in real time (no skipping to end of session)? I've heard there's some funny business happening when skipping sessions (lap times either super fast or super slow).

Michael Moe
16-05-2015, 04:08
Thanks. Well its the Career so i dont recall but did not think the simulation would actually perform that good with weather and time based.

Michael Moe

MisterO
16-05-2015, 07:58
I experienced the same thing yesterday at Brno in I think it was the GT3 Euro Championship. Did the qualifying with AI @97%. Their best lap times were around 2:02, about the same speed I was going in quali. Yet in the races the first 4 cars were going way faster lap times, best lap time, as stated in the race result screen, was 2:00:something in both races. I was in 5th and I guess the cars behind me would have gone faster as well if I hadn't made myself were wide on track :-D

Guess I'll run races with slightly lower AI then quali then...

Daffers
16-05-2015, 09:01
I have reach the Catalunya circuit with AI at 75%.
The qual from the Best AI was about 1.52.5 but in the main race they now do 1.49 to 1.50 lap times all the race.

Is this normal?

Michael Moe

It's a known bug, ai seems to be slow during qualifying. I do set difficulty 7 points higher in qualification during career. This seems to counter this effect.
I noticed this issue during all my races on career mode,