PDA

View Full Version : Is anything being done about Cheaters?

Jacko
15-05-2015, 18:43
I thought I'd try one of the Community events tonight.
There's one for the Renault Clio cup at Brands Hatch.
The top two cars in the table have times of about 11.xx seconds and 29.xx seconds.
Clearly not possible times at this track. My time is about 53 seconds and it seems that 51 seconds is a reasonable fast time.

What if anything is being done to remove the cheated times/ accounts.?

DeBuG
15-05-2015, 18:47
i think the accounts should be removed, or atleast given a temp suspension personally. They're clearly cheating or exploiting parts of the track.

I remember back in my world of warcraft days when I managed to get into part of the unfinished maps on an expansion, they actually banned my account for 3 weeks and called me a naughty boy. Funny enough I never did it again.

Noksi
15-05-2015, 18:49
Don't straight assume they are cheating, it might be a bug. Maybe it's a lag problem, who knows.

But at least they should remove this obvious bugged/cheated times from the tables.

DeBuG
15-05-2015, 18:58
Don't straight assume they are cheating, it might be a bug. Maybe it's a lag problem, who knows.

But at least they should remove this obvious bugged/cheated times from the tables.

Well tbh bud, with the thousands of players adding up to even more thousands of attempts, i'm pretty sure more that 2 people would be effected by the lag problem / bug :)

I'm pretty sure if anything it's a glitch or exploit. And yes I am hoping they investigate it.

Jacko
15-05-2015, 19:43
I would have thought it would be easy enough to add an automatic filter to remove any impossible times.
I notice the neither of the impossible times in the clio cup challenge have the option to use the ghost car, is that something you can opt out of?

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 19:45
It seems to be a Problem with corrupted Uploads. Not Cheaters ;)

The Devs are aware of this and are looking into it...

We had it also for some time in WMD... If anyone got a 100% repro Step how to post such times...
Please write it in here...

Noksi
15-05-2015, 19:52
Yes, you do have a point DeBug. I don't want to defend them, only wanted to point out it might be a glitch/bug.

Just curious, there were 2 guys at the Bavarian event, is it the same 2 guys again ? (I'm on my laptop with no pCars so I can't check for myself).

Jacko: I think you can only download ghosts from the same plattform you are on, maybe that's the reason ?

aussiejeff
15-05-2015, 20:16
I would have thought it would be easy enough to add an automatic filter to remove any impossible times.
I notice the neither of the impossible times in the clio cup challenge have the option to use the ghost car, is that something you can opt out of?

Have pondered this thought too.

Why allow these corrupted times in the leaderboards in the first place?

It seems blindingly obvious to me that if they weren't shown in the first place (and why should they be - they are totally meaningless & take up legitimate time screen space), then there would be no heated discussion about them!! :confused:

Another one for the "TO-DO ASAP" list methinks...

Jacko
16-05-2015, 10:31
Well I hope you are right and that it's just a glitch and not cheaters.
Either way not allowing obviously unacheivable times to be displayed should be pretty simple to implement.

And yes Noksi, maybe that's the reason I can't see the ghost times I'm on the PC version.

Laud Barnor
17-05-2015, 23:04
just found this thread, yeah i was wondering about those times too; hope it gets sorted soon

yusupov
17-05-2015, 23:05
in practice ive noticed some kind of bug where the optimal time will seemingly drop a sector or two & show something like 40 seconds (making it pretty much useless), these super-fast times could be related to that bug

DUST2DEATH
17-05-2015, 23:08
if the game crashes it *can* post just the sector time as a full lap. its a bug. You will also notice those times are "Grey" on the leaderboard because they have no ghosts.

Ambro789
17-05-2015, 23:33
The beauty here is we have people actually looking into this issue it seems. Games like BF4 people write and we hear nothing. Good to know it seems this is being looked into.

321Respawn
18-05-2015, 00:28
Yes so nice to see it being looked into unlike that other racing game where it was blatant cheating and was left to go unattended .

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 02:48
Anyone who beats me is a cheater and should be banned so that I can win by default!!! So what this means is... Everyone is a cheater!!!! >: (