PDA

View Full Version : What have you done!?

tux1234
15-05-2015, 18:46
The Sakitto track is incredible, so fast, so much commitment needed. Im sure youve ruined my life because i cant stop driving it :culpability:

Took an Audi R8 GT3 around Oulton Park, incredible, im so loving this game!

theZOGster
15-05-2015, 19:43
I literally just finished my first qualifying at Donington in the Renault UK Cup Clio class. I've been battling all sorts of demons with the XBox controller bug and my unfortunate Forza 4-5 education. I fell under the spell of Foza and thought I was pretty decent, but Project CARS has put me in my place.

Once I got the controller issues straightened out I was immediately impressed\frustrated by the huge, HUGE difference in car handling physics between Forza and Project CARS. Driving a front wheel drive car is so amazingly different from my experience with Forza cars that I'm quite chuffed about putting in a few laps competitive enough to qualify first (I know, I know...it's only the AI cars, but work with me).

I can see a steep learning curve moving forward, but I'm finally feeling good about this game and my experience.

tux1234
15-05-2015, 19:48
Exactly that zogster, to start with it can be frustrating because as you mentioned its soooo different but once you can put in competitive times with the AI and drive without making lots of mistakes its such a rewarding feeling. When the bugs are fixed its going to an ace game.

SM_ISO
15-05-2015, 19:52
I agree.. forza and gt veterans need to re-learn how to drive.. damn... i skipped the kart.. its just weird.. lol

Rockefelluh
15-05-2015, 20:33
I don't think it's a huge shift if you're used to Forza without aids. But to each their own. The qualifying and tire and fuel wear is much more strategy based. Loving pcars.

o Mike V o
15-05-2015, 20:36
The feel is different, but you can still use the same techniques as you can in Forza.

youngade
15-05-2015, 20:42
When I read the thread title, I must admit I thought the worst lol...... I like this thread :)

theZOGster
15-05-2015, 21:26
The biggest difference (for me, so far at least) is the front wheel drive physics. I'm used to chopping or lifting the throttle if I overcook a corner entry. I expect the rear to get light and come around on me (which was helpful in getting the car pointed in the right direction) but in Project CARS lifting off in a front-engined, front wheel drive car really results in a lot of weight shift. In Forza I'd counter-steer to catch the rear but in CARS that just makes it worse.

I've had to retrain my brain to apply throttle a bit to even the weight shift out and "pull" the car through the turn.

Forza may have ruined me, but in retrospect I see Forza as having to give a broader band of fans the feeling of accomplishment. No one wants to buy a game and never, ever feel good at it and the Forza family gives a lot of us that feeling of being competent.

CARS has aids, but I got it to NOT be forgiving. I'm challenged by it, but excited now that I have the controls straightened out.

RUSH3RCR
15-05-2015, 21:50
Great having the old tracks back from the TOCA days. New ones I've never raced on as well. I start out in chase car to get to learn the turns than drop into the drivers view. Nothing better than beating your chase car time with the in car view.

Rockefelluh
16-05-2015, 00:07
The feel is different, but you can still use the same techniques as you can in Forza.

Agreed. Techniques are similar. The force feedback is much different, and I think more realistic on pcars. The steering gets heavier with higher speed and downforce. Forza seems fairly static and similar with each car (except FWD).

tux1234
16-05-2015, 08:28
So, won the Formula A season with 6 races to go on 100% AI, im sure only because the AI are slow in fast corners because of the DRS, when this happened i thought, well thats it then ive reached the limit of the game already but signed a contract to race an Audi R18 LMP1 and oh my god is that hard. My first race was in heavy rain at spa and the effect of the spray with the rain was incredible, i couldn't see anything, finished last by about 45 seconds in a 10 lap race but it was the most intense 10 laps ever.

Just a quick one, anyone find the Audi R18 slightly unrealistic in the fact that it doesn't seem to be that fast in a straight line, alot of understeer and turbo lag, i guess i just need to learn to drive it.

Initia1 B
17-05-2015, 09:41
I don't think it's a huge shift if you're used to Forza without aids. But to each their own. The qualifying and tire and fuel wear is much more strategy based. Loving pcars.

Agree, if anything Forza is a bit more forgiving than pCars

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 09:47
What have I done...

I started in the clio cup and did well, then I went to forumla Rookie & did weel there as well. Now I am nearing the end of my First Formula C season. I am currently in third with a good chance to be champion.

Today...

I started out with 20 Laps on Road America racing the GR.A cars, love racing that Sierra Cosworth.
The I switched up to GT3 cars on Watkins Glen and did a 10 lap race with each of these, Aston Martin V12 GT3, BMW M3 GT, and the Ginetta G55 GT3. Fun times.

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 11:02
After fixing some glitches I actually start to like this game. Hopefully the patch, will fix some of the major issues. I actually like the R18 in this game, Forza made it a mediocre a car. In Pcars it really shines. Because of the save game issue i had and having to restart my career progress I'm finding out how much fun the superkarts are all over again. I didn't realize how much I missed them.

tux1234
18-05-2015, 15:36
What have I done...

I started in the clio cup and did well, then I went to forumla Rookie & did weel there as well. Now I am nearing the end of my First Formula C season. I am currently in third with a good chance to be champion.

Today...

I started out with 20 Laps on Road America racing the GR.A cars, love racing that Sierra Cosworth.
The I switched up to GT3 cars on Watkins Glen and did a 10 lap race with each of these, Aston Martin V12 GT3, BMW M3 GT, and the Ginetta G55 GT3. Fun times.

Your life is now over, you wont be able to step away :D

bc525
18-05-2015, 15:51
I'm in a similar situation. I've played all of the Forza titles, and I had the arrogance to think I was pretty quick. PCARS is teaching me that I've got a lot of learning to do. So far I've been turning laps in the GT Class Ford Mustang Cobra Trans Am, and I haven't even thought about jumping into the karts or open wheelers yet. Baby steps right now.

This weekend was my first experience with the game, and I've just done some free practice sessions, time trials, and a couple of 15 lap races so far. One thing I noticed straight away was that the audio for this game is absolutely fantastic. Very cool sounds for the cars.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 15:57
A sturdy grasp on race science can be applied to any format.