PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Import Car Setups From Time Trial Leaderboard

lobosrul
15-05-2015, 19:12
Pretty self explanatory. Let us try out and save a setup similar to loading a ghost lap. I wish I had hundreds of hours to perfect a car setup at each track, but I don't. Maybe even make it optional when you set a TT lap to share your setup. I'm sure a few people out there want to keep it a secret, and that is their right I guess.

Also can't we have separate leaderboards based on what assists are one, or even let us see what assists are being used in the leaderboard?

NemethR
15-05-2015, 21:18
+1 on this, I pretty much agree.

TheLethalDose
18-05-2015, 12:47
Pretty self explanatory. Let us try out and save a setup similar to loading a ghost lap. I wish I had hundreds of hours to perfect a car setup at each track, but I don't. Maybe even make it optional when you set a TT lap to share your setup. I'm sure a few people out there want to keep it a secret, and that is their right I guess.

Also can't we have separate leaderboards based on what assists are one, or even let us see what assists are being used in the leaderboard?

I have a few leaderboard top 10 positions including a #1 and #2 and have only a rough idea on how to tune.

A lot of the cars are setup pretty well as standard and only need basic adjustments like gear ratios to match the straights e.t.c.

No offense, but if you are slow with a standard setup you are still going to be slow with a car setup by the best tuner in the world.

HDBanger
18-05-2015, 12:50
Yup, my motto is learn to drive the cars with default setups, gear changes and fuel is all I change on any car. I'm not the fastest, but I am far from slow. Setup save system is just too basic to be changing things without a proper place to save it.

Jaqb
18-05-2015, 14:48
+1
Sharing car setup should have been included from the start. IMO it should work like this:

When your personal best lap is being uploaded to the leaderboard servers, game should ask you if you want to share setup with everyone or not.
Setups should be available for download he same way ghosts are. (if a person has agreed to share the setup that is)
It goes without saying that there should be an option in setting to set the default action for sharing setup, like: always ask/always share/never share

lobosrul
19-05-2015, 03:01
I have a few leaderboard top 10 positions including a #1 and #2 and have only a rough idea on how to tune.

A lot of the cars are setup pretty well as standard and only need basic adjustments like gear ratios to match the straights e.t.c.

No offense, but if you are slow with a standard setup you are still going to be slow with a car setup by the best tuner in the world.

Wow I honestly don't know how some of these lap times are done. I think I'm 8 seconds behind at Monaco in an FC car (my nickname is not the same as here). I could maybe see getting that down 1 more second if I tried for an hour straight.

knotme
19-05-2015, 03:16
don't know about getting just anyone's tune... some may want to guard them. after all ... 90% of racing is the setup. but it would be cool to allow us to save and pass around tunes if we so desire. :) just a thought... cheers

lollygag
19-05-2015, 04:01
don't know about getting just anyone's tune... some may want to guard them. after all ... 90% of racing is the setup. but it would be cool to allow us to save and pass around tunes if we so desire. :) just a thought... cheers

This just is not true.. you've got it backwards, 10% is the tuning, 90% is the driver. There really is no "fast setup", You dont tune a car to be faster, you tune a car to fit a particular driving style.. Its just like in real life, the guys that spend the most time on the track, and can convey to the engineer what he wants the car to do will have an advantage. If you dont wanna spend the time and learn what the settings are actually doing and what to adjust to make the car react the way you want it to, then you cant compete at the top.

You are right in that the fastest guys wont give up too much of theyre secrets.

lobosrul
19-05-2015, 05:02
Well I just improved my time by 2 seconds on Monaco to put me in 28th place in the F-C car (CdG|Guns) . Mostly due to to tuning I think. I had my aero and ride height pretty well maxed before.