PDA

View Full Version : G27 with Xbox One

Viking6
15-05-2015, 19:15
I played almost every racing game since GranTourismo 1, and this is the first one to make me want a racing wheel. So based on a lot of reviews I went with the Logitech G27. I was just curious what adapters everyone who uses this wheel have found to work the best. This is where I am having trouble finding reviews, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

o Mike V o
15-05-2015, 19:40
No G27 on xbox sadly...blame Microsoft.

Viking6
15-05-2015, 19:43
Well aren't people using adapters like CronusMax and XCM F1 adapters to use the G27 with the Xbox and PS4? I was just wondering which ones on the market were preferred among the racing community who use the G27.

madmax2069
15-05-2015, 19:47
Well aren't people using adapters like CronusMax and XCM F1 adapters to use the G27 with the Xbox and PS4? I was just wondering which ones on the market were preferred among the racing community who use the G27.

Those adapters are garbage, just look up for video reviews about them. They have a huge deadzone regardless of if you can set the dead zone in the game, lacks full force feedback (usually only limited to rumble), some have worse input lag. And the huge issue is that they only simulate controller inputs with the wheel (most need to have a wired controller plugged in).

No G27 on xbox sadly...blame Microsoft.

No, Blame Logitech for dropping console suport and going PC only.

Outlier
15-05-2015, 19:48
yeah don't try to make it work. it won't work well. just get an xbox wheel.

Silversn95
15-05-2015, 20:06
What would be a good wheel for the xbox one? I, like the OP am very tempted to get a wheel finally due to this game.

o Mike V o
15-05-2015, 20:13
What would be a good wheel for the xbox one? I, like the OP am very tempted to get a wheel finally due to this game.

I went with the Mad Catz Pro racing wheel since it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the top end Thrustmaster, I didn't really want a Ferrari branded wheel by them either. It is my first wheel so I dont have anything to compare it to but I am loving it.

I was iffy about buying Mad Catz, but I didn't hear great things about Thrustmaster either. IMO, you can't go wrong with either one despite what some elitists might say.

thisisbleep
16-05-2015, 00:46
No, Blame Logitech for dropping console suport and going PC only.

Sony and Microsoft both decided to add additional security to the peripherals, which in turn made all last generation peripherals broken and forced people to buy new ones.

Logitech pulled out of the market at the beginning of 2013, so it is not their fault.

911 C4S
19-05-2015, 16:40
I'm using my g27 with maxrace adapter and it's great! There's a new firmware specifically for pcars for the adapter. Still trying to find perfect settings but I've got it to where I can race clean and fast.

MoneyMan300
19-05-2015, 17:10

Are you looking for a FFB wheel? You really only have 2 options, Thrustmaster and Macatz. I have tested and reviewed both the Thrustmaster Wheels. The Ferrari 458 Spyder is the non FFB version, for under $100, and only works on the Xbox One. The Ferrari 458 TX is the FFB version, just under $300, and work on both the Xbox One and the PC. Both are solid options and work very well (aside form the FFB issues in pCars). Madcatz has 2 comparable version at about the same price points. Personally I would stick with the Thrustmaster, since that what most people have....that way you have the community to help with tuning and issues.

leftturney
19-05-2015, 17:25
Like madmax says, if you want proper wheel support you need to get one of the official wheels (Thrustmaster, Madcatz) or wait for the Fanatec. These adapters only act as a controller, the game will not realize you are using a wheel and your wheel plus it's features will be moot. You will be constantly changing settings from car to car because there will be no degrees of rotation modifier in effect. That basically means you will be using 900 degrees of rotation to turn every car, including f1 cars.

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 17:35
Sony and Microsoft both decided to add additional security to the peripherals, which in turn made all last generation peripherals broken and forced people to buy new ones.

Logitech pulled out of the market at the beginning of 2013, so it is not their fault.

Actually no, thats not what happened. I can plug any USB PC flight stick into the PS4 and use it in War Thunder just fine, as well as any USB keyboard and USB mouse. And microsoft only allows what they approve of.

The whole security chip thing is a bunch on crap.

The reason why Logitech dropped console support is because they was losing money, they had no other choice but to drop console support and go PC only.

Nemesis X2
19-05-2015, 18:06
Surely if buying a wheel for the Xbox One it would've just been more logical to buy one that's actually compatible with the system in the first place???

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 18:16
Surely if buying a wheel for the Xbox One it would've just been more logical to buy one that's actually compatible with the system in the first place???

Thats what you would think right

911 C4S
19-05-2015, 18:23
I have the shifter working 100% (all 6 gears & reverse) along with manual clutch. I will have to work on the clutch settings but it works, albeit much slower than the paddles.

FFB is working, not just rumble. You can feel the road and and although not perfect, it works very well without spending much time in the settings.

Props to MaxRace for their custom PCars firmware. I can tell this game is going to be phenomenal once the bugs are worked out and it's polished.

Shadowcatt
24-05-2015, 21:53
I agree with 911 C4S, the max race adapter does work quite well after the firmware update.
I don't know why people bad mouth it for deadzone. I have literally every racing game on xbox one and no deadzone or lag issues.
I have this game on pc and xbox, a lot of the ffb actually feels better on xbox (bumps curbs etc)
I just wish the framerates were as good as pc.

FEAR 208
04-07-2015, 13:48
I have the shifter working 100% (all 6 gears & reverse) along with manual clutch. I will have to work on the clutch settings but it works, albeit much slower than the paddles.

FFB is working, not just rumble. You can feel the road and and although not perfect, it works very well without spending much time in the settings.

Props to MaxRace for their custom PCars firmware. I can tell this game is going to be phenomenal once the bugs are worked out and it's polished.

How is the delay, and what do you have your settings at?

911 C4S
04-07-2015, 16:29
How is the delay, and what do you have your settings at?

I can't answer your question accurately anymore. It didn't take long for me to realize how much potential this game had after i teased myself by using the g27 with maxrace adapter. I bought the tx 458 Italia wheel and the game is on an entirely different level. Especially after these recent patches and ffb settings and tweaks, the way the wheel immerses you into the game is an experience that no words can be used to explain. It's just something you have to experience to understand.

Having said that, the g27 with that adaptor was a good experience and I would probably use it over the controller just for sim/immersion factor.
I didn't notice any delay and I think I just started with stock settings after the firmware update and tweaked from there. The update made it from unplayable to playable with no other changes.

I highly recommend investing in a proper wheel if you can afford it and if you enjoy racing games.
I pretty much only played COD with some occasional Forza thrown in but only on pad. I honestly didn't see myself being a sim player because I didn't think anything could come close to the actual experience and the feeling one gets driving a Porsche flat out and to its limits.

This is not far off and I know if I were to get a top end full sim racing rig setup I would be there :)

FEAR 208
05-07-2015, 06:47
I can't answer your question accurately anymore. It didn't take long for me to realize how much potential this game had after i teased myself by using the g27 with maxrace adapter. I bought the tx 458 Italia wheel and the game is on an entirely different level. Especially after these recent patches and ffb settings and tweaks, the way the wheel immerses you into the game is an experience that no words can be used to explain. It's just something you have to experience to understand.

Having said that, the g27 with that adaptor was a good experience and I would probably use it over the controller just for sim/immersion factor.
I didn't notice any delay and I think I just started with stock settings after the firmware update and tweaked from there. The update made it from unplayable to playable with no other changes.

I highly recommend investing in a proper wheel if you can afford it and if you enjoy racing games.
I pretty much only played COD with some occasional Forza thrown in but only on pad. I honestly didn't see myself being a sim player because I didn't think anything could come close to the actual experience and the feeling one gets driving a Porsche flat out and to its limits.

This is not far off and I know if I were to get a top end full sim racing rig setup I would be there :)
I didn't realize you had upgraded to a compatible wheel. The reason I'm considering the adapter is an almost new G27 that I used for Iracing that's just getting dusty. I think I can justify the cost of the adapter vs buying a $300 wheel.