PDA

View Full Version : [NEVER?] when is the g27 coming to project cars or should i get a trustmaster?

izakhunt
15-05-2015, 20:07
I have like many people got a g27 with shifter.
but at the moment I cant use it as you all know on project cars.
do I wait for logictech g27 to be supported via update on ps4
or should i cut my loses and get a t500rs which means spending money
I dont have right now. it has to be the t500rs and not the t300 trustmaster,
because my racing cockpit doesn't support the t300. im so f**ked off right now.
its all about the money. i feel like iv been done over :mad:

project cars wasn't made to be played with a stick

Mr.Smoke
15-05-2015, 20:49
Logitech support for PS4 will likely never happen unfortunately. Time to bust out the credit card.

IrideGravity
15-05-2015, 21:08
That sucks, tough dilemma. I'd be looking at taking my g27 to PC. I'm sure they will sort out the 500 bugs for ps4. I think Logitech is dead to playstation now. There deal with thrustmaster is exclusive I believe. Not the first time I've heard others repeat same sentiment.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 21:27
G27 works great for project cars on PC. Really, it's a business problem that has nothing to do with SMS. The day those businesses sort it out the G27 will be working for project cars on PS4.

HarryHoodlum
15-05-2015, 21:29
Fairly new to this scene, but from what I've read, it seems as though that's not gonna happen. Logitech is apparently out of the wheel business which I'm assuming means they can't be bothered to assist in getting things compatible.

I don't think you've been "done over", but I would be frustrated too.

rbl
15-05-2015, 21:37
I think there is a 3rd-party adapter the enables these "old" Logitech wheels on PS4, can't remember the name though

codyPKA
15-05-2015, 22:03
I think there is a 3rd-party adapter the enables these "old" Logitech wheels on PS4, can't remember the name though

there is one out there but iirc you wont have any FFB, which kind of ruins the experience

IrideGravity
15-05-2015, 22:08
G27 works great for project cars on PC. Really, it's a business problem that has nothing to do with SMS. The day those businesses sort it out the G27 will be working for project cars on PS4.

The business part is that playstation can't make any licensing fees on new equipment sales if everyone brings their g27. Your g27 is dead to ps4.
Thrustmaster has the license this time. Not gonna change. It was a calculated financial decision to not support old gen hardware and force new sales. Which Sony gets a royalty on each unit sold. All about money for sure.

trancend
15-05-2015, 22:38
I highly reccomend not buying a new wheel being an owner of a perfectly working, $300 wheel that is no more than a few years old.

If you do, then you are supporting Sony's "doing one over" behavior and it will then likely repeat on the PS5.

They have indeed ra ped many of us loyal customers on this one.

Im finishing my PC build as soon as I get the money, this is my last Playstation, dont need it for GT anymore, they aint the only game in town no more.

rbl
15-05-2015, 22:45
Googled around a little bit and there appear to be at least 4 actually. But like you say, no FFB

M4 Converter which doesn't seem to be very good - no proper FFB and huge deadzone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Opfg6vqIR8

Maxrace F1 V5 which seem better and someone is playing Project CARS on it (unless it's a fake video) :) But I can't find any review in English :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4x8NTGpKCg

CronusMax which seem very complicated and the result is no FFB either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Es3ugV3AkI

And then something called Titan One, which according to this post
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-g25-g27-support-on-ps4-at-november.317589/page-3#post-10319858
might be the original the others are copying? Read through this
http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199
The guy on forum says he's working on true FFB, but so far it's not done yet.

madmax2069
15-05-2015, 23:40
If you have a G25 or G27 and want to play PC on console you can do a few things

1. Sell the Logitech wheel as official support wont ever come back to console (Logitech left the console market), and put that money towards a supported wheel.
2. Ditch the console version and Use a PC (if you have one that is powerful enough to play PC) and simply use the G25 or G27 on it.

Option one is the only someone could choose if they dont have a PC to play Project cars on.

Those converter boxes are a waste of money, by the time you get all that is required you'll have quite a bit wrapped up in just getting those boxes working. And on top of that they work poorly when they do work.

joridiculous
16-05-2015, 00:03
it has to be the t500rs and not the t300 trustmaster,
because my racing cockpit doesn't support the t300. im so f**ked off right now.

What do you mean? T500 and T300 are identical for mounting. T300 can be used on anything T500 can be used on being games or cockpit, wheelmounts, etc.

IrideGravity
16-05-2015, 00:38
What do you mean? T500 and T300 are identical for mounting. T300 can be used on anything T500 can be used on being games or cockpit, wheelmounts, etc.

I thought this as well, but wasn't sure, but now that u mention, it was in the inside simracing video. Pedals would obviously be different I think. But the 300 was better reviewed, more accurate, less powerful. I would look at the 300 again, unless your a pedal snob. But I saw a guy with stock g27 pedals that's high on the project cars leaderboards for PC.
Don't discount the 300 if you don't have to.

izakhunt
16-05-2015, 07:33
hey rlb . thx for CronusMax video link to youtube.
its been a massive help to me and needless to say many other ps4 g27 users.
I can stop looking at expansive wheels now.
:cool:
thx again

izakhunt
16-05-2015, 07:46
hey joridiclous thx for the info. thats a big help to me.
I can now realistically think about getting t300 wants iv sold the g27.
guess the market going to flooded with g27's but thx again

izakhunt
16-05-2015, 08:22
hey madmax2069 thx for your advice and ultimately it would be better to have a nice n powerfully pc.
Iv had good pc's in the past and have struggled to keep up with technology and board failure's .
ps4 is budget gaming for the masses, you are right on every point you make.

now im thinking of selling the console and putting the money towards a pc and lets face it, pc's are where its at.
yeah iv got to be selfish and sod the kids, its dads time now and there have make do with the ps3. thx again..izakhunt