PDA

View Full Version : Wreckers online that think this is Mario Kart and what to do?!?

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 20:13
Let me start by saying I've played a lot of racing games and have seen this in every single game. People want to get in and just wreck people and it makes racing impossible. i love this racing game. Been waiting a long time for this to come out and love it. I only play online races. I don't care much for single player or vs the computer. But you guys no what I'm talking about. If you want to see subscribe to my YouTube page Chappyjoker14 and I post all of my online project Cars races on there.

It's comical yet frustrating to say the least. They really think it's Mario Kart. There is no point in qualifying because by turn one you will be taken out by the guy that plays bowling with his car by not breaking and wiping out five or six. Or you get by a guy to pass clean and runs you to the grass or run off only for you to get a time penalty for cutting the track. It's insane. It gets old and I don't know what the answer is as far as policing this but it needs to be looked it for repeat offenders of this style.

I would love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on this. We all know what I'm talking about. Again check my YouTube page at Chappyjoker14 and you'll see. Thanks

HarryHoodlum
15-05-2015, 20:18
How does the reputation system work? In a game like this it should be strict. If you're bashing people, there needs to be the ability to report/flag that person.

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 20:32
None that I can see to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong but don't see it. I agree though. It's just super frustrating to say the least.

Andy Mitchell
15-05-2015, 20:41
If you want some clean racing these guys might be who you are looking for.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24122-Project-Cars-Fair-Driving-Community-New-Facebook-Group-dedicated-to-racing-fairplay

IrideGravity
15-05-2015, 20:47
None that I can see to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong but don't see it. I agree though. It's just super frustrating to say the least.

Not gonna get any better anytime soon, unless you cultivate your own group of like minded racers. I'd say join a league, but even that's not an option as there is no way to monitor races or control entry. Can't even name your room to promote clean racing. Ps4 is full of little kids. The PC users on twitch run some legit races though. And they have dedicated servers. That's where I'm headed. My ps4 version is for career and practice and whoever I might make friends with that's clean In the meantime.

Psn=soccerlover2222 I avoid contact & give anything back I didn't earn legit

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 20:48
I just like jumping into a short race and getting as many races in online. It's just hard and frustrating when some people are only into wrecking you and making it miserable for everyone else that wants to race and win.

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 20:55
Need more of us clean guys racing. Just will never understand the Mario Kart mentality of some of these people.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 21:03
FWIW, we had the same experience over at WMD about 2 years ago when the MP code was first released. Very similar. Then the kids went away and the decent joes were left. Little leagues formed and it became easier to have a good time with online racing.

Nelly D Racer
15-05-2015, 21:07
There's so many organised racing leagues out there that I don't feel the need to race with these idiots.

I've been league racing for the last 6 years now at various racing sites, now we have Project Cars these sites have a much better base game to work with.

One site I've taken an interest in is just starting up http://www.theultimateracingnetwork.com/ it's not fully operational yet but this site has got loads of potential. The guys running the site are all ex-Forza 4 and 5 league racers and although the main focus is going to be on the Xbox One they will be opening up the site to community run leagues for other platforms.

Well worth a look.

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 21:15
Yeah I hope your right that after a little bit the wreckers will move on to something else. All we can hope for I guess

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 21:28
Chappy, find a league if you can. Best way to play pCARS. See the online sub-forum. browse around.

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 22:13
Thanks sir. Will do!

Jeckert7
15-05-2015, 22:21
No way to stop it unfortunately...this will be a part of every online game. The only way to truly have it not affect a race is to make everyone a "ghost car", but what's the fun in that? I try to not let these type of players get to me but they always do...it's annoying that you can't enjoy a game you love online (and it's not just racing games either).

Chappyjoker
15-05-2015, 22:51
Yep you feel my pain!! It's brutal and your right it will always be there. I think after a number of collisions they should be ghosted but by then your relegated to racing in the back for the Mario Kart ways so it's tough.

Crofty79
15-05-2015, 22:52
I do totally agree with you, i like to be able to race a clean race with other players. But i'd like to add i'm not the best at these racing sims it's been awhile since I played.

I have taken a few people out while mis-juging a corner but I do let them go pass back me as a "sorry my bad". But today I had the red mist as one of these jokers kept take people off at coners an totally ruined a possibly good race.

It would be nice to have some sort of system in place which keeps track of penalties you have recived in race and makes others aware of your "dirty" driving style.
Just a thought

Skeme_DBT
15-05-2015, 23:28
Im a Time Trials guy, and not used to racing with other drivers on track. I tried an online race the other day, and tried my best to drive clean but its something I need practice at. I accidentally hit a guy when going round a corner, and Im sure he thought I was a wrecker because when I let him past, he knocked me off the track LOL

But yeah, I dont even like getting 'Mario Karted' in Mario Kart, let alone a sim.

Chappyjoker
16-05-2015, 00:28
Oh I hear you Crofty. We all make mistakes and are not perfect. It the Mario Kart folks that I'm referring to that go out and try to make it a horrible time for us clean racers. It's frustrating.

NXP3
16-05-2015, 03:59
Well as a new player to online racing I'm a little intimidated going online because I DON'T want to cause wrecks for people. There ought to be a way to say, OK this race is for beginners or for experts. That way, people don't jump into the wrong game and wreck other people. At least for the people that care to not want to wreck other people.

NXP3
16-05-2015, 04:02
Crofty79 Yep you feel my pain!! It's brutal and your right it will always be there. I think after a number of collisions they should be ghosted but by then your relegated to racing in the back for the Mario Kart ways so it's tough.

Maybe ghosting for the first 10 seconds. The crashes usually happens at the front and once it gets spread out it's less of a chance getting hit.

cloakdeath
16-05-2015, 19:25
Well as a new player to online racing I'm a little intimidated going online because I DON'T want to cause wrecks for people. There ought to be a way to say, OK this race is for beginners or for experts. That way, people don't jump into the wrong game and wreck other people. At least for the people that care to not want to wreck other people.

It's very simple. For your first races, drive conservatively and brake early if you think there is a decent chance of collision. turn racing line on so you can see where you have the right to go. Just being aware of those things will put you above most players.

dvc
16-05-2015, 20:02
Im a Time Trials guy, and not used to racing with other drivers on track. I tried an online race the other day, and tried my best to drive clean but its something I need practice at. I accidentally hit a guy when going round a corner, and Im sure he thought I was a wrecker because when I let him past, he knocked me off the track LOL

But yeah, I dont even like getting 'Mario Karted' in Mario Kart, let alone a sim.

Same happened to me. If I make mistake on overtaking someone Ill let him by. But rarely he tries to kill me for it. You were just unlucky.

dvc
16-05-2015, 20:03
It's very simple. For your first races, drive conservatively and brake early if you think there is a decent chance of collision. turn racing line on so you can see where you have the right to go. Just being aware of those things will put you above most players.

And at this stage of the pCARS Online system most often you will make it to the end of the race higher than you started

JamieF86
16-05-2015, 23:51
Sunday league first race next Sunday 24/05/15 contact me at tgorlps4@gmail

ITR_K1LO5
17-05-2015, 00:08
How does the reputation system work? In a game like this it should be strict. If you're bashing people, there needs to be the ability to report/flag that person..

Agree, surely the game takes note of each players driving style and maybe inflict harsher penalties?

hkraft300
17-05-2015, 00:59
Agree, surely the game takes note of each players driving style and maybe inflict harsher penalties?

We'll end up getting penalized ourselves. Eg online racing last night, coming up towards Ascari (the left-right-left chicane?) at Monza at full tilt in a Lotus 98T. Funny bloke that was in the gravel pit decided to get me head on. I was approaching too fast.

We both got DQ for wrecking.

Room Moderators need the ability to kick, and the Vote-to-kick should notify the whole lobby clearly enough. That way we can boot wreckers out of our lobbies and let them run their own Mario Kart races.

jdmnsprd
17-05-2015, 01:12
Bumpp to the top I hate guys I pass by clean and get jelly so they ram me but that game is fun when u find a room of respectable drivers

ITR_K1LO5
17-05-2015, 02:02
Room Moderators need the ability to kick, and the Vote-to-kick should notify the whole lobby clearly enough. That way we can boot wreckers out of our lobbies and let them run their own Mario Kart races.

Yeh, something along these lines would work for me!!! Would also help to be able to search lobbies locally!!!

Chappyjoker
17-05-2015, 03:30
I just don't understand why there are people that buy serious racing games and turn it into Mario Kart. That's why I created this topic because it's so frustrating to try and race clean only to be taken out in the first turn or if you just happen to try and pass them clean. What makes a person want to ruin a great game by simply running people off the track or wrecking them and making us all angry. I just don't get it. That's why I like to race online too see where I stack up with other real drivers. I only play online. I enjoy the unpredictability that online has and not single player vs computer. But more and more online is becoming very predictable. Wreck fest with Mario kart idiots. It just gets so old and it happens with every racing game. It's like they know they can't win so they make it as miserable as they can for everyone else that is better. Just gets old.

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 04:35
I play online exclusively as well, and the guys driving backwards, waiting on the side of the track, causing carnage on purpose, etc don't bother me, there aren't that many of them and as time passes they will get bored and move on. No penalty system will be effective against someone who doesn't care if they are penalized.

By far, the bigger headache is drivers who are quick and want to race but don't understand racecraft and take being passed as a personal insult. You know the ones, you get a run coming out of Parabolica and make a clean pass down the straight...he then tries to outbrake you from 10 car lengths back into the chicane and punts you through it, taking the spot and leaving you with a penalty for cutting the chicane. If a driver is making contact with other cars every race then he needs to be separated from drivers who go out of their way to avoid getting tangled up. A license system with points awarded for clean laps and points deducted for contact with cars, barriers, etc has been proven to work in other sims and I think it would work well for Project CARS. A lot of people would probably be surprised to learn they aren't as clean as they think they are!

And everyone saying "join a league", I know you have good intentions. I've raced in and administrated leagues so I know they are the best way to get clean racing, but that's one or two races a week at a prescribed time. I think drivers should be able to get clean, fair racing every time they sign in.

andyparks
17-05-2015, 08:54
There needs to by a system in place for bad drivers codemasters have one so why not project cars

BGB83
17-05-2015, 10:25
This is what I had to put up with the other night. Pushed me down the grass and rammed me.......I still won lol

https://youtu.be/vMJZE0DguMQ

hypnotoad8128
17-05-2015, 11:25
There will always be idiots in any driving game who thinks that smashing into people like Mario Kart is the best way to race. From past experience, if you play on a public race, you're almost guaranteed morons as they are the norm not the exception. Private rooms and leagues are about the only way to enjoy online racing in any game.

cloakdeath
17-05-2015, 14:39
I'm tempted to leave any lobby that's about to race monza.. and I think you know why.

dvc
17-05-2015, 17:10
This is what I had to put up with the other night. Pushed me down the grass and rammed me.......I still won lol

This? Thats pretty clean race TBH

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 17:48
Cloakdeath- Qualified front row, punted going into the chicane, waited for the entire field to pass before re-entering the track and I still get a 5 second penalty.

KK78
17-05-2015, 18:17
I've probably played about 40 online races so far, I'd say a 1/3 were full of idiots but I still got some good finishes, another 1/3 were people trying not to hit each other but still the inevitable collisions took place and the remaining races were pretty event free- I don't think it is that bad although the game itself could do with a few more tweaks, such as ghosting for stationary or near stationary cars (for those tosspots who sit in the middle of the track) a feature whereby if someone is clearly out of control of the car or swerving erratically for a period of time the game applies a ghost status for the rest of the race for that particular car, a reputation system that actually means something and penalties which are not just a blind stab in the dark (i.e when you get pushed over a chicane but you get the penalty a la Monza)

Also for qualifying maybe have a feature for the host to turn ghosting on so at least people can get a time.

Zenzic
17-05-2015, 18:26
@BGB83: That didn't seem to be a particularly enjoyable race, but at least you got an amusing vid out of it. 0:40 is quite funny... :)

Chappyjoker
17-05-2015, 18:35
It's therapeutic that I started this topic so everyone can sympathize with one another and state what they have had happen to them. We are all racers and we do our best. It's just a bunch of knuckleheads that want to ruin it for us. Just wish you could police it better but I know that is a very daunting task. We just keep turning left and right and hope for the best.

Zenzic
17-05-2015, 18:47
Well, your best bet is still joining a racing crew. Getting into contact with the people you're racing with creates an instant atmosphere of respect and responsibility for one's actions.

Skeme_DBT
17-05-2015, 19:01

1:25 LOL!

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 19:07

Noob question: how do you upload a replay to YT? Only had my PS4 about 2 weeks.

Mr.Smoke
17-05-2015, 19:07
Finding a good group of people to race with often, but at random times is what im looking for since public races are a total mess. Ive been toying with joining a league, but finding one that suits my likings & timezone hasnt been easy. Unsure if i can commit to weekly scheduled events either.

KK78
17-05-2015, 19:10
@flatspunout- When you have something you want to record and upload press the share button>upload video clip>select Youtube>trim the video and name it>upload it and it will usually appear on Youtube within 5-15 minutes. Obviously you'll need a youtube account (free) and to pair it to your PS4 but that's pretty straightforward.

Bear in mind it only saves the last 15 minutes of gameplay and if you press the share button go into the uploader but then back out that last 15 minutes will be lost.

lordymatsuo
17-05-2015, 19:26
Join our growing PS4 race club of clean racers, our website is here with all the details. This is a growing work in progress club focusing on clean and fun races.

https://ps4projectcars.wordpress.com/

Rodgerzzz
17-05-2015, 19:54
Yep, knowing who you're racing with is so much more enjoyable. Not only do you know that the guy behind isn't going to slam you off intentionally, it's a great laugh. I do sympathise with people in public multiplayer, there's no safety net to catch the wrongens that have no idea how to race.

As others have probably said in here, join a racing club/crew/clan/whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of them out there and its well worth it.

xX_PHLOX_Xx
17-05-2015, 20:22
A license system with points awarded for clean laps and points deducted for contact with cars, barriers, etc has been proven to work in other sims and I think it would work well for Project CARS. A lot of people would probably be surprised to learn they aren't as clean as they think they are!

This... 100% this... SMS PLEASE DO THIS!!!

Ps joined an informal racing group tonight. Did 4 races and it was really fun. A million miles away from public online. If only public online could be the same.

McLari
18-05-2015, 06:40
That's why I use Iracing for online racing.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 07:13
I ignore the bad racers...just race faster en they can't hit you.

cloakdeath
18-05-2015, 09:19
I ignore the bad racers...just race faster en they can't hit you.

You must be pretty fast through the first turn at monza gp then.

RigsXF73
18-05-2015, 09:38
Set up a grading structure.

This way, noobs who are bad drivers get little to no XP for want of a better phrase.

This drivers who drive cleanly gain more 'XP' and are then allowed to enter more dedicated races.

Even those who lose races, but drive cleanly are given XP.

Hopefully those who are wreckers will get fed-up and not bother, or they will get serious and try and race like the rest of us want to do.

It's either that, or the wreckers sod off to GT7 - we can but hope!

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 09:52
You must be pretty fast through the first turn at monza gp then.

Or let them pass and let them miss their braking point.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 09:53
Or let them pass and let them miss their braking point.

Or join our lobby!

Sammykl
18-05-2015, 12:01
I'm also looking for those who are clean. I just entered a race with lots of people and by just the first turn everything messed up. Even I am a kid I can drive cleaner than the dirty ones. In some cases you can wait behind and let them go to grass and then take their position, but that isn't what a race is... I am currently on PS4 and I hope for anyone clean to play with me PSN: Flar3r65

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 12:17
I'm also looking for those who are clean. I just entered a race with lots of people and by just the first turn everything messed up. Even I am a kid I can drive cleaner than the dirty ones. In some cases you can wait behind and let them go to grass and then take their position, but that isn't what a race is... I am currently on PS4 and I hope for anyone clean to play with me PSN: Flar3r65

I will add u.

Fight-Test
18-05-2015, 12:25
I play online exclusively as well, and the guys driving backwards, waiting on the side of the track, causing carnage on purpose, etc don't bother me, there aren't that many of them and as time passes they will get bored and move on. No penalty system will be effective against someone who doesn't care if they are penalized.

By far, the bigger headache is drivers who are quick and want to race but don't understand racecraft and take being passed as a personal insult. You know the ones, you get a run coming out of Parabolica and make a clean pass down the straight...he then tries to outbrake you from 10 car lengths back into the chicane and punts you through it, taking the spot and leaving you with a penalty for cutting the chicane. If a driver is making contact with other cars every race then he needs to be separated from drivers who go out of their way to avoid getting tangled up. A license system with points awarded for clean laps and points deducted for contact with cars, barriers, etc has been proven to work in other sims and I think it would work well for Project CARS. A lot of people would probably be surprised to learn they aren't as clean as they think they are!

And everyone saying "join a league", I know you have good intentions. I've raced in and administrated leagues so I know they are the best way to get clean racing, but that's one or two races a week at a prescribed time. I think drivers should be able to get clean, fair racing every time they sign in.

The point of joining a league is not for the one race a week. Its so you have guys to practice and race with the other 6 nights. This is where you meet guys and then more guys to add to your psn list and only race with them. Use your mic and have some social skills and in a week you will have a list full of clean racers. When you get online look and see whos in a lobby and join. Then invite any other clean racers you have on your list that are online. easy peasy

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 13:21
From our WMD experience, it was a short time when the names of clean racers and names of "less clean" racers became known and clean groups quickly formed.

QuickShift
18-05-2015, 13:35
this is why i never race online thereís only 2 options in my opinion and thatís live with it and hope it gets better or bring in Non-Contact racing !? I know itís not the same but when playing GTA Online id go into races and never win because some bell end would smash you off the road so i gave up, but as soon as they brought in non-contact racing i would pee all over them as i beat them on racing skill instead of wrecking balling people. But this would destroy a good game as letís face it is a simulator

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 11:03
With only a couple of pages of online races theres not much chance of separating the wheat from the chafe, especially with the totally unintellegent penalty detector programming. They promised skill matched lobbies, someones been telling porkies?