PDA

View Full Version : About some of the control settings

Mulder89
15-05-2015, 20:52
I'm not sure what EXACTLY these settings do under control/configuration (using a wheel):

Controller filtering sensitivity
Damper saturation
Controller input mode

Advanced:
Soft steering dampening
Visual wheel filtering
Opposite lock help

I have noticed that Soft steering dampening and Visual wheel filtering will always set itself on after restarting the game, even if Advanced is set to off.
With Advanced off, are they really turned off if it says on but greyed out and locked?
Thanks in advance!

Mulder89
16-05-2015, 09:55
Bump

JohnyHerbertLovesCake
16-05-2015, 11:40
This is a good example of how the game doesn't explain things properly. With all that space on the screen you'd think they could add some kind of caption to the side describing what things mean.

Mulder89
16-05-2015, 13:05
I hope they will in the near future. Its great to have a myriad of options to customize but whats the point when we are just guessing what they are. Being able to set up your controller properly is first priority.
I've tried to google these but couldn't find an exact answer.

Mulder89
17-05-2015, 10:26
Bump

E30_Hntsvl
17-05-2015, 11:37
Guess they need a good technical writer to document the program. In the rush to get the product out, they completely forgot about documentation. Typical of programmers.

Sanuck
17-05-2015, 12:44
Hi all
its funny but all my requests for a manual about settings end up on the back pages of the forum. Not even the so called members are sure of most of it. They seem to busy defending SMS. After all they only had 4 years !
I now have had this game over a week and spent most of my time trying to work things out instead of enjoying, to be honest im loosing interest. There are so many threads asking simple questions its a joke.
We need a Manual Fellow newbies (kart drivers) please post and lets try to get this across to some one who cares..
Even inside sim racing did a video and stated that they didnt have a clue for most of the FFB setting.

It would be nice if SMS a least said this was something they would do ?

Rant over.

Mulder89
18-05-2015, 10:34
Bump

gbm
18-05-2015, 11:54
I'm looking forward to a future patch where they add a little sentence next to each modifier explaining what these do.

wraithsrike
18-05-2015, 12:10
See below
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

Jaroslav Turna
18-05-2015, 12:20
I'm not sure what EXACTLY these settings do under control/configuration (using a wheel):

Controller filtering sensitivity - sets the general percentage of modification applied to the (nearly) raw gamepad input (IMHO. values from 25-40 are the best to use, but it depends .... on everybody's taste)
Damper saturation - Used for wheel only (so I can't help with this one)
Controller input mode - selects the input mode (including default preset for each mode). Modes change further values which can't be seen/changed from within the menu (means they are built in) such as steering speed, limits for achieving maximal speed sensitivity and lots more. You really have to experiment and try which mode suits you the best. Each mode behaves differently even if you set the menu values the same!

Advanced:
Soft steering dampening - applies additional filter around center to make steering more responsible (someone say twitchy)
Visual wheel filtering - does just that ... should smooth/modyfy steering wheel animation. Does not affect car behaviour, but can change your experience a lot if you drive from inside of the car.
Opposite lock help - overrides speed sensitivity settings and makes full steering lock available at any speed when countersteering.

I have noticed that Soft steering dampening and Visual wheel filtering will always set itself on after restarting the game, even if Advanced is set to off.
With Advanced off, are they really turned off if it says on but greyed out and locked? - if it says On, it is On ... even if greyed out
Thanks in advance!

I hope this helps .. if so, feel free to spread this info

Btw. it is all only gamepad related if it was not clear

Mulder89
18-05-2015, 19:08
Well..thanks for both of you, but most of the questions still remain and I'm using a wheel, not a gamepad.

Controller filtering sensitivity "general percentage of modification" what kind of modification?
Controller input mode is still a mystery, how exactly are the three presets differ?
Soft steering dampening - how does that additional filter work? whats the mechanic behind it?
Damper saturation.

Its hard to experiment and say..okay THIS is the setting I need, I'll stick with it. For some settings its a no brainer, for these, its not.
Why does S.S.T. and V.W.F. are on after every restart? BTW even the wording of some of these are really bad.
Steering sensitivity for example..if its 0 it behaves like a "curve". Set it to 100 and it will be 100% LINEAR. Steering linearity would be a better name for it.
I'd really like if a developer could give a detailed answer. Thanks!

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 19:15
Well..thanks for both of you, but most of the questions still remain and I'm using a wheel, not a gamepad.

Those specific settings are for gamepads, so you shouldn't need to touch them for wheels.

As for the "sensitivity" settings, 50 (the default) is linear. Less than 50 makes the sensitivity less in the beginning and more at the end. Over 50 is the opposite (sensitive at the beginning and less at the end).