PDA

View Full Version : Back markers, faster car approaching?

wraithsrike
15-05-2015, 20:57
Do the AI not get flagged for blocking faster approaching cars?

Me and the leading AI were coming up on a back marker and instead of moving over he started blocking me Wtf? And when me and my leading AI finally got past and reached the second back marker the same thing happened again only this time he took the second place car out.

I'd been neck to neck with the leading AI for 38 laps only to watch a back marker block and remove him and nearly me.

This really ruined the race for me

Elmo
15-05-2015, 21:01
This more an issue of the AI being poor at lapping other cars. They should be a bit more aggressive when they are clearly faster. Will add this to the list.

Bailey
15-05-2015, 21:01
They never give way. Ever.
~Bailey

Elmo
15-05-2015, 21:05
In most racing series that are represented in the game, you are not obliged to actively give way when getting lapped. In multiclass races the rule is actually is to stick to your line and the faster car has to find away around you.

wraithsrike
15-05-2015, 21:08
In most racing series that are represented in the game, you are not obliged to actively give way when getting lapped. In multiclass races the rule is actually is to stick to your line and the faster car has to find away around you.

Maybe be so but not block or take the lead car's out.

Bailey
15-05-2015, 21:27

Very true, and I appreciate clearing that up. There are just some things that human drivers are able to do to "ease the pain", if you know what i mean :)
~Bailey
EDIT: On the other hand, in many racing series it is illegal to force others off the track ;)

wraithsrike
15-05-2015, 22:17

According from what I can find FIA GT3 rules are a slower car should allow a faster approaching car to pass, it goes on the say in all forms of motorsport it is expected for a slower moving car to make a clear way if possible to faster approaching cars

Oddbob
18-08-2015, 01:49
Back markers need to get out of the way, or slow down! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST! I have raced back to back races, fighting from around 10th to 1st, only for my big lead, to get taken from me, because the back marker physically drove me off the track. In no racing I have seen or heard of, are the back markers set to race the car lapping them, which is what happens in this game, every time you come up on a back marker. It is sadly almost easier to pass a car for position, than it is to put them a lap down.

This is especially the case in the open wheel series, where if real life drivers drove like the back markers do in this game, they would be banned from racing after not too many mishaps.

This is not a bashing of this game, just this particular element of the game, which does not, follow any racing I have ever witnessed. Extremely frustrating!!!:mad:

AB_Attack
19-08-2015, 14:11
Really? Didn't know that. Am now better informed.