PDA

View Full Version : AI breaking after about 6 laps

zinkler86
15-05-2015, 21:15
Hi guys, iv been through all the posts but can't find this issue. When im on career and playing any track and with any amount of AI cars, after about 6 laps the AI breaks, they all slow down to about 30-50mph and spark as they are going round as if they had the maximum amount of damage inflicted on them, after another 3 laps of me lapping them all they all jump off the track and stop as if beached, I'm going to see what I can do tonight like uninstall and reinstall and see if this works but is this a known fault? Am I the only one with this fault?? Cheers guys

Machinist90
15-05-2015, 21:17
could be the known tire wear issue,what's your tire wear setting? x7?

youngade
15-05-2015, 21:22
Hi guys, iv been through all the posts but can't find this issue. When im on career and playing any track and with any amount of AI cars, after about 6 laps the AI breaks, they all slow down to about 30-50mph and spark as they are going round as if they had the maximum amount of damage inflicted on them, after another 3 laps of me lapping them all they all jump off the track and stop as if beached, I'm going to see what I can do tonight like uninstall and reinstall and see if this works but is this a known fault? Am I the only one with this fault?? Cheers guys

Just as a first point, platform in your profile says PC but you are posting in the Xbox sub forum. Can you just clarify which platform it is that you have the problem on or is it both?

zinkler86
15-05-2015, 21:54
Sorry I registered without changing any settings!! Its on Xbox one, iv tried various tyre degs and different types of races like career, solo etc all same results, tried 60 laps on road america with full grid, that was fun!!

fishfash
15-05-2015, 22:11
I have experienced the same issue with the Xbox One.

Within Solo>Race Weekend, any track set to 10 laps, tyre wear set to x7. Approximately at 6 laps in, the AI would puncture out and crawl back to the pits for a tyre change. This is visible to see, as there are sparks around the tyre area as the car is dragged around.

My tyres would not be affected, I have tried various cars, Touring Cars Group A, Capri Zakspeed and a few others.

Please can the Dev's take a look?

Thanks.

zinkler86
15-05-2015, 22:32
I'm on now and just tried a different type deg x6 and still does the same, is there any preferences that people know will work and I'll try that

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 22:37
Sounds like the tire wear is effecting the AI far more than it is you and they aren't able to actively compensate for it by pitting out of their normal schedule.

zinkler86
15-05-2015, 23:00
Going to try real tyre wear I'll report back in 15mins

zinkler86
15-05-2015, 23:17
Engine blew after 5 laps haha, it might be that, if so its been pointed out so I'll leave it there, cheers guys

menaceuk
16-05-2015, 04:38
Going to try real tyre wear I'll report back in 15mins

Real Tyre wear seems fine to me. I have had it set to that since I got the game. I have had numerous races over 6 laps in both retro touring cars & Open wheel and the AI seem to keep their pace up the entire time.

fishfash
16-05-2015, 16:18
Here is a picture of the sparks, they are visible towards the left and back.

This is a solo>race weekend, 10 laps and tyre wear is x6. A few of the AI had pitted a lap before, the remainder either pitted on lap 9 or did not bother at all.

http://i.imgur.com/sL269zf.png

jam1uk
17-05-2015, 09:42
Ive had the same problem online in a private lobby with a friend both on the standard setup,xbox 1, disk, control pad. We were doing 12 and 15 lap races full damage tyre wear on x7 in GT3 or 4 cars with a full grid. My tyres were fine and all other cars would as previous people have reported drive round with what looks like punctures. Around Imola i over took a car as it drove really slow into the pits with sparks flying. I over took it again a few laps later with it suffering the same problem as 8f it hadnt had new tyres fitted.
Around nurburgring gp track. My friend was taken out by Ai and engine blew up so he just spectated every Ai car crashed out so just left me on the track. I tried to push an Ai car away from the tyres to help it on its way but it seemed locked into that postion, (probably the same as when you crash 5he physics are very wrong and you dont slide you crash and stop immedieatly on your roof. You cant stop that quick useing your brakes) So anyway i tried to help the car on its way and got DQ for hitting another car.......... i was the last car......... did the game stop?.... nope!....... had to exit.. start a new game etc etc

fishfash
22-06-2015, 17:04
Hi, any updates please if this issue is being looked into?

Thanks.

fishfash
20-07-2015, 19:34
Hi,

This issue is not yet resolved aftet patch 2.0.

Please take a look.

Thanks.

Machinist90
20-07-2015, 19:53
yeah accelerated tire wear is still broken it seems

g33k hack3rs
20-07-2015, 21:13
Real tire wear seems to be working but AI doesn't adjust appropriately for accelerated tire wear.

fishfash
28-08-2015, 18:03
This issue has been resolved with Patch 3.0.

I have tested the following setup with solo>race weekend>Nurburgring, 10 laps and tyre wear set to x5, x6 and x7. The AI no longer puncture out and pit around midway. I did notice if set to x6 or x7 some of the AI will pit twice, x5 tyre wear appears to be more appropriate with the above set up.

Thanks to all for resolving the issue and now it is time to cancel my Forza 6 pre-order :highly_amused: