PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Mapping/Assigning buttons is a nightmare!!!

gbm
15-05-2015, 21:47
Ok, so when going in and assigning, or re-mapping buttons....what do you when you get the message "Not all buttons are assigned"?

At that point, it doesn't let you back out of that menu screen, but even worse, there is no way to tell WHAT button you did incorrectly; or didn't assign.

Even when you search for all the buttons, and their corresponding actions, it's still nearly impossible to determine what's wrong. Then you're left stuck in this screen.

Anyone else experience this?

HarryHoodlum
15-05-2015, 21:52
go back to the first tab and reset them all. Then plan it out better

AaronS
15-05-2015, 21:53
Yep, and it's been pretty well documented on this forum. You are probably missing one of the following:

- Rear view
- Handbrake
- KERS

Most others are pretty obvious. It's a pretty terrible UI.

gbm
15-05-2015, 21:55
Yep, and it's been pretty well documented on this forum. You are probably missing one of the following:

- Rear view
- Handbrake
- KERS

Most others are pretty obvious. It's a pretty terrible UI.

Ok, so now we're getting somewhere..

So if I make sure that those 3 are there, I can build the rest of my controller setup around those?

gbm
15-05-2015, 21:57
go back to the first tab and reset them all. Then plan it out better

Like a restore defaults? How do I do this? ...and will it wipe out any other driver settings? Like all the tweaks I made to sensitivity and deadzone, etc?

Skeme_DBT
15-05-2015, 23:16
Here are the functions you NEED to have assigned -
1) Gear Down
2) Gear Up
3) KERS
4) Look Behind
5) Change View
6) Handbrake

JessicaWalter
15-05-2015, 23:31
it took me a second to get used to it but it gets easier after you play around for a few races and start to see what u need, want, and where it would feel best to you.

i moved clutch to L1 and shift up/down to up/down on the right stick. open up some spots for yourself by putting things you dont need to push often to buttons you dont use often or buttons that wont get pushed accidentally (depending what youre putting there). dont forget a start engine button.

i have kers on circle, drs on triangle, start engine on square and look behind on x (cross).

i threw change view on touchpad push. i wish we didnt need change view to have a button. i want helmet cam at all times

Patrik Marek
16-05-2015, 00:45
btw there is no such limitation on PC, I would prefer if it wasn't on PS4 as well,

why do I need handbrake in race cars? (if I almost never drive road cars) ?
I hoping that button assignments for concoles could improve, because there is just too many functions and not enough buttons

dvc
16-05-2015, 01:08
Here are the functions you NEED to have assigned -
1) Gear Down
2) Gear Up
3) KERS
4) Look Behind
5) Change View
6) Handbrake

Nothing's mandatory. There's a way around it.
Set whatever keys/functions you like -> press OPTIONS on the controller -> Go to Oprions & Help -> Press CIRCLE
and you are done. This way game doesnt check for mandatory keys and saves your binds :)

JessicaWalter
16-05-2015, 01:21
^^ That's good to know. Thanks! im gonna remove "look behind" and "change view." cheers and happy racing!

garage monster
16-05-2015, 01:38
I had the same problem. After a bit of swearing, I figured it all out but it would be nice to put something like an asterisk next to the "necessary" assignments.

gbm
16-05-2015, 13:55
Nothing's mandatory. There's a way around it.
Set whatever keys/functions you like -> press OPTIONS on the controller -> Go to Oprions & Help -> Press CIRCLE
and you are done. This way game doesnt check for mandatory keys and saves your binds :)

Aaaaaah, I actually did that by accident. I was wondering if I found a walk around or something. You can also select My Garage and it'll circumvent it too. Cool. Thanks for confirming this.

hawlbucker
27-05-2015, 20:44
I dont know why i cant utilize my keyboard to map buttons on my ps4 to Pcars. i tried and every key i tried to map for in my case was trying to get the seat adjustment to work to no avail.. the game sees my keyboard. i can use the left, right ,up ,down and enter to navigate through the settings, button mapping page etc. with keyboard, so pcars see it but says all keys are mapped,. if anyone figures out how to utilize the keyboard long side my controller please let me know ok. i tried but was unsuccessful maybe i wasnt doing something right. maybe one of you would have better luck. cause i thought hey i dont need to re map buttons on my controller i will just use some keys on my wireless keyboard.. it says:"multiple inputs were detected. no action was assigned."

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 20:53
SMS should make it tell you what buttons you have left that need to be assigned. I assume something like that will be in the first update.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 20:55
Do other games "see" your keyboard properly? Can you use the keyboard for Drive Club?

diesel97
28-05-2015, 00:40
I want to use my TH8A for old school cars so i have to map 1-7+R but will my R1 and R2 still work for modern cars ? I have to map a start button also and disable auto clutch right ?

VR-42
28-05-2015, 17:59
Please let us use a keyboard for some of the buttons.

Mr giblet
28-05-2015, 18:34
Also think it would be good if you could have more than one setup, so if you playing with a friend you could swap between different controller setups as not everyone uses the trigger as the accelerator.

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 18:47
Also think it would be good if you could have more than one setup, so if you playing with a friend you could swap between different controller setups as not everyone uses the trigger as the accelerator.

This would be nice - allowing a keyboard would be better but .. if we could have 2 different mappings.. I could have one where Kers and DRS are mapped to the L2 & R2 on my wheel for Formula A / LMP but then for Touring cars I could have them mapped to something else as they are not needed for most cars.

Allowing multiple devices would be best if possible though.