PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry white FFB line

Mattias
15-05-2015, 21:58
I was racing today, and after some people passed me I started to get weird FFB when doing turns, the larger the turn the more vibration.

When I turned on the telemetry view I saw a white line pop up near the bottom in the FFB indicator while turning.
This line was oscillating and when steering wheel was straight again the white line was gone.

What is this extra white line I've never seen before?

At first I thought my FFB was broken, but after trying a new game with the car in fresh condition, it was gone. So I can only assume the car got damaged somehow. Even though the cars around me only went around me, maybe they got close enough to something.

dvc
16-05-2015, 00:43
Posted similar topic in PS4 forums. Nobody had any answers :/

DUST2DEATH
16-05-2015, 02:27
its a bug.

Jack Spade
16-05-2015, 04:50
I was racing today, and after some people passed me I started to get weird FFB when doing turns, the larger the turn the more vibration.

When I turned on the telemetry view I saw a white line pop up near the bottom in the FFB indicator while turning.
This line was oscillating and when steering wheel was straight again the white line was gone.

At first I thought my FFB was broken, but after trying a new game with the car in fresh condition, it was gone. So I can only assume the car got damaged somehow. Even though the cars around me only went around me, maybe they got close enough to something.

The white line displays the canned FFB effects, deactivated by default, thatīs a bug.

brooksy
18-05-2015, 09:36
if its a bug then why is it still not on the bug list?

better yet put it back in the game with the option to turn it on/off and up and down so everyone is happy

mister dog
22-05-2015, 12:02
Just had this myself, lowered the Fy scale as the steering on the Ford MK. IV felt too heavy and when i put it at 60, the white line appeared below the normal yellow FFB line. The vibration also got terrible and i could see it on the white line, but before the line appeared i also had the same vibration already albeit less severe.

Hopefully it disappears for the next testing session like the OP mentioned :)

Elmo
22-05-2015, 19:20
Sorry I didn't understand the issue yet, can anybody try to explain it again?

Posted similar topic in PS4 forums. Nobody had any answers :/

Can you link the thread?

mister dog
22-05-2015, 19:25
Sorry I didn't understand the issue yet, can anybody try to explain it again?

When you select the HUD that shows the telemetry during a session, normally it is supposed to display only one yellow line in the upper left corner to measure the FFB spikes, but sometimes a second white line appears below that one related to weird 'canned?' vibrations.

mister dog
22-05-2015, 23:56
Bump; here's a pic albeit of questionable quality. Happened to me once more right after i lowered the Mz scale this time and accompanied with the canned vibrations again:

http://i62.tinypic.com/nx8175.jpg

After i selected 'return to pits' and went back out again it was gone.

Mattias
23-05-2015, 20:18
Yeah, the vibrations felt weird, at least on my wheel. And it has happened a few more times, and now I'm sure it is not because the car is damaged, it just randomly decides to add these extra canned vibration effects. Although I believe I've only had this happen on the BMW Z4 GT3 so far. Or at least as far as I can remember right now.

It's terrible when it decides to appear right at the start of a mp race. You can't just reenter to make it go away then.

LR_Se7eN
29-05-2015, 13:04
I am on PS4 with a Clubsport Wheel Base V1 wheelbase with the F1 rim and CSR Elite pedals. I pretty much understand all the other telem HUD indicators except the one for FFB. I have a Yellow and a white line in the rectangular box in the upper left. The white line is continually moving and showing me FFB, but the Yellow line never moves. Can you please tell me what each line is and how to interpret what the graph(s) is/are doing/showing?

I understand from talking with Mister Dog on another forum that this is some kind of bug. I have never had the yellow line to move at all, only the white line moves in tune to the vibrations/FFB from the wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chris M.

_MB_
29-05-2015, 13:54
I have had this a few times and it seems random,for instance if i go out on track in free practice it's not there come back to pits and hit the track again without any changes it appears.

junnicutt
03-06-2015, 03:41
If you want to see it you can go to the FFB file for the specific car in jack spades files and at the bottom it has
<value DisableThrottleVibe="true" />

type false where it says true and it adds a throttle rumble (aka white line) back at low speeeds. Not sure what its good for but neat to see.
Theres some other neat stuff stuff, like feeling shifts you can change. Seems like this would be an awesome thing for someone to explain

mister dog
03-06-2015, 06:20
If you want to see it you can go to the FFB file for the specific car in jack spades files and at the bottom it has
<value DisableThrottleVibe="true" />

type false where it says true and it adds a throttle rumble (aka white line) back at low speeeds. Not sure what its good for but neat to see.
Theres some other neat stuff stuff, like feeling shifts you can change. Seems like this would be an awesome thing for someone to explain

For me it isn't related to throttle rumble, only strong canned vibrations when turning into corners (so off throttle). Yesterday it started after i upped the SoP damper and it didn't want to go away anymore, had to restart the session before it was gone.

LR_Se7eN
03-06-2015, 19:24
This is the ONLY FFB I am getting. The Yellow line is ALWAYS static. If this is a bug, how do I get it to correct itself. Is this on the known Bugs list? I have NEVER had the Yellow line to move at all. No matter how I change my settings. I can't get anyone, including emailing SMS support, to answer my requests for support. How do I fix this? This is maddening.....

LR_Se7eN
17-06-2015, 18:24
I am on PS4 with a Clubsport Wheel Base V1 wheelbase with the F1 rim and CSR Elite pedals. I pretty much understand all the other telem HUD indicators except the one for FFB. I have a Yellow and a white line in the rectangular box in the upper left. The white line is continually moving and showing me FFB, but the Yellow line never moves. Can you please tell me what each line is and how to interpret what the graph(s) is/are doing/showing?

I understand from talking with Mister Dog on another forum that this is some kind of bug. I have never had the yellow line to move at all, only the white line moves in tune to the vibrations/FFB from the wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chris M.

Still no word on this, no fix, no active discussion. It seems a dead topic and that means I'll get no fix for it. Is it possible to get a refund or to at least figure a way to get a new copy of the game to try and fix it?? So frustrating.......

Elmo
19-06-2015, 21:41
Still no word on this, no fix, no active discussion. It seems a dead topic and that means I'll get no fix for it. Is it possible to get a refund or to at least figure a way to get a new copy of the game to try and fix it?? So frustrating.......

You got a reply in the Known Issue thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-19-06&p=1003348#post1003348). It will be looked at. Please stop spamming different threads with the same posts.

LR_Se7eN
22-06-2015, 19:42
You got a reply in the Known Issue thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-19-06&p=1003348#post1003348). It will be looked at. Please stop spamming different threads with the same posts.

I am not spamming. Please don;t start that. This issue is widely reported and not being paid attention to. I am only bringing visibility to it so that SMS will start work on it. Please understand that this is messing with my enjoyment of my purchase. I have a broken game. The game is widely based on FFB effects and I have effects which are incorrect and "canned". Not as the development team intended. I only posted this it two threads which both have the same issue, again, to bring attention to the matter.

Please don't call my requests "spam".

Real_Reece
01-07-2015, 23:00
Got this for the first time today in a clio at donington national. G27

Thanks

chris99
12-12-2015, 19:53

Sorry if this has been solved elsewhere but I've looked at some of the links to similar PS4 discussions and haven't found a clear answer. I'm using a PC.
I've been getting this vibration issue intermittently for a while and it sometimes goes away if I restart the race.

I just thought it was my G27 wheel wearing out, but have now discovered the telemetry screen and saw the oscillating white line on bends. Googling it and came up with this thread, so here I am. So, could someone kindly confirm if it is still a known issue and if there is a workaround.

Btw, I used to use Jack Spade's tweaker files but have deleted them.

havocc
12-12-2015, 22:30
Maybe this is what i got on my T500 while hotlapping le mans on lmp1, at some point i started having some odd vibrations like broken cogwheels (what you get when you shift without clutch irl) and at first i thought wheel was broken, but then i quit game and unplugged/plugged wheel and it was gone

Jego
22-12-2015, 08:25
I have this again a lot compared to before.
Every 4th game I would say on an average. I did not make any changes to my setup, so it must have come from the path 6 or 7.

Especially annoying when I have a 30 min quali and when the race starts your FFB is all messed up and you have to quit the race.

F1_Racer68
23-01-2016, 04:29
I had this happen a few more times this week. Any word on if/when we will see a fix for it?

Appearance of the issue seems to be totally random. It happened again tonight. Launched game, joined server, went onto track for first lap in practice session and had it immediately. Jumped off track and returned to pits. Made no changes. Hit Drive and headed back on track, problem was gone.

It's not a "game breaker", but it is annoying.

Sankyo
23-01-2016, 19:21
I had this happen a few more times this week. Any word on if/when we will see a fix for it?

Appearance of the issue seems to be totally random. It happened again tonight. Launched game, joined server, went onto track for first lap in practice session and had it immediately. Jumped off track and returned to pits. Made no changes. Hit Drive and headed back on track, problem was gone.

It's not a "game breaker", but it is annoying.

Has it happened to you after the update to patch 8.0?

F1_Racer68
23-01-2016, 20:23
Has it happened to you after the update to patch 8.0?

Yes. It happened yesterday again. I tend to primarily play online. I was in our league's dedicated server which has also been update to latest patch level.

Pedroeol
24-01-2016, 09:50
It happened to me as well yesterday, actually happens from time to time.. The problem with this is when you start a longer race and you can't do nothing about it to fix, there's no way someone should do a 20+ laps races with this problem, the wheel would get any sort of damage I imagine, in FP & Q it's not really a issue as you just need to get back to pits and rejoin the track.

RomKnight
24-01-2016, 15:19
This wheel / ffb issues happens for years and not exclusive to pCARS. See rF1/2. There's an assignable function for "FFB Reset"... Must be for something ;)

If SMS could make this happen I bet lots of posts could be saved :)

tomtparis
12-02-2016, 11:26
i still have those white-line-FFB Problem.
any chance to get rid of that white line FFB-Issue after 9 !! Patches ?
or should we wait for PC2 to get this fixed for good...??

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-02-2016, 13:03
Problem could be that since it comes and goes seemingly at random it can be immensely difficult to figure out what exactly is causing it and how to fix it. They can't skip the whole system because some wheels want that sort of signal.

fl0wf1r3
22-04-2016, 08:34
I had the same issue yesterday night on a ps4, patch 10. I was wondering why the ffb was so different and not so strong any longer. Then I switched to the telemetry view and I saw two lines. The yellow line at the top and a white line at the bottom. Only the white line was oscillating. :confused: I have never seen it before. I just downloaded the new Mercedes AMG GT3. Do not know if this has to do with it or not. In the end I reset the ffb on the controller page. Now its fine again.

just stupid that we can not only reset the ffb. All by button assignments were gone again! small annoying things with pCars

chris99
22-04-2016, 08:58
I haven't had the oscillations and white line for a month or two now so I assumed one of the recent patches had removed the issue.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
22-04-2016, 09:00
Doubt it, the white line comes and goes seemingly totally randomly, as far as I can see no-one has been able to consistently replicate it. It's a Heisenbug of the worst kind.

Jezziem
25-04-2016, 16:07
Got the same issue today.

chris99
12-05-2016, 20:45
Oh horlicks. Spoke too soon. The white line and associated cornering vibrations have come back after a couple of months respite - no rhyme or reason - what a shame :( Restarting the race usually gets rid of it but it's a pain.

wolowizzard
12-05-2016, 22:44
I got the bug back again, too. Quite annoying in online races.

dbo35
13-05-2016, 15:00
I get this issue from time to time as well.

Try this:

When you notice it, alt - tab and right click the logitech profiler icon in the windows system tray, close it, and alt-tab back into the game.
For me, this not only corrects the white line problem, but the FFB feels so much better without the profiler messing with it at the same time as the game.