PDA

View Full Version : game feels completely different from last night??? am i crazy

codyPKA
15-05-2015, 23:15
Played for hours last night after changing the ps4 controller settings via the advice of many on this forum. cars drove BEAUTIFULLY. I had to force myself to go to bed. Fast forward to an hour ago, I put the game back in and the cars are completely undrive-able. Even turning the stick all the way in either direction while at a competitive speed the car just drives right off the road. I have to slow down to almost a crawl in order to make it through the turns. Last night I was winning 8 lap races against the cpu by 10-20 seconds, now all of a sudden i'm 10 seconds slower PER LAP. I didn't change any settings, everything is exactly the same as last night. I feel like i'm in the twilight zone. What can I possibly by doing wrong?

ivan-hoe78
17-05-2015, 23:19
Hi codyPKA.

I think I am suffering something similar. My post on other thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25535-ROAD-CARS-NOT-TURNING&p=920758#post920758

This is the post:

Originally Posted by alanc156

hey i seem to be having this problem with my t300rs it just seems like i need to turn the wheel a lot to just get around the turn and it is just the road cars that i am having this problem with any help

My post:

Hi guys. I don't know if I am having the same problem like alanc156, but I really feel there is something strange or wrong with the game. Saturday was the first day I'm not enjoying the game, and turns me angry a lot. I was racing in career mode, on California highway with a road car, BMW 1 Series M Coupe. The car feels like if it's sliding on ice, with a lot of understeer on turns, even on straights with a little movements I make with the steering wheel, the car seems like it's over ice. And the wheels of the car are turning "red" on 2 KM or so. And it seems the car can not accelerate correctly, like if its wheels don't touching the ground and it appears that the car was floating. The race it's an invitation, and it's divided on three races, one per sector on California highway track, and on the third it was raining and the car behaves a lot better than on dry. Even on wet the car not feels like it's sliding on ice.

The day before, I was driving the same car on the same track with no problems. No sliding and understeer, and the wheels don't heat up in 2 km. And I drove that car previously on other tracks, and don't have this behavior. Now I'm driving on a race invitation on Zolder with the Audi R8 (road), and it's the same weird handling with no grip, and the wheels overheating on the next lap after get the "good" temp. Something strange is happening.

I think this is a bug. And I have the known spring bug on my wheel (T300), stopping the car, turn the wheel, go forward and the wheel returns fast to its center. The game it's turning unplayable for me with a lot of bugs. Please God, we need a patch.

Hope my english was understandable. Regards.

Skeme_DBT
18-05-2015, 02:36
Did you save your settings to "All tracks"?

TenthDan
18-05-2015, 04:05
Played for hours last night after changing the ps4 controller settings via the advice of many on this forum. cars drove BEAUTIFULLY. I had to force myself to go to bed. Fast forward to an hour ago, I put the game back in and the cars are completely undrive-able. Even turning the stick all the way in either direction while at a competitive speed the car just drives right off the road. I have to slow down to almost a crawl in order to make it through the turns. Last night I was winning 8 lap races against the cpu by 10-20 seconds, now all of a sudden i'm 10 seconds slower PER LAP. I didn't change any settings, everything is exactly the same as last night. I feel like i'm in the twilight zone. What can I possibly by doing wrong?

Have you restarted the game/system again? I.e. is it permanent or just once off odd behaviour?

ivan-hoe78
18-05-2015, 16:52
Did you save your settings to "All tracks"?

Yes, I did.

HarryHoodlum
18-05-2015, 17:05
This is scary! Multiple threads about people's games self-destructing basically. The "driving on ice" thing has been posted more than once by different people. I hope this doesn't suddenly happen to me :O

trancend
18-05-2015, 17:12
Opposite Lock Help resets to ON after ever game boot.

Make sure to reset it to OFF, or u will be off the road (its a really bad driving aid, someone on SMS has gotta stop hitting the crk pipe).

GTOdaddy73
18-05-2015, 19:31
How could it reset itself when I have the advanced settings set to off altogether? Double checked after reading this thread, still all off?

trancend
18-05-2015, 19:37
How could it reset itself when I have the advanced settings set to off altogether? Double checked after reading this thread, still all off?

I highly reccomend turning ON Advanced settings and turning OFF Opposite Lock Help, unless you like your car spinning off the track when you so much as breath on the left stick when the chassie is upset or the back end breaks loose.

zennmeister
18-05-2015, 21:45
How ironic...so the the opposite lock help only helps in losing control?

Skeme_DBT
19-05-2015, 03:44
How ironic...so the the opposite lock help only helps in losing control?

LOL
Glad I turned that off immediately.

Slicker_VR
19-05-2015, 15:08
LOL
Glad I turned that off immediately.

me, too - but i have noticed various settings re-setting themselves from time to time - pre-saved car settings (and yes i did save to all) lobby restrictions, and many other things including some of the force feedback settings i'd worked on for hours :rolleyes:

trancend
19-05-2015, 16:55
me, too - but i have noticed various settings re-setting themselves from time to time - pre-saved car settings (and yes i did save to all) lobby restrictions, and many other things including some of the force feedback settings i'd worked on for hours :rolleyes:

Check your Opposite Lock Help every boot, mine goes back to On. I reported this on bug thread too.

Reptil3
19-05-2015, 17:20
Happens to me (using a PS4 gamepad) and my buddy with a Thrustmaster wheel. We're both on PS4. We figured out it's best to restart the game and it's better again. I'll try the Opposite Lock trick too.

mantukas334
19-05-2015, 17:30
i do feel sometimes "sudden oversteer". have no idea how that happens. then i quit game, start again, and it works fine. my settings allways reseted. i think it has something to do when i log in my controller for mic. i know excactly one time this sudden oversteer started when i launched game with controller, and used wheel later but it was just too sensitive. now im afraid to use controller lol

Slicker_VR
19-05-2015, 17:36
i do feel sometimes "sudden oversteer". have no idea how that happens. then i quit game, start again, and it works fine. my settings allways reseted. i think it has something to do when i log in my controller for mic. i know excactly one time this sudden oversteer started when i launched game with controller, and used wheel later but it was just too sensitive. now im afraid to use controller lol

you must press the 'start' button on the 1st game screen with the controller you intend to use within the game, if you wish to change from pad to wheel or wheel to pad you just need to quit the game, CLOSE THE APP, and then restart game