PDA

View Full Version : Tyre wear and fuel.

Smegsterman
15-05-2015, 23:53
Just done the McLaren F1 endurance race and ran out of fuel on pretty much last lap......some kind of info on how much you need would be helpful and a tyre wear indicator.

Great race upto that point and loved the changing day/night cycle......just annoyed as should have finished race. :mad:

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 06:48
They're aware of all this.

Saving car setups per track, no tyre wear indicator, the pit strategy menu being a debacle.... And a million other issues.

What are they doing? Making more tracks.

Priorities?

RyanHieronymus
16-05-2015, 17:27
Why didn't you pit for a splash of fuel when you realized it would be so close? Better to lose a few spots in the pits than come up with nothing after 3 hours.

Smegsterman
16-05-2015, 18:51
I was having close race and looked like it would be all good, ran out on tight right hander so only had to reach the line.

If there was a way to know rough usage would have been lot easier but my bad I guess.

Boyd12
16-05-2015, 18:55
On the console if you press the left directional button a couple of times you can get a screen layout where you can see how much fuel you have left.

Smegsterman
16-05-2015, 19:00
On the console if you press the left directional button a couple of times you can get a screen layout where you can see how much fuel you have left.

Will have to try that overlay option to see if there but as it takes up most of screen not massively helpful during tight race.

DayGlow
16-05-2015, 19:24
They're aware of all this.

Saving car setups per track, no tyre wear indicator, the pit strategy menu being a debacle.... And a million other issues.

What are they doing? Making more tracks.

Priorities?

You do understand that they have more than one guy working on the game right?

JDFSSS
16-05-2015, 23:44
If you run out of fuel it's your own fault, not the game's. Do a practice lap and pay attention to how much fuel you use per lap then plan your pit strategy accordingly. Also, I don't see the need for a tire wear indicator. There is no tire wear indicator in real life. You can tell if you need tires or not from how the car feels and your lap times.

dyr_gl
17-05-2015, 01:39
If you run out of fuel it's your own fault, not the game's. Do a practice lap and pay attention to how much fuel you use per lap then plan your pit strategy accordingly. Also, I don't see the need for a tire wear indicator. There is no tire wear indicator in real life. You can tell if you need tires or not from how the car feels and your lap times.

Yep. But a recommeded tyre strategy based on race lenght and tyre lifespan is highly needed. I don't want to do 3 race distances of practice to know how many stops should I make.

hkraft300
17-05-2015, 02:35
Yep. But a recommeded tyre strategy based on race lenght and tyre lifespan is highly needed. I don't want to do 3 race distances of practice to know how many stops should I make.

You know how much fuel you started with and how many laps you've done. not hard to work out if you'll make the distance.

Take your tires into consideration and adjust your fuel load accordingly.

If you'd like further explanation, many members here will unleash their inner race engineer :)

JDFSSS
17-05-2015, 05:32
Well, tire wear is bugged right now, so you basically never need to change tires. Once they get it fixed it shouldn't take too long to work out how long your tires can last in practice.

jpmmuc
17-05-2015, 07:54
Also, I don't see the need for a tire wear indicator. There is no tire wear indicator in real life. You can tell if you need tires or not from how the car feels and your lap times.

That's your view, but I would really appreciate a tire wear indicator!
You are free to not use it once it's implemented :cool:

Daveesaunders
17-05-2015, 08:06
That's your view, but I would really appreciate a tire wear indicator!
You are free to not use it once it's implemented :cool:

Fully agree project cars is the first racing game where I've turned off the assisted line, having a wear indicator would help me understand what to look for and once I'm used to it I can turn the indicator off ��

Smegsterman
17-05-2015, 10:46

I agree it was my own stupidity that made me run out of fuel but was a close run thing, to be that close was a little annoying.
Wear indicator although not in real life would be helpful as in real life they have guys in pits chatting to them about stops etc so its only virtual version of that in way.
Or even get Ben to record more stuff regarding tyres......either way do think some indication would be helpful. :)

hkraft300
21-05-2015, 16:17
Or even get Ben to record more stuff regarding tyres......either way do think some indication would be helpful. :)

Actually I was doing a Formula A 10+ lap race at Barcelona online and by lap 4/5 had a few skids (got bumped off track a few times too) and old Ben was actually doing his job for once - gets on the blower tells to me to box ready with a fresh set (race engineer on the radio orders a pitstop to change tires)!!

Mahjik
21-05-2015, 16:46
If there was a way to know rough usage would have been lot easier but my bad I guess.

While you are doing qualifying/test laps, pull the HUD up which shows your fuel. As you cross the start/finish line, note the number for fuel (say 27.5). When you come around for your completing your lap, look again and see what you have (say 25.2). Round it and get your estimate fuel usage per lap (27.5-25 = 2.5). That will give you a rough estimate per lap and let you know how many laps you can make on a full tank for the car you are driving.