PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the GT3 Cars

SIlMPLIClITY
16-05-2015, 00:04
Hey guys. I want to find out your opinions on the GT3 cars.

One question for example would be which car do you think is the best with overall performance in the GT3 class?

If you guys reply to this thread with your own question and answer it yourself I can try to create a poll as to how many people prefer a certain car over the other in different sections.

I don't know if this has been done before but if it hasn't it would be pretty interesting to find out each cars advantages and disadvantages.

Psychomatrix
16-05-2015, 00:40
I prefer the BMW Z4 because the car are very agil in corners and have a lot of crip. Aston Martin Vantage GT3 is fun driving car seem to be on fast corners and straights very good. But after one week driving it's to early to find my favorite. It needs more testdriving. Ruf GT3 are great only the rear wing are in my eyes ugly. I prefer the rear wing of the 911 GT3-R. But it'a dream to have 991 in the game. Looks so much better than the ugly RUF in IRacing. The Ginetta is such a agil car and driving is a dream. All cars in GT3 Class are phantastic and i love them all :)

Patrik Marek
16-05-2015, 00:43
my favorite GT3 isn't released yet, (actually 2 of those)
but from theones in game I really like the Aston, but mostly just becasue it's Aston.

Driving-wise I thought the Z4 was among the best ones

SIlMPLIClITY
16-05-2015, 01:20
I prefer the BMW Z4 because the car are very agil in corners and have a lot of crip. Aston Martin Vantage GT3 is fun driving car seem to be on fast corners and straights very good. But after one week driving it's to early to find my favorite. It needs more testdriving. Ruf GT3 are great only the rear wing are in my eyes ugly. I prefer the rear wing of the 911 GT3-R. But it'a dream to have 991 in the game. Looks so much better than the ugly RUF in IRacing. The Ginetta is such a agil car and driving is a dream. All cars in GT3 Class are phantastic and i love them all :)

The RUF has an interesting wing but I mostly drive in first person. I also like the z4 except I wish the driver sat higher in it.

GamingCanuck
16-05-2015, 01:29
I think the Audi and McLaren are the best handling, they all feel pretty much on rails but those two just seem to be the best handling to me.

joking_aura
16-05-2015, 01:33
The RUF has an interesting wheel but I mostly drive in first person. I also like the z4 except I wish the driver sat higher in it.

You know you can move your seat up, down, forward, and back right?

Hodgy
16-05-2015, 01:59
To early to tell, but I'm liking the Audi..

SIlMPLIClITY
16-05-2015, 02:07

How do I move my seat up down forward and back?

Psychomatrix
16-05-2015, 02:07

It will be fine if you can save the position for every car. Because in race i need the buttons for other things. Keyboard Support will help to use all adjustment - options that the game offers.

tinchotin
16-05-2015, 02:25
WASD. I don't know if it is per car or general.

yusupov
16-05-2015, 02:35
my favorite GT3 isn't released yet, (actually 2 of those)
but from theones in game I really like the Aston, but mostly just becasue it's Aston.

Driving-wise I thought the Z4 was among the best ones

GTR confirmed?? :D

Cheesenium
16-05-2015, 03:27
I think Ruf is the best car for me. It is fast while a bit tricky to handle at corners that made it fun to drive.

Mr.Smoke
16-05-2015, 04:52
Audi & Z4 are my favourite so far, but im happy to drive any of the GT3 class.

menaceuk
16-05-2015, 04:53
I have only used the Aston Martin V12 & RUF. I enjoyed the Aston far more.

Khyber GT
16-05-2015, 05:53
hate hate hate stupid mercedes... love mp4 12c gt3, that car makes me wet with a fanatec cswv2 and f1 rim like the car actually has. started using the ruf tonight! man it's good too! was using fanatec porsche rim for it.

nhitrac
16-05-2015, 06:21
I love driving the RUF. I'd love the Audi too but the OCD in me can't stand sitting slightly off centre to the main dash. Just looks wrong so I haven't touched it other than to give it a whirl :culpability:

jim jonez
16-05-2015, 06:42
From other post of favorite cars on Pcars, one of the most popular is the McLaren 12c GT3 , I see this online too followed by the bmw z4 GT3

Suburban Coot
16-05-2015, 07:10
I have recently discovered the Ginetta's to be quite a bit of fun. Only down side is how loud they are and they make you think your 50mm speakers are blown. Haha. :p

zorranco-
16-05-2015, 08:41
Have tried only McLaren an Audi, prefer Audi by the time being

Joni Varis
16-05-2015, 08:59
Mclaren, Ruf, aston & audi are at top tier speed wise, bmw z4 is close. Mercedes is at nomansland, only fast on tracks that has long straights. Then comes Ginetta & M3 GT which are noticeably slower compared to rest. Saying that the last 2 are the ones i like to drive most :) handling on those feels much more nimble.

Toxic
16-05-2015, 09:02
How do I move my seat up down forward and back?

You can adjust these key bindings under control within setup.

Gavin Thomas
16-05-2015, 09:18
Personally I find the McLaren 12C GT3 the best GT3 car, but I also enjoy the RUF.

Invincible
16-05-2015, 09:42
I think Aston and Bmw Z4 are the best GT3 cars available yet. Even though the Aston gets really slippery with worn tyres.

fitz the viking
16-05-2015, 09:43
bmw z4. unfortunately the driver is sitting on the floor or the driver is 5 years old. loads of people have been beating me with the r8 though.

Psychomatrix
16-05-2015, 10:54
I think the mclaren is so popular, because the car had an easy and forgiving handling. It will be interesting to see leaderboards only of the gt3 class.

GrepuS
16-05-2015, 12:06
For me McLaren is without no doubt the smoothest, the speed is ok not the best but it's average and the handling is perfect

Qxs
17-05-2015, 07:45
Ginetta GT3 can be exciting :)

The Merc needs the default downforce reduced to decrease the lap times, I came to this conclusion based on the low lap times for Brands Hatch GP on the leaderboard...

CustomInternals
17-05-2015, 08:14
My favorite would be the BMW M3 but I'm faster in the McLaren 12C so far. Like people have said, I too think the 12C is easier to drive fast with stock settings. Once people dive deeper into the tuning I think things might change. Not saying the M3 is faster but I think some of the cars that are slower right now won't be as slow once everyone gets them dialed in. Even with stock settings I've had some great MP races with multiple cars in the GT3 class. Then again skill is more important in an actual race. During the longer races, consistency is key.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 08:30
I really like the M3 because it feels awesome for me. Prefer the RUF though, since I can handle it quite well and reach some good lap times. Didn't intensively try all the others yet so it might change soon :)

In general I think the GT3 cars do not really behave as they would do in real life. I think they have too much grip. Have watched some races on track and definitely saw more wheel spinning. Especially when accelerating from the grid (with aids disabled).

Tommaso Rossato
17-05-2015, 08:54
I have recently discovered the Ginetta's to be quite a bit of fun. Only down side is how loud they are and they make you think your 50mm speakers are blown. Haha. :p

IMHO the best cockpit experience of the gt3 cars!!! :p
And it handles really well.

Mclaren, Ruf, aston & audi are at top tier speed wise, bmw z4 is close. Mercedes is at nomansland, only fast on tracks that has long straights. Then comes Ginetta & M3 GT which are noticeably slower compared to rest. Saying that the last 2 are the ones i like to drive most :) handling on those feels much more nimble.

Are you referring to default setups?

I've had lots of laps in the Nordschleife,
and found out that ginetta
can reach my ruf's max speed (280/285 km/h, both with custom setup).

Ston3Cold
17-05-2015, 09:50
The MP4-12C is my favourite :)

The majority of my game time has mainly been spent driving it exclusively :D

Artful_Alonso14
06-07-2015, 20:02
The GT cars are my favourite so far (might be because I've only driven karts and the old Mercede/BMW so far!). My favourite car is the Audi R8, it's very smooth and rarely do I spin out. I still feel that I'm on the edge with it, though. The McLaren seems really nice as well so far, but I find that Porsche and the Aston Martin really hard to control. It might be because I race on a wheel, but they're spinning out randomly and it's really annoying. I think I need to adjust the brake bias or something.

I can see myself racing the GT3 cars mainly, like I spent 95% of the time on 500pp cars on GT6 :)

xautos
06-07-2015, 20:06
Mclaren 12c all the way. its stable on the rear, has a bucket of understeer but i drive around that with patience until i feel its worn off through the corner enough to get back on the accelerator. the car still has a kick when your unprepared, even as stable as it is, still easy to light the tyres up. the engine sounds are much better then the bmw loud growl.

Machinist90
06-07-2015, 20:08
the M3 even though it's not really a GT3..it's in that category so it counts for me

Brent G
06-07-2015, 20:10
I love the BMW's, Audi, Ginetta, Ruf, Mercedes, Aston Martin and Bentley but the Mclaren does nothing for me, at all. Sorry Bruce

Schnizz58
06-07-2015, 20:11
The GT cars are my favourite so far (might be because I've only driven karts and the old Mercede/BMW so far!). My favourite car is the Audi R8, it's very smooth and rarely do I spin out. I still feel that I'm on the edge with it, though. The McLaren seems really nice as well so far, but I find that Porsche and the Aston Martin really hard to control. It might be because I race on a wheel, but they're spinning out randomly and it's really annoying. I think I need to adjust the brake bias or something.

I can see myself racing the GT3 cars mainly, like I spent 95% of the time on 500pp cars on GT6 :)
As a class, I can agree with that. They're pretty easy to handle for as fast as they are. I haven't driven anywhere near all of them but the ones I've tried have been lots of fun. The Z4 is probably my favorite up to this point.

Stag
06-07-2015, 20:38
Ginetta for me
Great sounds and really nimble

MrFlibble81
06-07-2015, 20:41
It depends what track I'm racing on. If it's a twisty track then I will use the McLaren as I feel like it's quicker through the corners but if I'm racing at a quick track with lots of straights such as Monza, Spa or Imola etc then I will use the Aston Martin.

Also the Aston is just my fave car! lol.

xautos
06-07-2015, 20:41
Ginetta for me
Great sounds and really nimble

ginetta is pretty weak on the straights as a gt3 classified car. i raced it once and found i was way off the pace with it and others were easily passing me in their gt cars. its a nimble machine for sure but very loud engine. wonder how to make the car better and more competitive with other gt cars, i will need to raid the setup site for some ideas in the gearing. but for sure the ginetta isnt lacking on tracks where there are lots of corners so thats one thing in its favor.

3800racingfool
06-07-2015, 22:16
My favorite is easily the C7.R none of the above. Reason? Haven't really had enough time to find a favorite one yet.

The Mclaren is what I've started using in GT3 leagues/races. But one thing I do know is I'll be looking at the Audi much more closely in the near future. I spent about 4-5 hours dialing in the 12C on Laguna Secca only to achieve the same lap times after about 10 minutes in the Audi on stock settings. My only issue with it is I felt like I was nearly deaf after those 10 minutes. :o (it is loud!)

NemethR
06-07-2015, 22:27
There is no such thing as one best car, but we can agree, that the BMW M3 GT, and the Ginetta GT3 are slow :(

As for the others, to everyone his own.

I like the BMw Z4, and the McLaren.
Others prefer the Audi.
Again others are damn fast with the RUF, or the Mercedes.
Aston is a sure favorite too.
I cannot drive the bentley, yet there are guys, who are a lot faster then me in the Bentley.