PDA

View Full Version : Audi R18 Setup

Midnightm3nace
16-05-2015, 00:51
Does anybody know a good setup with this car, or other LMPs for the matter?
I have a comfortable (but not necessarily fast) setup on the RWD P30, but in online, people are ROCKETING past me on the corners in the Mulsanne straight. The Audi and the Marek have been a real struggle for me to do well in, and I would like some advice from people who know what they're doing here. Thanks.
-Midnight

NVI0U5
16-05-2015, 01:01
Im not familiar with the LMP cars but if they have DRS or KERS they come in handy

Eric Rowland
17-05-2015, 18:19
LeMans is all about speed on the Mulsanne straight and from Mulsanne corner to Indianapolis corner. Then you have the dilemma of how to go fast in the Porsche curves. Add a little more wing or not? Everybody is the same speed in the chicanes (more or less :) ).

Michael_jo
21-06-2015, 10:28
Does anybody know a good setup with this car, or other LMPs for the matter?
I have a comfortable (but not necessarily fast) setup on the RWD P30, but in online, people are ROCKETING past me on the corners in the Mulsanne straight. The Audi and the Marek have been a real struggle for me to do well in, and I would like some advice from people who know what they're doing here. Thanks.
-Midnight

I got one for audi R18 TDI, but I don't know if my set up suits you though, here it is

Tier pressure
Front L and Front R 1.77 bar
Rear L and Rear R 1 87 bar

Break pressure 80%
Break balance 52%
Brake duct 27% (depends on how long the race is, the more longer could need more opened brake ducts)
Downfroce 5.0 front and 4.0 back
Longitudinal weight bias 49.5%
Front (left and right) ride height 50mm
Rear (left and right ) height 55mm
Front L and R spring rate 170N/mm
Rear L and R spring rate 160 N/mm
Front Bump stop L and R 20mm
Rear bump stop L and R 18mm
LSD acc lock 64%
LSD deceleration lock 64 %
Limited slip preload 100N-m
Viscous lock 44%
Radiator 25% (could be drastically closed same as the brake ducts if you are on a short stint)
Fuel load tuned to length of the race
For Brake mapping, I slid to 2 steps to the right

SORRY FIR THE BAD ENGLISH, IT ISNT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, thank you
I'll report anything if I found better set ups :) one advice for you after using this set up, BE GENTLE ON THE THROTTLE

mikadri
21-06-2015, 11:26
I got one for audi R18 TDI, but I don't know if my set up suits you though, here it is

Tier pressure
Front L and Front R 1.77 bar
Rear L and Rear R 1 87 bar

Break pressure 80%
Break balance 52%
Brake duct 27% (depends on how long the race is, the more longer could need more opened brake ducts)
Downfroce 5.0 front and 4.0 back
Longitudinal weight bias 49.5%
Front (left and right) ride height 50mm
Rear (left and right ) height 55mm
Front L and R spring rate 170N/mm
Rear L and R spring rate 160 N/mm
Front Bump stop L and R 20mm
Rear bump stop L and R 18mm
LSD acc lock 64%
LSD deceleration lock 64 %
Limited slip preload 100N-m
Viscous lock 44%
Radiator 25% (could be drastically closed same as the brake ducts if you are on a short stint)
Fuel load tuned to length of the race
For Brake mapping, I slid to 2 steps to the right

SORRY FIR THE BAD ENGLISH, IT ISNT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, thank you
I'll report anything if I found better set ups :) one advice for you after using this set up, BE GENTLE ON THE THROTTLE

:)Thanks for the setup.I could really need some help with those cars too.
I see you have only 80% brakes,-is that because you drive without ABS?

Pervasive
21-06-2015, 16:46
Can't wait to try this out. I tested and worked on a lemans tune for the challenge. (Off course that one had brake ducts closed mostly and radiator mostly. I didn't do anything suspension wise and it clearly could use a bit there. I did soften the front seat bar to help with some turn in. The car really didn't like the curbs much. I was doing sub 3:30s could do 3:27s.

When I get in I'll share mine here - but again I'm super tune novice. Typically just do diff/aero/ gearing changes, occasionally a tweak to a sway bar or two.

hkraft300
21-06-2015, 20:22
Try searching.
There are a few good LMP1 setups around.
I haven't spent much time at Le Mans on pCars yet but I'll be doing some tuning on it this week.