PDA

View Full Version : Best setting for ThrustMaster T-80 ??

berzerker777
16-05-2015, 01:36
Coming from logitech wheels i canít get this to feel right in project cars

Can some one explain the wheel options?

Thankyou

Game look amazing but canít get it to drive properley

HarryHoodlum
16-05-2015, 01:46
Here's what I have and it's working great.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 90
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 75
Brake Deadzone - 6
Break Sensitivity - 50

Everything else I left as default.

berzerker777
19-05-2015, 00:47
Thanks mate, ill give it a go. It seems to be the steering linearity thats the real problem for me.

danpinho
19-05-2015, 00:53
I just bought a T80.
I will try it out as soon as I get it working.
Thnks.

gbm
19-05-2015, 01:59
Here's what I have and it's working great.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Brake Deadzone - 6
Break Sensitivity - 50

Everything else I left as default.

Hey HH, I tried your 90 setting on Steering, not bad. For my tastes however, I pulled it back to around 60. Otherwise, great recommendation!

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 02:02
Cool glad you got it squared away. I actually set my steering dead zone to 5 to counter the really touchy "soft" spot on the wheel. Makes it way easier to keep the car in a straight line without having to correct it on straightaways.

gbm
19-05-2015, 14:18
Cool glad you got it squared away. I actually set my steering dead zone to 5 to counter the really touchy "soft" spot on the wheel. Makes it way easier to keep the car in a straight line without having to correct it on straightaways.

Funny because now it's SO on point, and turns SO quickly and responsively, that it has me thinking "Is this realistic? Do cars really respond like this?" lol

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 14:32
UPDATED SETTINGS:

Steering Deadzone - 5
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Brake Deadzone - 6
Break Sensitivity - 50

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 14:41
Maybe I need to tinker because I know for a fact the evo and M1 do not feel like how they feel in the game. I'm all default except for 60 on Steering sen.

trancend
19-05-2015, 17:02
Your best bet is setting it in the trash, or a local electronics recycling bin.

I checked one of these out at GameStop and ended up throwing it at the sales associate asking him how could he live with himself working at a place that charges 100$ for such rubbish (jk, i put it back in the box and left with a look of disgust).

Heh, isnt much Thrust in the T80, unless you cock the wheel and let the spring fly.

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 17:51
Your best bet is setting it in the trash, or a local electronics recycling bin.

I checked one of these out at GameStop and ended up throwing it at the sales associate asking him how could he live with himself working at a place that charges 100$ for such rubbish (jk, i put it back in the box and left with a look of disgust).

Heh, isnt much Thrust in the T80, unless you cock the wheel and let the spring fly.

So you judged the product based on what exactly? What are you expecting for $99? Some people might rather not spend the equivalent of a second PS4 just to play one or two games. This wheel works really, really well and it doesn't cost much at all.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 18:06
So you judged the product based on what exactly? What are you expecting for $99? Some people might rather not spend the equivalent of a second PS4 just to play one or two games. This wheel works really, really well and it doesn't cost much at all.

I have to agree with trancend. By comparison the DFGT can be had for the same money. You get a ton more with that wheel.

I see T100 for the same price which really leaves me baffled.

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 18:15
I have to agree with trancend. By comparison the DFGT can be had for the same money. You get a ton more with that wheel.

I see T100 for the same price which really leaves me baffled.

T100 is a full 50% more expensive, and not widely available.

And why even mention a wheel that does not, and most likely will not be compatible with this console/game? I'm not pledging allegiance to the T80 in any way, and it's more of a stop-gap solution right now. I do think $99 is justified here. It works great and doesn't feel quite as cheap as you'd expect something being made of all plastic. I was as skeptical as anyone but figured I cant afford a $500 wheel right now for a single game, and I'm not disappointed at all with this entry level product that still seems "premium" in some ways.

muscular
19-05-2015, 18:26
imo the T80 is a total barebones, offering just pedals for brake and gas, and a wheel for precision steering. The T100 with Force feedback should be what people should be aiming for, u can feel bumps in the road, and also the realism of under/oversteer, which I feel was important in a sim wheel. That said, yes, the T100 is indeed quite rare to find. In all, its a pity the DFGT isn't supported and we, the consumers are the one at the disadvantaged end of this Sony-Thrustmaster cooperation.

gbm
19-05-2015, 18:40
The T80 is perfectly FINE, for the money. However, yes....the T100 is $50 better.

It's all relative.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 18:40
T100 is a full 50% more expensive, and not widely available.

And why even mention a wheel that does not, and most likely will not be compatible with this console/game? I'm not pledging allegiance to the T80 in any way, and it's more of a stop-gap solution right now. I do think $99 is justified here. It works great and doesn't feel quite as cheap as you'd expect something being made of all plastic. I was as skeptical as anyone but figured I cant afford a $500 wheel right now for a single game, and I'm not disappointed at all with this entry level product that still seems "premium" in some ways.

No One is saying you should be disappointed. And comparing it to the DFGT is very valid - why would it not be (if I had a pc I would be able to use the wheel no? If anything I should be the disappointed one. I have a perfectly functioning FFB wheel (the DFGT) and I was forced to spend the same money for a lesser product just to have a wheel until I can find a t300 rs in stock to drop even more coin on.. insane.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 18:43
Im talking street prices not MSRP. The street Price on the T100 is $99.

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 18:54
Im talking street prices not MSRP. The street Price on the T100 is $99.

Show me a link? We're both in the US so unless you're referring to the Google shopping links that say T100 but actually link to a T80, I don't see it for $100 anywhere. Street price is $150, if you can find it.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:05
Show me a link? We're both in the US so unless you're referring to the Google shopping links that say T100 but actually link to a T80, I don't see it for $100 anywhere. Street price is $150, if you can find it.

I didn't click the links so you may be right. Never the less my main comparison is DFGT.

awaite85
19-05-2015, 19:08
Why is the T100 so hard to find? It is getting way better reviews.

misterspockyall
19-05-2015, 19:08
I'm a bit odd, but I'd rather get $99 worth of rubber bands than $99 worth of electric motor. I'm glad if people like their T100, but I questioned the quality of parts for the price and went T80.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:11
Better reviews than what?

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:11
Why is the T100 so hard to find? It is getting way better reviews.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:13
I'm a bit odd, but I'd rather get $99 worth of rubber bands than $99 worth of electric motor. I'm glad if people like their T100, but I questioned the quality of parts for the price and went T80.

Either you are odd or you have never used the DFGT - I can speak for other FFB wheels. Haven't tried em. I get your thinking though, but I don't think rubber bands should cost $99 dollars.

misterspockyall
19-05-2015, 19:18
I've not used it, new to wheel use. Bought the T80 as a gateway drug of sorts, and if I use it enough I'll pull the trigger on something more substantial on down the line. For what it is, I'm glad it exists and has greatly increased my enjoyment of the game.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:22
I've not used it, new to wheel use. Bought the T80 as a gateway drug of sorts, and if I use it enough I'll pull the trigger on something more substantial on down the line. For what it is, I'm glad it exists and has greatly increased my enjoyment of the game.

Much better than a controller. But without FFB , you are missing a whole other dimension to the game. It hurts me very much that im missing it too.

awaite85
19-05-2015, 19:23

Seriously? Than the T80. That's the topic of discussion right?

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:24
Seriously? Than the T80. That's the topic of discussion right?

Yes seriously. I didn't think you would be comparing apples to oranges .

awaite85
19-05-2015, 20:11
Most sites i've visited give the t80 a bad review and the t100 a good review. A few of you here have given the t80 a good review saying it works fine.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 20:14
Most sites i've visited give the t80 a bad review and the t100 a good review. A few of you here have given the t80 a good review saying it works fine.

The T100 is FFB the T80 is not. Why would they go head to head in a review. What am I missing?

gbm
19-05-2015, 22:26
The reason the T100 gets "good" reviews, is because it's the only UNDER $250 wheel that offers FFB. ...and with a price tag of $149.00, it's only $50 bucks more than the cheapest all around option, the T80. (which doesn't have FFB)

Clearly, the main feature you want in a wheel is FFB, so at a tag of $150, I'd give that wheel a great review all day long too! ....the reason it's not getting the push by current platforms is because it lacks a "share" function on it, as well as the ability to navigate menu screens with it. So since SHARING is the new craze for gamers nowadays, (siiiiiiigh, which I just think is silly, but I digress) the diamond in the rough is the T100.

Hope this clears things up.

awaite85
19-05-2015, 22:45
Absolutely gbm. Thank you. Makes sense. I'd rather have FFB than the share button. The stock controller has a share button.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 00:14
Anyone looking at spending money on the T80 needs to SERIOUSLY consider the T100 instead. Not bashing on the T80 as i know many of you have one & enjoy it, which is great.

I was in the same position as most. Wanted a wheel for this game, with FFB but am on a tight budget & simply couldnt justify a wheel thats almost as expensive as the PS4 itself. It left me with two options in my price range, being the T80 w/o FFB or the T100 with FFB. For the extra 50% the T100 is certainly worth it IMO. I really didnt like the idea of rubber band centering so pulled the trigger on the T100. Im glad i planned ahead & picked one up months ago when they were easier to find.

For the US & Canada guys, i ordered mine from B&H in New York state. They currently are out of stock, but had the cheapest price i could find anywhere (believe me, i looked everywhere) and also offered free shipping.

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 00:29
I fully plan to upgrade to a Logitech if that pans out, or a Fanatec if they sort out those bugs.

I'm worried about noise at night too so I'm gonna have to do my research before upgrading. Not willing to spend more than a PS4 though

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 00:47
Anyone looking at spending money on the T80 needs to SERIOUSLY consider the T100 instead. Not bashing on the T80 as i know many of you have one & enjoy it, which is great.

I was in the same position as most. Wanted a wheel for this game, with FFB but am on a tight budget & simply couldnt justify a wheel thats almost as expensive as the PS4 itself. It left me with two options in my price range, being the T80 w/o FFB or the T100 with FFB. For the extra 50% the T100 is certainly worth it IMO. I really didnt like the idea of rubber band centering so pulled the trigger on the T100. Im glad i planned ahead & picked one up months ago when they were easier to find.

For the US & Canada guys, i ordered mine from B&H in New York state. They currently are out of stock, but had the cheapest price i could find anywhere (believe me, i looked everywhere) and also offered free shipping.
It's been mentioned a few times the T100 is unobtainable right now. Some people like myself were left with no choice but the t80. T300 is MIA as well. That's the one I wanted.

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 02:17
I almost think the T100 is dunzo because those Google links all take you to the T80 now

gbm
20-05-2015, 11:01
I wonder if this will be restocked in stores? ...seems to be out everywhere now. A few months ago, it was widely available.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 14:19
It's been mentioned a few times the T100 is unobtainable right now. Some people like myself were left with no choice but the t80. T300 is MIA as well. That's the one I wanted.

Not true. A user here found a retailer who has them in stock.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26721-I-found-an-online-retailer-with-the-T100-if-anyone-is-looking

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 15:04
Not true. A user here found a retailer who has them in stock.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26721-I-found-an-online-retailer-with-the-T100-if-anyone-is-looking

You guys take things far too literally. Good for that guy and that "retailer though". Doesn't change the fact that T300s and T100s are still very low stock in the US. Some guy in California got a T300 wheel from a local Frys for $199 on a one day sale. Ive been checking daily since before and after that and online shows out of stock. There is none locally to me. When I bought the game I could only get t80 if I wanted to play day 1 (with a wheel). Sadly the game has a hold on me and I just dropped $500 on a price gouged t300 on ebay. Now I'm checking to see how much to have it delivered before the weekend for more $$ :(

gbm
20-05-2015, 15:09
You guys take things far too literally. Good for that guy and that "retailer though". Doesn't change the fact that T300s and T100s are still very low stock in the US. Some guy in California got a T300 wheel from a local Frys for $199 on a one day sale. Ive been checking daily since before and after that and online shows out of stock. There is none locally to me. When I bought the game I could only get t80 if I wanted to play day 1 (with a wheel). Sadly the game has a hold on me and I just dropped $500 on a price gouged t300 on ebay. Now I'm checking to see how much to have it delivered before the weekend for more $$ :(

Well now's your chance to return that $500 one and get the T100 if you like. I bought mine this morning.

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 15:17
Well now's your chance to return that $500 one and get the T100 if you like. I bought mine this morning.

I wasn't in love with the size, feel, or the buttons on the rim of the wheel. Figured I'd just get what I will eventually want any way. Don't want to end up with another paper weight.

wyldanimal
20-05-2015, 20:46
Wow, this thread went downhill fast...
While I have a different Wheel.
I can appreciate the Casual Driver, who Doesn't want to invest $$$ in a wheel, but wants a little better experience than the Controller offers.
Even the T-80 adds that extra level of Immersion into the Driving experience, and it doesn't break the bank.

Now the real purpose of the thread was to share settings that Work with the T-80.

Since it's not a FFB wheel. There aren't too many adjustments to make.

Sensitivity and Dead Zones.

for Steering, 20 to 30 for the Karts, and 60 to 80 for the rest of the cars.
Dead zone between 0 and 5

awaite85
20-05-2015, 21:03
Wow, this thread went downhill fast...
While I have a different Wheel.
I can appreciate the Casual Driver, who Doesn't want to invest $$$ in a wheel, but wants a little better experience than the Controller offers.
Even the T-80 adds that extra level of Immersion into the Driving experience, and it doesn't break the bank.

Now the real purpose of the thread was to share settings that Work with the T-80.

Since it's not a FFB wheel. There aren't too many adjustments to make.

Sensitivity and Dead Zones.

for Steering, 20 to 30 for the Karts, and 60 to 80 for the rest of the cars.
Dead zone between 0 and 5

Good post, some of us are going to settle for the T80. Good advice