PDA

View Full Version : Tune adjustments won't save in career practice and qualifying rounds

Haiden
16-05-2015, 04:08
I can't get the tunes to save in the career pre-rounds. It works fine from every other place in the game (solo practice, garage, etc.), but when I return to the pits in career practice and qualifying rounds to make adjustments, they don't save. I press "A", and I see the save icon flash in the lower right, but when I go back in and check, the settings have reverted back to whatever they were when I came into the round.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? It's a little annoying. Kind of defeats the purpose of a practice round.

Jubis
16-05-2015, 06:39
It's listed in PC issues seems to happen xbone and ps4 too. Hope they fix it soon.

Hawker Fury
16-05-2015, 09:41
Yes exactly the same. I find it very annoying!!
Again would be good to have an acknowledgment from WMD or SMS that this has been noted on XB1 and is being investigated........

Please see my post #17 for more detail

Haiden
16-05-2015, 13:10
Thanks for the reply, guys.

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. The fewer people having a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed. :rolleyes: I hope the fix is in the upcoming patch/update, because it's gonna get pretty annoying. Right now, it's not that bad on tracks that I'm unfamiliar with, because I practice in solo rounds before entering the calendar round. By that time, I've got the tune I want for the track. But on tracks that I'm already familiar with from Forza, it's annoying not to be able to tune in practice.

And yes, an acknowledgement from the devs would be nice.

tubbychris1
17-05-2015, 08:59
Yes I have the same problem, that tuning set ups are not saving, I set it up in practice (mainly changes to FFB) and then its all gone again when come to qualy and race. Very annoying to have to change all the settings before every session :/

Pepsighost
17-05-2015, 11:07
I've also had this problem set up a tune and it saves then go back to pits to fine tune and it's gone back to standard settings

cplzell
17-05-2015, 11:15
yes is one of the problems...and i'd like "load setting" in the box menu

Jubis
17-05-2015, 18:17
Career mode unplayable because of this. It also messes up force feedback settings what you have made....

EXOR Metal Burn
18-05-2015, 01:46
I have this problem also. Every time I jump back to the pits or start a new session. But it looks like my kart tune. All the values are similar.

Jubis
18-05-2015, 06:28
Yep! It changes tune for Kart if you are driving kart career. Very annoying bug.

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 07:01
They save for the career session you're in if you make changes. The known bug is the changes don't save from session to session. The defaults you have saved in My Garage are loaded when a new session is started. It'll get fixed.
In the mean time if you find a setup you like for a specific track make sure you're assigning that setup to that track in My Garage so it loads when that track is loaded in Career.

sank
18-05-2015, 11:44
Also have this bug, would be very keen on some improvements to the tuning in career mode

z3r0cool77
18-05-2015, 16:08
They save for the career session you're in if you make changes. The known bug is the changes don't save from session to session. The defaults you have saved in My Garage are loaded when a new session is started. It'll get fixed.
In the mean time if you find a setup you like for a specific track make sure you're assigning that setup to that track in My Garage so it loads when that track is loaded in Career.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Sometimes wild tunes get generated which aren't even possible for the car you're driving and have nothing to do with any other tune you may have saved. Settings beyond the limits of whats normally possible for a given car. And it's not just session to session. If you return to pitbox at any time during the session you lose your tune.

The only way to be safe in the current state, is to check your tune at the beginning of every session. If any number is off at all you hit Y to restore defaults then recreate the entire tune from there. And never return to pitbox during practice or qual, you'll just have to reset the tune and start over again wasting session time. If an adjustment needs to be made you're better off just restarting the session. When you do your tune usually stays intact and you don't run down the clock on your session thanks to a bug.

Jdorisan
20-05-2015, 05:35

This is not 100% true. I am currently having issues within each session. No matter what or when I try and make a change to the car the game is resetting everything to default. Pretty much making it impossible for me to run career now. Even if I make a tune and save it to a specific track or all the tracks, the game resets them before I leave the pits .

Xb1 digital copy

FA5Alex
21-05-2015, 02:28
I'm having this issue too. Any changes you make don't save in your session. If your press start and choose to return to your pit garage that causes a reset. What's worse is that it also extends to my wheels force feedback settings. I'm using a thrustmaster tx on my Xbox one.

zed71
21-05-2015, 08:52
I can't get the tunes to save in the career pre-rounds. It works fine from every other place in the game (solo practice, garage, etc.), but when I return to the pits in career practice and qualifying rounds to make adjustments, they don't save. I press "A", and I see the save icon flash in the lower right, but when I go back in and check, the settings have reverted back to whatever they were when I came into the round.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? It's a little annoying. Kind of defeats the purpose of a practice round.

I have been having this problem also and I have actually found a solution. After each session has ended quit out after the next session has started and go back to the calendar, re-enter for your next session, you will then find that your saved settings are what they should be and out you go for your practice/qually/race. Hope this helps

Hawker Fury
23-05-2015, 11:30
I have been having this problem also and I have actually found a solution. After each session has ended quit out after the next session has started and go back to the calendar, re-enter for your next session, you will then find that your saved settings are what they should be and out you go for your practice/qually/race. Hope this helps

I have found this also up until now.
I have been completing my Clio cup championship. Tuning saves not working at any round, so I've been using free practice to make my setups and then going in to career. This, while clearly not correct, has provided a work around. Like you I've found sometimes, but not always, the setup can corrupt when going from one round straight to another.
Now I've completed the season I have an invitational McLaren F1 at Zolder race. So off I go to free practice and make a tune, which I will also point out is particularly important for me as I'm a TX user so the standard settings are pretty undrivable.
The tune works fine and also appears in "my garage" and shows having been saved at Zolda. So i go into the career and when I arrive at the track my setup is completely different. I backed out to my garage and the setup is fine. I go back to free practice and the setup is fine. So then in my garage I saved the setup to all tracks. Back into career and it's all messed up again. Quit the game, did Xbox hard reset, still no joy. I took a photo of the setup so it would not be lost, went into my career again. Setup messed up. So I adjusted the setup in the quali session to match my photos. Out on track it seems to have stuck (easy tell tail is the fuel level). Go back to pits and its rest again, but not to my setup, just the random one. Change the settings again and save and this time quit out to the calendar. Back to my garage to find my orriginal setup I made in free practice.
I don't know if one storage factor happening here is that in my garage I have selected the McL F1 and checked it had the correct setup loaded. Then as soon as I go to my career calendar it shows me in the top right of the screen as being in a clio cup car even tho the picture in "race central" on my career section shows the mclaren f1 invitational. I have completed free practice and am at the quail stage.
I have the digital copy with correct file size and all download content. 150.8gig free on my hard drive.
I really am expecting some sort of reply from a WMD member here. I have wasted hours trying to make this work so I can drive this barge of a car around a track and give loads of detail as to the problem, which is clearly effecting a lot of people. I've then had to waste even more of my life writing it all down to help out get the game I payed good money for fixed so I can finally enjoy it. My frustration is massive!!!!
In the known issues thread this is not even acknowledged as a problem so I will be linking this thread there.

Cheers
Ben

FA5Alex
23-05-2015, 15:49
I have found this also up until now.
I have been completing my Clio cup championship. Tuning saves not working at any round, so I've been using free practice to make my setups and then going in to career. This, while clearly not correct, has provided a work around. Like you I've found sometimes, but not always, the setup can corrupt when going from one round straight to another.
Now I've completed the season I have an invitational McLaren F1 at Zolder race. So off I go to free practice and make a tune, which I will also point out is particularly important for me as I'm a TX user so the standard settings are pretty undrivable.
The tune works fine and also appears in "my garage" and shows having been saved at Zolda. So i go into the career and when I arrive at the track my setup is completely different. I backed out to my garage and the setup is fine. I go back to free practice and the setup is fine. So then in my garage I saved the setup to all tracks. Back into career and it's all messed up again. Quit the game, did Xbox hard reset, still no joy. I took a photo of the setup so it would not be lost, went into my career again. Setup messed up. So I adjusted the setup in the quali session to match my photos. Out on track it seems to have stuck (easy tell tail is the fuel level). Go back to pits and its rest again, but not to my setup, just the random one. Change the settings again and save and this time quit out to the calendar. Back to my garage to find my orriginal setup I made in free practice.
I don't know if one storage factor happening here is that in my garage I have selected the McL F1 and checked it had the correct setup loaded. Then as soon as I go to my career calendar it shows me in the top right of the screen as being in a clio cup car even tho the picture in "race central" on my career section shows the mclaren f1 invitational. I have completed free practice and am at the quail stage.
I have the digital copy with correct file size and all download content. 150.8gig free on my hard drive.
I really am expecting some sort of reply from a WMD member here. I have wasted hours trying to make this work so I can drive this barge of a car around a track and give loads of detail as to the problem, which is clearly effecting a lot of people. I've then had to wast even more of my life writing it all down to help out get the game I payed good money for fixed so I can finally enjoy it. My frustration is massive!!!!
In the known issues thread this is not even acknowledged as a problem so I will be linking this thread there.

Cheers
Ben

Try saving a tune from the garage to a specific track instead of the blanket save to all. That seems to have worked for me to get it to stick. Confirm the changes saved by going into edit tune and saving out. However while in career mode, pressing start and choosing return to pit garage will reset the car and force feedback settings regardless so keep that in mind I guess.

Hawker Fury
23-05-2015, 19:01
Try saving a tune from the garage to a specific track instead of the blanket save to all. That seems to have worked for me to get it to stick. Confirm the changes saved by going into edit tune and saving out. However while in career mode, pressing start and choosing return to pit garage will reset the car and force feedback settings regardless so keep that in mind I guess.

Yes as I said that was how it was saved. Then in a "just in case" effort I tried saving to all tracks. No difference.
Also as stated I know that retiring to pits reset the setup I was stating it for the record not as some sort of surprise. Thanks for the help tho.

inthebagbud
23-05-2015, 22:10
I am not sure if this is related but any changes I make to controller modes are also lost . Spent around 2 hours testing and altering as a new user only to see them disappear

Using xb1 not pc as profile states - will change

FA5Alex
23-05-2015, 23:32
I noticed though in free practice everything actually works as it's supposed to so i'm hoping this fix comes soon. This and the AI performance in the rain makes the career mode all but useless.

Raz1975
24-05-2015, 08:14
Exactly the same and its spoiling the enjoyment of the game. Having to do extra solo before going into practice to set up car.

stevezodiac
25-05-2015, 22:11
I also have this problem, no matter where I save a set up, get to a race and it has usually reset to default or worse gone random. Given up the career driving for now, come on developers, get this patched please.

Bobbydakid
26-05-2015, 18:06
It is a known issue and will be fixed in a future patch, as well as the AI being too quick in the rain.

danpinho
29-05-2015, 20:54
Career mode is not seriously playable so far with this bug. I'll wait for patch release.

AdM1
30-05-2015, 01:00
It does save the tune from my experience just doesn't show up in the tuning set up when you go back into it. To test this change your fuel and you will see it changes and stay the same. For me it has done at least.

turbobeat
05-06-2015, 22:06
Hi, I can only agree that this is one of a lot annoying things with this game which claimed to be "best ever"....

milliotseb
08-06-2015, 12:36
I work on my setup during career practice session and I don't had a lot of occurence of this issue. I did not looked into "my garage" set up to see if setup is present there. At least, setup in qualif and race seems to be similar to the one I modified in free practice
What I do now is that I always reset the setup before modifying it (I don't know if this help)

stux
10-06-2015, 06:11
I'm getting a combination of issues which makes it seem like tune adjustments won't save in Qualifying rounds. This issue has basically completely halted/killed the career mode for me.

I made a video showing the problems:

http://xboxclips.com/Capt+Stux/70033a3d-2701-4d39-8477-4cdc8922f15e

First, I start by going to the garage, Merc SLS AMG and ensuring the gearing is set for all circuits, 00:00 - 00:35

Then I go to my career calendar and resume the track day event (which has already locked in the Merc SLS AMG), 00:36 - 01:24

You'll notice that when I get out of the pits, 1st and 2nd gear are the same ratio, 01:40 - 01:49, this is the first bug. Global all track settings do not always save to the track! or do not get utilized

I then return to pit box, and edit the tuning, gear ratios are messed up. reset them, and save. 01:50 - 2:12

When I get out of the pit zone, the gearing is working correctly now... 2:28- 2:37

I then exit and rejoin the race. This will now save the correct gearing to the circuit... 2:38 - 3:55

When I get to the end of the pit zone... gears are still good 4:14 - 4:18

I then return to the pit box, edit tuning setup. The gears are corrupt again. I then CANCEL the setup and return to race. 4:18 - 4:37, this is the other bug, tunes get corrupted when going to the tune window on a track

When I get out of the pits, gears are now stuffed again. 4:50 - 5:00, even tho, I saved nothing.

Unfortunately, I couldn't capture more than 5 minutes, but if I were to now exit the race, the corrupt gear setting will be saved to that track.

There are two issues:

1) the global My Garage per track settings are not being used on the track
2) everytime I bring up the tuning box in the pit window on track, it corrupts the tune, the 1st and 2nd gears are the same and 6th and 7th also, and there is a missed gear... plus I'm sure other things are messed up too... hard to tell. The only way to fix it is to fully configure everything and save, but the next time you open the tuning window, it will reset to the corrupted settings. Cancelling will not help.

DTG Sprinkles
18-06-2015, 03:23
Well, I guess this issue is still around. I was hoping that something would have been snuck into the 1.4 patch to fix this.

I loaded my setup then entered free practice. I checked my set up and it was the one that I saved for this track,
I drove a hand full of laps, then returned to pit box to make change to the tire pressures since they were not matching what I had set up previously.
And sure enough, the setup that was on the car was the global setup for the car, not the track specific setup.

The only way that I have found to get the setup that you want in career mode is to save it globally, though you will not be able to make any adjustments in the pits.

So basically, Career mode is a giant headache if you plan on tuning the setup on the car.

I'll cross my fingers that it finally gets fixed on patch 1.5. But, I won't hold my breath.

TGW Quickshift
27-06-2015, 15:11
Same here to in free practise the tuned car is perfect but when i go to timetraile the car does evrything like before so freakin bad again pffff

LextersQuest
27-06-2015, 16:53
Carreer mode is still with this problem. After patch 1.4 saw an extro button to setup.
But wen doing practice qualify race in carreer, every time returning to pit to make adjustment setup saved is gone.
So in carreer you can never go to your pit or the setup that you saved in your garage is gone;(

And its looking like next patch will not fix this problem.
Seems like problem is not important enough.

Sproket
27-06-2015, 17:02
At least before it would only happen on invitational events so just restart session.
Now in main career and however you restart event, skip to next session or return to pits. It resets all the time.
I will return to career IF not when they fix this.

Aldo Zampatti
27-06-2015, 17:05
AFAIK this is known issue. I'll check if this was addressed in 2.0 or still haven't

Brent G
27-06-2015, 20:26
Really hope its fixed sharpish as I really want my career to go further than the Clio Cup!

shabbsy
17-07-2015, 17:20

Tune adjustments still NOT saving in career practice & qualifying after latest patch. (17th july 1.3gb update) . Come on WMD i am more than Slightly Mad, this is a crucial fix that must be addressed imediately.

OpticalHercules
17-07-2015, 19:10
Tune adjustments still NOT saving in career practice & qualifying after latest patch. (17th july 1.3gb update) . Come on WMD i am more than Slightly Mad, this is a crucial fix that must be addressed imediately.

There was nothing in patch notes about fixing this bug. Also, I'm worried that once you are experiencing this bug, no patch will be able to fix it until you delete your local and cloud save files and start over. This problem is currently resolved by doing that, and that means that once the issue occurs, it is now part of your save data, not part of the game's programming.

Brent G
17-07-2015, 19:21
There was nothing in patch notes about fixing this bug. Also, I'm worried that once you are experiencing this bug, no patch will be able to fix it until you delete your local and cloud save files and start over. This problem is currently resolved by doing that, and that means that once the issue occurs, it is now part of your save data, not part of the game's programming.

Would love to know if thats the case before I go delete everything. Can anyone shed some light please?

OpticalHercules
17-07-2015, 19:30
Would love to know if thats the case before I go delete everything. Can anyone shed some light please?

DONT DELETE EVERYTHING! Definitely not until you absolutely have to. There are workarounds for this bug, keep using them. If you delete now before the bug is fixed, it will almost guaranteed happen again. I had this problem, then had to delete for other reasons, and this problem came back within 3 days. I since had to delete everything again yesterday, but now I'm not even bothering to use the in-session tune stuff, just doing the workaround as my normal method.

We will have to wait for a patch to address the cause of this issue first, and then find out whether that patch can fix the problem for those already experiencing it, or if the patch will just prevent it from happening in the future. Because this must be related to save data, I am more inclined to think it is the latter.

Sp4mD4gger
17-07-2015, 21:14
Here's weird, had to tune the Lotus 98T for career mode, made a change (including wet tyres for pit stop) didn't save, so saved 2 more times (with the same new changes)and it saved.

So, with that in mind I started a new career in the Radical SR3RS starting at Watkins Glen.
changed settings, changed tyres for rain, saved 3 times, did a couple of laps, pitted and checked save, all good.

Went to garage, checked settings there again, all good.
Turned the Xbox off and on again checked settings, all good.

I don't use the garage for tuning, but have noticed that it doesn't remember the last setup, you gotta load it from the track list, however this may be completely normal.

So far I have saved setting for Lotus98T, Renault Clio cup, and the above mentioned Radical, all saved successfully, I cannot shed any light on the lost tunes issue stated in this thread, but my workaround seems to have sorted it for me till a patch is released.

Try it, you can't lose anything

Schnizz58
17-07-2015, 21:46
So you hit 'A' twice to save it while in the setup menu during a race session?

Sp4mD4gger
18-07-2015, 00:43
So you hit 'A' twice to save it while in the setup menu during a race session?
3 times

Brent G
18-07-2015, 08:38
DONT DELETE EVERYTHING! Definitely not until you absolutely have to. There are workarounds for this bug, keep using them. If you delete now before the bug is fixed, it will almost guaranteed happen again. I had this problem, then had to delete for other reasons, and this problem came back within 3 days. I since had to delete everything again yesterday, but now I'm not even bothering to use the in-session tune stuff, just doing the workaround as my normal method.

We will have to wait for a patch to address the cause of this issue first, and then find out whether that patch can fix the problem for those already experiencing it, or if the patch will just prevent it from happening in the future. Because this must be related to save data, I am more inclined to think it is the latter.

Thanks for the info mate, I'll just wait till we find out wether it can be fixed or not before I go deleting.