PDA

View Full Version : Multi Class Races - Ability to pick which classes in race

WadeOhh
16-05-2015, 05:20
I know its not possible at the moment, but is there anything down the road in the development timeline that will allow you to pick which classes are in the multi class races (offline)?

I wanted to do a Le Mans race, driving a GT3 car, but with the other classes in the race as LMP1 and LMP2 (and maybe one more). But when I went to do it, it basically just inserted a bunch of different GT classes and (I know its already reported in the UI section of the Known Issues Collective Thread, but), at the moment, there is no way to know which classes are in the race, or what position you are in your class. I imagine this will get added down the road.

But it would be nice to be able to pick which classes are in your race. I guess it could get a little dangerous with the AI behaviour if you stuck, say, a FA car and a shifter kart in a race. Haha. But closer performing classes would be awesome, so you could set up offline virtual WEC events :)

blacknred81
16-05-2015, 05:26
Agreed, tried to do a race with a LMP1 at Lemans but puts the Caterham, Palmer and the Radicals as the other classes, this either needs to be added, or at least give proper Le Mans style racing doe quick races....

Duca Racer
16-05-2015, 05:35
I wanted to do a Le Mans race, driving a GT3 car, but with the other classes in the race as LMP1 and LMP2.

Me too.

nhitrac
16-05-2015, 06:41
Even simpler, have the option to select individual card we want to rave against.

Morgan Henstridge
16-05-2015, 09:02
I have not tried in a quick race, but in Career, the LeMans 24hr has the LMP cars and the GT cars together.

Duca Racer
16-05-2015, 13:16
I have not tried in a quick race, but in Career, the LeMans 24hr has the LMP cars and the GT cars together.

I hope. But it will be interesting to have this option in solo mode.

WadeOhh
18-05-2015, 01:20
I was talking for solo race weekend mode. The ability to pick which classes are in multi class races, and the ability to do timed races would be awesome. I know timed races are in career, so surely it wouldn't be that much work to get them into solo race weekend.

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 02:01
I hope. But it will be interesting to have this option in solo mode.

It's been requested a few times on the WMD forums for Quick Race. I.E. the ability to choose your own Classes when you select Multi-class. AFAIK it's been acknowledged and considered. Just not a high priority item.

CrustyA
18-05-2015, 02:21
I think at a minimum it should at least put reasonable classes together. I just did a multi-class quick race at laguna in the Z4 GT3 and there were six different classes. GT1x,GT3,GT4,GT5,group 4, and group 5. seems like an uncommon grouping of classes to mix in one race?

I'd like to have seen something a bit more realistic, like GT3,GT4,LMP2,LMP1 or something similar.

Duca Racer
18-05-2015, 02:30
It's been requested a few times on the WMD forums for Quick Race. I.E. the ability to choose your own Classes when you select Multi-class. AFAIK it's been acknowledged and considered. Just not a high priority item.

I agree.

Thanks!

Vendrah
18-05-2015, 14:55
When Project Cars was announced to have Multi Class feature, I´ve imagined something a bit different than it is now.

Dont take this as complain, even if I admit it is a little bit.

I imagined that we would be able to not only choose which class, but how many cars with them.
So, with that option, we could do some real race reproduction.

For example, we could take yesterday´s Nurburgring 24hrs race entry.
Looking at it, we get that there are about 6 Clios, 4 GT4´s cars (or 10 if we count SP8-SP8T as GT4 alike), 31 GT3 cars.
With that on mind, we could put 31 GT3, 4 GT4 and 6 Clios on single player mode, so we could play a reproduction of the race.
This can be done in several other racing on several different ways. It is "applyable" in many different ways. In the Nurburgring example, you could take the Porsche SMS-R (the race fictional one) and improvise it as Porsche Cup, and put 20 of them. Of course, we have a limit of the cars on track, so we would have to decrease some other category number. The sames applies to LeMans, Dubai, etc...

jediDTM
19-05-2015, 08:53
I bought this so a group of my friends and I could run 12 to 24 hour races simulating Spa, Nurburgring, Le Mans etc...

The lines of code which need to be implemented in orDer to allow time based races and the selection of which classes you want included in a race amount to less than a few hours of work. The title is billed as a multi class capable sim that allows you to run 24 Hour races. Right now, you kind of can, but you can't run the proper cars together and you cant choose a timed race in single race settings. Massive oversights and really simple Fixes. Would love to run a proper Le Mans along side the real race. I hope this is in the que.

Vendrah
22-05-2015, 13:47

Anyone from SMS confirm this?

ikehaiku
26-05-2015, 11:50
I'm bumping this thread, because right now it is my main issue with the game.
I almost only play online with friends, but when I do solo, I only play multi-class.

And right now, you can't do that. Well, technically, you can, but I would hardly call the implementation "multi-class" - more "random assortment of cars that makes no sense at all".

As previously said in the thread , the only way it could work is with us being able to hand-pick each cars (for each IA slot) we want to race against.
Simply being able to pick a "class" wouldn't cut it, since "classes" in the game are...to put it gently, a joke.

Cheers, and keep hitting those apex!
haik'

ikehaiku
10-06-2015, 20:11
So, with The Le Mans 24h having officially started, any words on this?

The game have:
- The Track.
- LMP1
- LMP2
- Well, GT3 instead of GTLM (outisde of the old M3), but I could make with this.

But still no way to match all of the above on track.
And that' is, actually, a shame.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 20:52
The other thing is when you are trying to race online and with AI in LMP1 you have AI driving lower class cars for no reason other than to be moving chicanes. Or you want to race in LMP2 online with AI, and you have AI running LMP1s just blowing you out making it impossible to actually win.

nikidubois
25-01-2016, 17:24
Bump this! We want to choose our own classes!!!

Neil Bateman
25-01-2016, 17:27
Bump this! We want to choose our own classes!!!

There is a custom grid mod that allows you to do this, do a quick search and you will find it.

seb02
25-01-2016, 17:29
There is a custom grid mod that allows you to do this, do a quick search and you will find it.

not possible on PS4 or Xbox

Neil Bateman
25-01-2016, 17:33
Crap sorry, keep forgetting to check platform.

kevin kirk
25-01-2016, 19:46
Heart breaking isn't it. Sometimes I just turn the game off. Look out the window at the snow and ponder why its possible to have all of these features,options, graphics, but hits the wall on having gt and lmp cars on the same track.