PDA

View Full Version : Color scheme change for tire temp icon? Light Blue/Light Green too similar.

Agent 21
16-05-2015, 05:43
Does anyone else have trouble differentiating between cold and up to temp tires on the tire icon near the speedo? When I'm sitting further back from the TV it's VERY hard to tell the difference between the light blue of cold and light green of up to temp. They look pretty similar even when sitting real close. Couldn't they just be greyed out until they're up to temp and then turn green? There would be no confusion at all if it were clear cut like that.

MattyHodgson123
16-05-2015, 05:46
On the off chance that the gaming devs see it, I completely agree. I have a 47" Toshiba and only sit about 2500mm away from my TV, even so I sometimes struggle to see the difference.

I prefer to turn off the HUD when racing in a proper GT class car with an interior display capable of showing separate tyre temps mind.

Johnnypenso1
16-05-2015, 05:59
Does anyone else have trouble differentiating between cold and up to temp tires on the tire icon near the speedo? When I'm sitting further back from the TV it's VERY hard to tell the difference between the light blue of cold and light green of up to temp. They look pretty similar even when sitting real close. Couldn't they just be greyed out until they're up to temp and then turn green? There would be no confusion at all if it were clear cut like that.

When I saw that tire temps were going to be red and green I was a little worried myself, being just about every kind of colour blind there is. Red/green, blue/purple, etc. I'd much prefer that the temps were represented in primary colour shades far away from each other as you suggest or at least have the option to do so.