PDA

View Full Version : No personal best times recorded?

thx1113
16-05-2015, 07:08
Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether they are also experiencing this? Quite apart from the problems with online Time Trial leaderboards not getting times added to them, this is simply that no matter how many laps I do of a circuit, the 'best times' section (that you see on the lower right of the screen when selecting a session, which shows the overall best time and then underneath your personal best) never gets updated with a time for me.

I've probably done 100 offline laps of Brands Hatch Indy yesterday and it's as if I've never driven one.

Anyone else seeing this?

Falconeye
16-05-2015, 08:11
Yes I have the same problem and I am on PS4.

JessicaWalter
16-05-2015, 08:19
me too. i don't complete many valid laps but i know ive done a fair number (and im not mistakenly counting laps that were invalidated in the previous lap).

im on ps4

Wheelzr
16-05-2015, 09:05
I'm not seeing any of my time saved either. Kind of a massive bug to not be working on day one...as awesome as the driving physics and game play are, it's highly unsettling that something THIS basic is broken at launch.

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 09:08
It seems it has something to do with the PSN...

The Dev's are allready Aware of this. And looking into it ;)

thx1113
16-05-2015, 09:57
It seems it has something to do with the PSN...

The Dev's are allready Aware of this. And looking into it ;)

Obviously I don't know how the dev have coded this, but I'm surprised that PSN problems would stop local times (e.g.: from practice sessions or offline races) being saved as personal bests - the problem I'm trying to describe here. Which is why I have a hunch it's a separate problem from the one people have reported to do with Timetrials etc, although I suffer from that too, so maybe everything is related.

But what do I know :)

In the meantime, the circuit calls...

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 10:22
Afaik if you are connected all Times will be stored localy AND Online... And there seems something on the PS4 is Messing up the things..

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 19:13
Are you sure offline times are stored?

Ithink only official online TTs are stored.

Beatminister
17-05-2015, 14:50
Yes, Iīm seeing the same here (on PS4). No matter what you drive - practice runs, AI race or online race - there are no personal bests shown for the car/track combination. Kind of embarasing in a big new release, but I hope they will adress this issue soon.

Also strange: the locked setting to 250 laps in practice sessions. On the Nordschleife thats 7500KM... Thatīs nonsense. Why cant the laps be set like elsewhere?

satissounds
17-05-2015, 16:22
Same thing happening to me and I'm on PS4.

Hope they get this sorted soon.

Also I don't like the sessions locked to 250 laps.

ashasha
19-05-2015, 00:25
Same problem here and I'm on Xbox one.

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 00:30
It took a few hours for my lap time to show up. But it eventually did.

I have ran into where my lap wasnt recorded at all, but it seems like its recording them now (just very slowly).

DozUK
19-05-2015, 08:36
Are you sure offline times are stored?

Ithink only official online TTs are stored.

That is my impression, the only historical times I ever see in the game are ones set on an official time trail. This is such a shame as I do most of my testing in practice mode, but have even beaten personal bests set in time trial during qualifying too but these get lost as soon as I leave the session.

beer_n_frites
19-05-2015, 14:00
I've not got any times recorded anywhere, TT, free practice or races

Marrrfooo
19-05-2015, 14:28
At least near launch (I've not tried since) the times were saving but not immediately. You'd do a time, save/return to the main screen and look up your time and find your name not where your slot should be (and the 'press square to find me' button not working so having to sift manually). Then about 10-15mins later going back to the same board and finding yourself via the find me button.

Regardless though it wasn't coming across as the most stable (for whatever reason - PS4/PSN issue judging by WMD comments) - so I haven't tried it since.

DozUK
19-05-2015, 15:46
At least near launch (I've not tried since) the times were saving but not immediately. You'd do a time, save/return to the main screen and look up your time and find your name not where your slot should be (and the 'press square to find me' button not working so having to sift manually). Then about 10-15mins later going back to the same board and finding yourself via the find me button.

Regardless though it wasn't coming across as the most stable (for whatever reason - PS4/PSN issue judging by WMD comments) - so I haven't tried it since.

What concerns me about this is that at least the functionality for saving times is there in time trial or driver network (Although at the moment is doesn't work/hit miss), the functionality to record times elsewhere in the game has been left out by design. It should always record your PB on a track regardless of how you set it. I should be able to play a career qualifier at Donnington in season 2 and see my current PB and try to beat it.

X Gabe 62 X
22-05-2015, 12:08
The devs would be wise to take a look at any of the last few Forza games to see how to do leaderboards.

X Gabe 62 X
22-05-2015, 12:11
That is my impression, the only historical times I ever see in the game are ones set on an official time trail. This is such a shame as I do most of my testing in practice mode, but have even beaten personal bests set in time trial during qualifying too but these get lost as soon as I leave the session.

I keep all my times in my little black logbook !

Forza did great (if not too much) leaderboards.... GT were useless, as they recorded the best time per track... but with no mention of the car you did it on !

If you were designing a game like this, which is supposed to be "the best part of all driving games ever made".... wouldn't you look at all the previous classic games, and take the good and ignore the bad ????

It's not rocket science after all !!!

L/Boards are very sloppy.

beer_n_frites
22-05-2015, 12:37
I've not got any times recorded anywhere, TT, free practice or races

Turns out that only times in free practice and TT count towards personal bests. Race times don't seem to count towards anything and free practice doesn't count towards TT times. Seems like a strange way of doing things but at least now that I've worked it out I can work around it. It's a shame that you can't alter tune within TT section.

CopperySinger5
22-05-2015, 14:36
cannot end the session in trials mode, this is an offline feature not psn

flymar
22-05-2015, 14:43
Yes, Iīm seeing the same here (on PS4). No matter what you drive - practice runs, AI race or online race - there are no personal bests shown for the car/track combination. Kind of embarasing in a big new release, but I hope they will adress this issue soon.
Also strange: the locked setting to 250 laps in practice sessions. On the Nordschleife thats 7500KM... Thatīs nonsense. Why cant the laps be set like elsewhere?You didn't mention time trial. I'm pretty sure best time are only set there. Go to TT, show cycle lap info (upper right corner) and do some "green" laps.
Why would you limit free practise? It's free. You and a car and the track. To practise. You want to do certain number of laps choose Race weekend and 0 opponents.

twosox87
22-05-2015, 14:57
i have same problem on ps4. my lap times on driver network community events are never added to the leaderboard. really puts a damper on the mood... hopefully they will fix issue soon

twosox87
22-05-2015, 15:04
The devs would be wise to take a look at any of the last few Forza games to see how to do leaderboards.

yes. and also to see how to put together a kick a#$ community. i miss the auctions, artists, and tuners.

fabz
23-05-2015, 14:47
I am on PC and I never got any lap time recorded. it just sows the leaderboard best in races (top right corner)