PDA

View Full Version : Head tracking

WARDOGZ.UK
16-05-2015, 07:24
I noticed head tracking only works in helmet view, is there anyway you could make it useable in cockpit view as well, helmet view is too restricted imho.

Luke Townsend
16-05-2015, 13:46
I would love it to work in cockpit view too.

dantheo
19-05-2015, 23:50
I use TrackIR 5 with helmet view, and it works beautifully. You can turn off the helmet visor under settings, and also turn off depth of field blurring & all look-to-apex & view sliders too. Then just adjust your FOV for the helmet cam until you get what you want.

BillyD
05-06-2015, 19:43
I use TrackIR 5 with helmet view, and it works beautifully. You can turn off the helmet visor under settings, and also turn off depth of field blurring & all look-to-apex & view sliders too. Then just adjust your FOV for the helmet cam until you get what you want.

What do you set your FOV at for helmet cam? I used http://carsfov.moritzlawitschka.de/ which gave me a FOV setting of 36 and it feels very realistic for me. I have just setup my trackir and with the lower FOV setting it's like i'm actually sat behing the wheel.

dantheo
09-06-2015, 16:25
I'm running triple screens, so the FOV is much higher for me. Got it tweaked in the TrackIR profile so I can turn my head to look out the side windows whilst looking at the left & right windows. Makes up for nit having native triple screen support right now, love it!