PDA

View Full Version : Why is there smoke coming from the rear of my superkart at high speed?

danowat
16-05-2015, 07:24
As the title, it appears that once I reach a certain speed in the superkart, smoke starts coming out the back.

Is something rubbing on the tyre due to downforce or something?

MisterO
16-05-2015, 07:51
I noticed that yesterday when I was racing with RUF R8-GT3. One thing I noticed was that my water temperature was above 100 degrees celcius, so it might be worth it to check your water / oil temps.

danowat
16-05-2015, 07:57
Was happening on the first lap! :-/

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 08:05
hmm.. Sounds like an Issue that was solved with the Day 1 Patch if i remember correctly...

Danowat are you on the latest available Version?

If yes, please write down the Track aswell the Date of the Race and Time of Day.

Perhaps you found a combination with really hot Air and Tarmac Temperatures that can cause such a fault.

(Yes, because Project Cars does Simulate that many things, it can happen that a Car has a failure just because of unforgiving Temperatures on Track ;) )

danowat
16-05-2015, 08:22
Yes, latest PS4 version.

Donington National, free practice, 31st July 2015, 11am

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 08:28
Ok, happens to me also.... Seems that it's simply to hot for the Cart. :)

I will pass it to the Devs :)

danowat
16-05-2015, 08:35
Cheers

danowat
20-05-2015, 08:12
Just bumping this, as it's also an issue on Dubai in the superkart cup career race as well/

MrStef85
20-05-2015, 08:13
Never noticed that.

danowat
20-05-2015, 08:27
Never noticed that.

It's not just a visual issue either, it overheats and wears the LH rear tyre.

brooksy
20-05-2015, 11:12
I have seen it many times on a few tracks, I just thought it was motor smoke

I will take notes now on if I see it :cool:

Spirit X
20-05-2015, 11:35
In my SuperKart season, this happened on every track consistently once I got into top gear.

mister dog
08-12-2015, 16:33
In my SuperKart season, this happened on every track consistently once I got into top gear.
Same here, like you say it only seems to occur in the top gears on straights this trail of smoke coming from the rear tyres.
To me it doesn't seem like it's related to high temps, but more like the tyres are rubbing against the bodywork like the OP mentioned.

venquessa
08-12-2015, 16:52
Do the tyres change size in anyway with heat? The new tyre heating model may have affected things?

Felipe Becker
08-12-2015, 16:56
It also happens with both Lancers from DLC. Try doing a fast lap in Nordschleife in a hot day. You will get the smoke on first lap.

Gravit8
09-12-2015, 00:07
It would be awesome if devs can confirm this as motor smoke.
Pretty sure that's what it is.
How it could be a mystery to SMS is beyond me. But kind of par for course here.

Comes from up higher than wheels? And closely related to high engine rpm? It's motor smoke.
I just don't think they have a way to tie it to each cars tail pipe exit. Also, putting it in that location makes it visable in rear view, but I rarely notice it until replay. Had it in a formula rookie before so I'm Pretty sure it's not body rub.
Or maybe it's another mystery,

Who knows?
Que the crickets chirping. Can you hear them. Over the deafening silence?

ivan-hoe78
12-12-2015, 01:46
I have exactly the same issue since the release of the game. I've see it only in replays in superkarts. For me, the smoke it comes from a rear tyre. That same tyre during race is overheating.

I've started a new career recently, rebuilding the database of the PS4, reinstalling the game, new gamesave...and the smoke continues.

Pappa_Stig
12-12-2015, 02:39
I remember having this issue in Superkarts, and that was early on, possibly after the first patch. I haven't done Superkarts since, but it's kinda funny to see this is still happening. It's definitely rear tyres smoking, I tested it out on a number of tracks, and it's always at high speed and always rear tyres. Seems to accelerate wear too on the higher speed tracks, and after a while you'll have a loud annoying tyre screech going down the straights, which reminds me of old Gran Turismo games lol.

Don't expect a fix, the camber "fix" in 7.0 only affects top speeds, and apparently camber still doesn't affect lateral grip, and we've been waiting since the game came out for that to be fixed, and it's a massive problem to have in a realistic sim.