PDA

View Full Version : F1 and WRC

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 08:50
I hope to see SMS go after official F1 and WRC licences, and show codemasters how its done!

All cars/tracks including historical content, aswell as a car/track pack every year to add new season content.

Id love to hammer round a track in a 1960's race car with lamposts, trees, and straw bales wizzing past.

Patrick Kulinski
16-05-2015, 09:54
A short article regarding the F1 license can be found here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-16-codemasters-to-renew-f1-racing-license

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 09:58
A short article regarding the F1 license can be found here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-16-codemasters-to-renew-f1-racing-license

Thanks Patrick, fingers crossed for 2017 :)

Francorchamps
16-05-2015, 10:12
I'm not really sure if I would want the Formula 1 serie in SMS their hands. I love pCARS a lot but if I had bought this game because it would feature the F1 license I would have been very upset. When pCARS came out and I played it for few hours I went on to the codemasters forum to post that SMS just showed CM how it is done but after a week of pCARS i'm not sure anymore of that. The graphics, handling, physics of Codemasters is indeed not on par with what SMS delivers but Codemasters their games have a soul. Something SMS is not good at. You can see this in how the career has been handled in pCARS. There is no immersion, there is no story, it's just a calendar with some GP's on.

I think it's best that not all racing games come from the same developers. This keeps them on their toes. I'm also sure that because of pCARS the F1 2015 game will not live up to our expectations but I'm convinced Codemasters will surely will want to teach SMS a lesson with F1 2016. The race is on! :cool:

Mr Akina
16-05-2015, 10:18
F1 wouldn't allow their licence to appear alongside other kinds of racing. They're too big and important for that. It would need to be a standalone game. To be fair, Codemasters have done a great job with the F1 franchise.

lobosrul
16-05-2015, 15:25
After reading a few interviews and seeing some screens, I have high hopes for Codemaster F1 2015. Maybe after playing pCars for a month I'll be able to absolutely ace F1 2015 with its more simplistic physics engine. I'd also like to see them take pCars idea of having a career ladder system, especially now that the FIA have announced F2 is coming back. But as far as pCars getting the official liscense. I don't know. They'd really need to step things up in terms of presentation, with the career mode, interaction with the race engineer, etc. I'm not sure it'd be for the best.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 19:36
I think the clue is in the games title, lets hope all our dreams come true with the games expansion.

k.merse
21-05-2015, 20:29
I don't think that PCars would require any official F1 license. All they should do is add some extra chassis and engines to the Formula A grid and it would be perfect.