PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Issue: Stripes on areas like grass etc. Interference fringes?

dercin
16-05-2015, 09:27
Hello,

I have strong Interference fringes (lines) on grass, sand and other areas in some situations. The are moving with my perspective. And the disappear when I come closer. I have attached a screenshot to show it. They cover 1/3 of the screen.
I strongly noticed it on Brands Hatch Indy especially in my Renault Clio.

Do you also have this problem? I don't think its normal...
Greetings
Nico

Ironfistedmonk
16-05-2015, 14:19
I get that sometimes on Brands Hatch

Pirategenius
16-05-2015, 15:56
I only get it at brands if its sunny and the image is very grainy, Otherwise it's fine

ItzL0L
16-05-2015, 16:28
I was actually just logging in to check to see if anyone else had this issue. Happens for me as well, on Brands Hatch. I dont think Ive noticed it anywhere else....its particularly bad also just after the start/finish line as you make the right hand corner and head down hill.

dvc
16-05-2015, 16:40
Same at Brands Hatch. less pronounced in some other places

dercin
16-05-2015, 18:05
Okay thanks for your reply. Hope they will fix it. After I noticed it I stared the whole race onto these moving patterns...

hitmanvega
17-05-2015, 10:42
Same problem. Also on other tracks. Mostly when sunny.

Fre.Mo
17-05-2015, 12:27
I noticed also that and I don t like it.

rosco1uk
17-05-2015, 16:33
yes I get the same thing on Brands Hatch Plus on Donington Park on our way up to the top of the hill. I'm in the Ginetta series at the moments

ivan-hoe78
17-05-2015, 23:07
I'm having something similar with the tire marks on asphalt. Like a strange texture, and when I am near, this "texture" over the mark disappear, but the marks left.

AlpenoStrand
18-05-2015, 08:22
Saw the same while I was doing the Clio career. Stopped playing at the moment until a bug fix is released for my wheel.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 08:38
I didn't noticed this.

FoxMulder
18-05-2015, 15:56
Same thing happened at Spa Francorchamps online race (PS4 Digital)

Ironfistedmonk
18-05-2015, 16:12
I've seen it at Zolder and Donington too now

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 19:10
I didn't noticed this.

You dont notice much do you, you might have vision issues. You should go get that checked out.

BTW ive seen this issue, seems like its a side effect on the effects used in the game, or it could be a issue with one of those effects.

It almost looks like z-fighting in a way (but I know its not), but with a whole area in the distance being effected.

Skeme_DBT
19-05-2015, 02:18
Yeah, I noticed it too when I first got the game.
Havent noticed it since though, as I havent been looking for it, or Ive just got used to it.
Hopefully its something they can fix.

LeMansIndy500
19-05-2015, 22:51

Same thing here at Cadwell GP. Running in free practice mode with the Alpine A450.

Time: 1900 on 5 July 2015, real time progression
Weather: Clear

All graphics options are on or on maximum setting. The only thing not activated is Vignette.

@Elmo Just for your info so that devs can be made aware it isn't just Brands Hatch that the issues are occuring.

LeMansIndy500
20-05-2015, 19:08
Just done some more races today with the same settings and the lines appear on a lot more tracks. I did try Cadwell at 1400 and the lines disappeared.

I also tried the lowest visual settings and it didn't stop the lines appearing. Has anybody got any idea what is causing this?

LazJones
20-05-2015, 19:16
I'm usually driving to fast to give a monkeys what the grass is doing ? lol:cool:

LeMansIndy500
20-05-2015, 19:48
I'm usually driving to fast to give a monkeys what the grass is doing ? lol:cool:

I wish it were the same for me. Now I know it is there I can't help but notice it :-(

Stephen Viljoen
27-05-2015, 14:41
This is an unfortunate side effect of how our shadow system works and is a 'fallout' of having a 24H light cycle system, which is why it only shows up this noticeably at certain times of day. We will continue to improve these aspects of our render engine, but it's not a bug per se.

Fanatest
27-05-2015, 17:50
This is an unfortunate side effect of how our shadow system works and is a 'fallout' of having a 24H light cycle system, which is why it only shows up this noticeably at certain times of day. We will continue to improve these aspects of our render engine, but it's not a bug per se.

Hi,
Thanks for the Information it's great to know this is known (thanks for replying) :)
I posted a video of the shadows loading (or disappearing) as you drive toward them, it's very very distracting.

However...
Is there a reason why this effect does not show up on the XBO under the same conditions? Same time, same track, same car, same weather, same gfx settings etc?

I can (I may already have I'll check) post a video demonstrating this if this would help?

LeMansIndy500
04-09-2015, 12:12
Have there been any updates to this? It seems as though it is getting worse. The last I knew it was a known issue but was wondering if anything else has come out of it?

Sankyo
04-09-2015, 12:36
Have there been any updates to this? It seems as though it is getting worse. The last I knew it was a known issue but was wondering if anything else has come out of it?
See the dev answer two postings above yours, it's something inherent to the rendering engine, not a real bug. Whether the devs will be able to improve it we'll have to see, but it doesn't have high priority.

arthurino
05-09-2015, 19:29
Its a bit distracting to say the least. The dancing shadows remind me of old neon signs flashing on and off. Hope they find a solution though the other aspects of the game more than make up for the issue.

Tim Mann
05-09-2015, 19:36
It's to do with shadow depth biasing and slope scale. Stephen is right, it's a bit of a fine balancing act, as something that works great with a long evening shadow can have bad effects with a sharp midday shadow. I see some times and dates already mentioned, but if one of the mods wants to collate a collection I'll look over it again. Important thing is the track, date and time of day, nothing else will effect it.

Fre.Mo
05-09-2015, 20:12
I always notice this phenomenon on Spa track.

Flaw3dGenius
06-09-2015, 01:02
I always notice this phenomenon on Spa track.

I find Brands Hatch is the worst!

Lars Rosenquist
06-09-2015, 08:03
Keep Tims request in mind, mentioning the track alone is not enough and doesn't help. Report track + date + time of day of occurrence.

Important thing is the track, date and time of day, nothing else will effect it.

I also so mention of this not happening on Xbox One? I know it happens also on PC, so would be surprised if it doesn't on Xbox One (unless it maybe uses a different shadow code for performance reasons).

Fanatest
06-09-2015, 19:20
It's to do with shadow depth biasing and slope scale. Stephen is right, it's a bit of a fine balancing act, as something that works great with a long evening shadow can have bad effects with a sharp midday shadow. I see some times and dates already mentioned, but if one of the mods wants to collate a collection I'll look over it again. Important thing is the track, date and time of day, nothing else will effect it.

It would be great to reduce it (by any means possible / without reducing or negatively affecting GFX in other ways) as it's very distracting.

For me, the waffle shadows are very apparent at 17:00 / light cloud on most tracks (particularly tracks with grassy areas)

In a similar vein, is there a way to avoids shadows loading just a few feet in front of you, as you move forward? Watching shadows appear in lines/chunks etc as you drive forward is also very off putting.

For example, at any time of day if you drive toward turn 1 at Monaco and watch the house on the corner (and the buildings up the hill) you can see the shadow layer loading/overlay the objects just a few feet in front as you progress. Having this increased would also be very beneficial if possible.

Ben_Rogue
24-09-2015, 09:03
I'm not sure if this is a normal issue on PS4 with P.Cars but it is very distracting. It shows up on most tracks as dark lines on the track/track-side, buildings, etc. I originally spotted it quite some time back but have been trying to ignore it, but it just looks awful! It's more noticeable while playing, it doesn't show up very well in the images... Is it a post-processing setting issue or completely normal?

See images below:

Bealdor
24-09-2015, 09:07