PDA

View Full Version : PS4 controller issue

Protagonist
16-05-2015, 10:19
Hello!

I'm having a pretty irritating time with the manual gear box, for what ever reason it keeps skipping gears. It doesn't just skip 1 gear for example; I could be approaching a turn in 4th, press the button to switch down a gear and it selects 1st gear!!!!
:mad: As you can imagine this completely f's up my race. :mad:
It happens every single time I've tried to play, not on every turn but at least once per race.

I have made sure the settings are correct, as you can change gears when in auto, but it's definitely set to manual. I've tried changing the controllers sensitivity but nothing works. Is it some sort of gear selection assist or something?! Can I turn it off?. The way it is now it's almost unplayable for me.

I'm not sure what to do about it other than play using auto, which kinda sucks. :(

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 10:24
Hmm, that doesn't happen on my PS4 with my DS4...

Please have a look if you have Auto Clutch to On. <- (Default)

And be sure that you don't have the 1st Gear mapped on a Button... Also be sure that neither Ignition or Start Engine is mapped.

Protagonist
16-05-2015, 10:36
My shift up and down buttons are not mapped to anything else, i just checked. Auto clutch is set to yes, it's greyed out with a padlock.

I'm not using the default controller settings. I've mapped shift up to square and shift down to X. I might try a different set up or something.

It's kinda weird though, the HUD disappeared yesterday yet I have nothing mapped to do that. It's like it's pressing functions randomly sometimes.

If a different set up doesn't improve things I might try a fresh instal. If no one else seems to have this problem some thing has gone wrong at my end.

nolag
16-05-2015, 12:33
You are not the only one. For me it happened only twice in a few hours and then it only skipped one gear during upshift. I have mapped upshift to X and downshift to square. A few days ago I watched a ps4 twitch stream where an unintentional double upshift happened twice during an online race on the Nordschleife. The player then added that this has happened before a few times on other tracks too. He also has upshift on X and downshift on square. For me this looks like the X button is a bit wonky on the ds4.

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 18:38
You are not the only one. For me it happened only twice in a few hours and then it only skipped one gear during upshift. I have mapped upshift to X and downshift to square. A few days ago I watched a ps4 twitch stream where an unintentional double upshift happened twice during an online race on the Nordschleife. The player then added that this has happened before a few times on other tracks too. He also has upshift on X and downshift on square. For me this looks like the X button is a bit wonky on the ds4.

It happens to me using R1 and L1 to shift.

lordymatsuo
11-06-2015, 07:59
Has this been resolved in the 1.4 patch?

This has been reported by a lot of players and the last I seen from the dev's was that they are putting it down to "Tiered Hardware" I have tested this on my original DS4 and a brand new DS4 and it still happens.

This is game breaking as it happens almost every race and if it happens in the wrong place your spinning out and your race is over.