PDA

View Full Version : Please do something about multiplayer!

xX_PHLOX_Xx
16-05-2015, 10:44
I'm new to racing games but am loving pcars. Only problem is that there is hardly any point playing online. First corner crash fest, then for the rest of the race whenever you overtake someone they purposefully ram you.

There must be some way to allow online to have good, clean and fair races not spoilt by ramming idiots? I would almost go as far as a ghost mode, but this would lose some of the excitement.

Perhaps the game could log the number of front end collisions you have and use this to match rammers with other players who frequently hit things with the front of their car?

Anybody else got good ideas?

VR-42
16-05-2015, 11:00
Have a look at VRroom.org
We run clean racing

LazJones
16-05-2015, 11:03
Set your online lobby preference to Pro and look for races with full damage, real tyre, real fuel and the appropriate assists locked off. Look for races that have practise and qualifying periods, the crash and bash players cant be bothered to play for 25 minutes without racing so this helps out a bit.

lordymatsuo
16-05-2015, 13:00
Set your online lobby preference to Pro and look for races with full damage, real tyre, real fuel and the appropriate assists locked off. Look for races that have practise and qualifying periods, the crash and bash players cant be bothered to play for 25 minutes without racing so this helps out a bit.

This is real logic however as I just posted a thread about the poor multiplayer search functionality it is annoying having to keep hopping in and out of sessions to find ones with those settings you mention. We should be able to search and say the following

Qualifying = YES / NO
Damage = YES / NO
Tyre Wear = YES / NO
Assists = YES / NO (Personally I'd like an option to search for all assists off so I'm racing like minded racers

I'd also like to see it clearer what skill level are racers in my lobby, currently I think the skill level is utter useless as it doesn't display anywhere either as a level "Novice, Amateur, Pro" or as a number indicator like level 0 - 50. If I join a lobby and I could see what level people were I'd know if I wanted to stay but there are so many features missing which were promised, see my full list here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25664-Mutliplayer-needs-massive-improvements&p=916578#post916578

Unfortunately I don't have any real life friends who have bought the game so that option of racing with just friends is out the window and I a have to race with unknown people with unknown skill.

SnakeEyesX80
16-05-2015, 13:08
My first MP race was like that as well, sadly. As soon as I left the pits some person ram the back of my car and spun me out. Of course he didn't lose control and took off. I only gained 1 or 2 places that race because of them. It is annoying.

I like to race clean only with the occasional bump, but not on purpose. If I do accidentally spin someone, I'll wait and let them get their place back, not just take off. So if you're looking to have a good race add me on PSN, SnakeEyesX80.

ChrisK
16-05-2015, 13:55
Unfortunately I don't have any real life friends who have bought the game so that option of racing with just friends is out the window and I a have to race with unknown people with unknown skill.

You don't need real life friends who own the game. There are loads of threads here asking for clean racers, you just add them as friends in psn and set up games with them in private rooms.

hkraft300
16-05-2015, 14:41

I'll be your friend

dvc
16-05-2015, 16:39
I'll be your friend

Awww. Thats cute ;)

but seriously add me too matt_dvc

stalksey
16-05-2015, 17:28
I'm having this trouble too. Even when I do a 25 minute qualifying, someone rammed me straight on the start. Then, as I made my way to the back of the pack, overtook 2nd to last, he deliberatly steered into me and took me off :mad:

I noticed in the Driver Network area, it says 'penalties' under 'driver reputation'. Is this a redundant feature at the minute or do people need to search for lobbies that include penalties etc??

dvc
16-05-2015, 20:07
I'm having this trouble too. Even when I do a 25 minute qualifying, someone rammed me straight on the start. Then, as I made my way to the back of the pack, overtook 2nd to last, he deliberatly steered into me and took me off :mad:

I noticed in the Driver Network area, it says 'penalties' under 'driver reputation'. Is this a redundant feature at the minute or do people need to search for lobbies that include penalties etc??

Look what Id like to see in game. And host sets the limit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rainPNJ5WxJSjDNGdo8dHh-kzYANb9fAzUXWWeI-e1o/edit?pli=1#gid=0

WuTangWindu
16-05-2015, 20:19
WuTangWindu. Add me. Full real clean racer!

Pink_650S
16-05-2015, 20:47

You're in the PS4 section.

dvc
16-05-2015, 21:52

It doesn't even sound real tbh :rolleyes:

stalksey
16-05-2015, 22:13
@dvc That would be a good feature to set this. It will surely be implemented in future. I've accidentally caused a few accidents so far and not been penalised at all for them :eek-new: that's why I wondered whether it was even working at the minute

Mikey2
16-05-2015, 23:26
There is a group on Facebook with like minded people. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Armchair-Racing-Network/438677092972538

IrideGravity
17-05-2015, 00:43
This is real logic however as I just posted a thread about the poor multiplayer search functionality it is annoying having to keep hopping in and out of sessions to find ones with those settings you mention. We should be able to search and say the following

Qualifying = YES / NO
Damage = YES / NO
Tyre Wear = YES / NO
Assists = YES / NO (Personally I'd like an option to search for all assists off so I'm racing like minded racers

I'd also like to see it clearer what skill level are racers in my lobby, currently I think the skill level is utter useless as it doesn't display anywhere either as a level "Novice, Amateur, Pro" or as a number indicator like level 0 - 50. If I join a lobby and I could see what level people were I'd know if I wanted to stay but there are so many features missing which were promised, see my full list here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25664-Mutliplayer-needs-massive-improvements&p=916578#post916578

Good stuff^^
This is the simplest fix I could think of and it works in GTA5. Haha ;) How about a meter that turns red with the more incidents you're involved in. Like when you murder someone in gta5. You turn slightly pinkish and gradually darker on your player icon so people immediately recognize you. Already implemented elsewhere. Simple counter. But I doub..........;