PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need tyre wear markers. development please read.

wraithsrike
16-05-2015, 11:08
This game desperately needs a tyre wear icon, as it stands I've got no idea what condition my tyre's are in so no clue when to pit or if I need to spend valuable time changeing my tyre's and my race engineer is next to unless telling me nothing informative.

zorranco-
16-05-2015, 11:12
Indeed

macto
16-05-2015, 11:20
If you're on PC, I recommend dashmeterpro, tells you everything you need to know. The brake temps come in handy for the LMP1's.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensadigit.dashmeterforacpc

wraithsrike
16-05-2015, 11:46
If you're on PC, I recommend dashmeterpro, tells you everything you need to know. The brake temps come in handy for the LMP1's.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensadigit.dashmeterforacpc

Xbox budd, something as little as a wear icon should really be ingame, as it stands my buddy has just pitted on.lap 30 but had no idea whether to change his tyre's or not. We get no.info from our race engineer and don't know what cocondition the tyre's are in so we opted to change sooner that than 3-4 laps after the pit they Start letting go and we have to pit again.
But this is silly it would only take a little icon.

macto
16-05-2015, 11:56
Yeah it's weird how the information is there in the game, it must be to communicate it to the app but there's no way of customising the information in game to show it on screen.

Not to make you console players jealous but there's all sorts of information available in the app - some of the ones that are really useful: fuel consumption per lap, fuel required to finish race, oil temps, tyres info, water temp.

Smegsterman
16-05-2015, 12:02
Yeah it's weird how the information is there in the game, it must be to communicate it to the app but there's no way of customising the information in game to show it on screen.

Not to make you console players jealous but there's all sorts of information available in the app - some of the ones that are really useful: fuel consumption per lap, fuel required to finish race, oil temps, tyres info, water temp.

I use pcars dash which is similar but do agree its fairly urgent addition, makes endurance hard to do.

Kitt
16-05-2015, 12:13

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensadigit.dashmeterforacpc Are these easy to install to the game..never used one before,but could do with having it

wraithsrike
16-05-2015, 12:32
I think a lot has been forgotten for the console version's, but this is a must have, and that race engineer what a total waste of space he is, he gives absolutely no useful information about what's going on with the car at all.

I hope the developers look at threads like this and make some much needed changes

Haiden
16-05-2015, 13:33
Totally agree! It should be in-game. A little icon above the current tyre temp icons. Or, even better, make those icons pull double duty. Use color for temp and texture for wear. Have them get grainier and grainier looking or speckled as they go bad. Either of those options would be stellar. But if they want to go the quick and cheap route, they could just have the engineer call it. At least you'd know.

Vilsui
16-05-2015, 14:01

Not to make you console players jealous but there's all sorts of information available in the app - some of the ones that are really useful: fuel consumption per lap, fuel required to finish race, oil temps, tyres info, water temp. These should really be in the game. But I'm pretty confident that these are coming in future updates.

dyr_gl
16-05-2015, 14:19
Also there should totally be a "recommended strategy" from the engineer based on tyre life and race lenght.

For fuel calculations a couple of laps in free practice can do the trick, but I donīt want to run two-three race distances on different strategies to know if they are any good.

macto
16-05-2015, 14:31
Are these easy to install to the game..never used one before,but could do with having it

Dead easy, it just uses your local ip address of each device to communicate with each other. There's full set up instructions. I wanted to show it a mate so made a quick vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dawNT9CoJ5I