PDA

View Full Version : ps4 ghosting/blur

Rarefaktion
16-05-2015, 11:50
There appears to be a horrible ghosting /blurring effect on the Ps4 version of the game that makes playing very difficult. As well as making it super ugly.They need to remove it asap.

Other bugs include cars hitting the pit wall exit at azure gp circuit while the cp is controlling and audio randomly cuts out and having to restart to get it back.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 12:10
I think this has been discussed already and I'm pretty sure the developers are aware and working on a fix?

joridiculous
16-05-2015, 16:31
They call AA. And from what ive read / understood its no plan in removing it as its by design.
Horrible design decision. Gameplay is ugly and replays are useless as you cant see anything but a blurry mess :/

Funny to look at the screenshot on PS-store and NONE of them have any blur what so ever.

HarryHoodlum
16-05-2015, 16:38
I don't mind it. The explanation can be summed up as "instead of having lots of aliasing on narrow, distant objects, we opted to use this effect to keep the objects in the world visible and reduce the amount of aliasing on the horizon"

Basically they opted for the more functional approach instead of having lots of aliasing and pop-in as you approach objects at high speeds. There are some fidelity issues that I think could be ironed out, where on a particular turn there's always a frame rate drop or a but of screen tearing. For the most part the graphics in the game are very consistent for me though.

joridiculous
16-05-2015, 16:48
Compere it with Xbone.

novcze
16-05-2015, 17:14
it's known issue (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PS4)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-15-05) and they are working on an option to remove ghosting or set intensity, there is also whole thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21863-Ghosting-Issue) about it

novcze
16-05-2015, 17:21
I don't mind it. The explanation can be summed up as "instead of having lots of aliasing on narrow, distant objects, we opted to use this effect to keep the objects in the world visible and reduce the amount of aliasing on the horizon"

Yes, if you smear everything into blurry mess no shimmering can be seen in the distance ... well done SMS, clever ... err, actually no.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 17:22
Surely this is a bug not a desired effect otherwise it would be on the xbone and PC and from what I understand its only on PS4? It just looks a mess to my eyes and personally I'd like it to look cleaner without the blur. Giving player the option of blur on or off seems a good option to me.

jimclark62
16-05-2015, 18:26
ive already posted a thread tell everyone how to fix the problem of ghosting. it seems that no-one has bothered to read it

nolag
16-05-2015, 18:53
It is true that increasing the FOV in the camera settings (as jim suggests in his thread) improves the ghosting a bit as it reduces the distance between the 2 images. I set "World Movement" to 0 and "High Speed Shake" off in the "Camera/Movement", because they tend to amplify the effect. This helps a bit and makes it bearable for me. It is how the antialiasing works currently so you won't be able to get rid of it. This definitely needs an option so it can be switched off.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 19:02
ive already posted a thread tell everyone how to fix the problem of ghosting. it seems that no-one has bothered to read it

That's great thanks, but its a work around and we are after a solution or option to turn it off.