PDA

View Full Version : Custom painting for PS4?

GrepuS
16-05-2015, 12:07
Anyone knows if you can do customs for PS4? or if it will be possible in a near future?

Thanks.

FA RACING 01
18-05-2015, 08:15
As far as I know it's limited to PC only, well for now anyway. Would also love it on console.

hkraft300
18-05-2015, 18:09
Don't care if we can't have a paint shop to make liveries in the console version.

Community DLCs maybe ?

Scoobydude46
19-05-2015, 19:58
Would be great to see the best paint liveries as a monthly free DLC in the future on PS4

S2000Will
21-05-2015, 08:52
Surely something like this could be implemented for the console versions. I remember 4x4 Evolution for the Sega Dreamcast console would let you create tracks and car modifications on the computer and then allow you to bring it into the console game

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 08:53
I would love to have a livery editor.

inkster
24-05-2015, 05:15
Surely something like this could be implemented for the console versions. I remember 4x4 Evolution for the Sega Dreamcast console would let you create tracks and car modifications on the computer and then allow you to bring it into the console game

That's actually a good idea. Building an in-game paint editor is not something devs can do quickly. Maybe let gamers transfer liveries from PC via USB in the mean time.

booboo640
26-05-2015, 09:59
That would be awesome if that came to be, you get my vote!

Ryno917
26-05-2015, 13:33
Getting mods onto consoles is a legal minefield - that's part of the reason so few games do it. SMS is a relatively small team, and so don't have the resources to dedicate to a console-based editor like in Forza, either.

At this point, I think a monthly community livery DLC is a great idea. Console users can paint liveries and have a PC user put it on the car and take pictures from every angle so they can evaluate the alignment and make changes. It's a paint in the arse, but that's the best we're going to get for pCARS 1.

jimmyb_84
26-05-2015, 13:52
Getting mods onto consoles is a legal minefield - that's part of the reason so few games do it. SMS is a relatively small team, and so don't have the resources to dedicate to a console-based editor like in Forza, either.

At this point, I think a monthly community livery DLC is a great idea. Console users can paint liveries and have a PC user put it on the car and take pictures from every angle so they can evaluate the alignment and make changes. It's a paint in the arse, but that's the best we're going to get for pCARS 1.

That is the thought I had, I have requested a few liveries, one has been created and looks great (see below)
I hope that it would be included in any next livery pack. Just for further info the driver loved it and so did his management, who have since downloaded it for the PC version (I don't think they have any license problems).

I have requested 3 different Aston liveries but I may have a go myself with help of Gimp(free) and the tutorials on the forum) I wouldn't mind a livery pack every month or so, or even a way to send livery files to the game if not an actual editor within the game.

Ryno917
26-05-2015, 14:41
If the team is open to licensing the livery, it might possibly show up at some point. Maybe make a dedicated thread inquiring about it to get SMS' attention? Otherwise any DLC livery packs will be all fictional liveries (like the last one was). Everything real needs to be licensed - though, of course, getting the license is not outside the realms of possibility.

jimmyb_84
26-05-2015, 15:11
If the team is open to licensing the livery, it might possibly show up at some point. Maybe make a dedicated thread inquiring about it to get SMS' attention? Otherwise any DLC livery packs will be all fictional liveries (like the last one was). Everything real needs to be licensed - though, of course, getting the license is not outside the realms of possibility.

I've sent a enquiry email to his management, pending the response I may contact SMS and the original artist (which wasn't me)

nG_G_Son
07-06-2015, 00:02
Hi everyone,

A quite interesting thread in there with the PS4 Community. I'm a part of it and IMO (and the opinion of all my camrades) it's a very very good idea with the help of PC Gamers who could show us some "previews" of our work. But first I've to learn about how to do it properly with your great Tutorial Ryno917 (thanks for that).
Licensing and creating monthly liveries community DLC's would be great for the PS4 community I guess.

Thanks for opening that kind of thread and for sending a mail jimmy ! ^_^
Great Week end

djdavedoc
07-06-2015, 16:50
Surely this could be done on the PC and then uploaded to a cloud based service and then downloaded to the PS4? A bit like EA Sports do with the GameFace stuff for FIFA etc.?