PDA

View Full Version : Pitstopstrategie. where can i see the condition of my tires in race?

LextersQuest
16-05-2015, 12:29
I was in carreer race main race 41laps gt3. (witch ended in a freeze up again:mad:)
Made 2 pit strategie, one for changing to medium tires and one for incase it would rain so wets.

Now at the end of lap 2 the engineer already sugesting to pit.
I started my race on hard tires.
Why is he already calling me in?
Where can i see myself what state my tyres are in. Like a % telling me condition of tires?

Initia1 B
16-05-2015, 12:58
Botton right corner of your hud next to gear selected, pretty basic blue=cold, green=optimum temp/condition, red=overheated/damaged/in need of replacements. There may be better info using the telemetry system (keep pressing left on d-pad to cycle hud) but I've all on keeping some cars on track nevermind trying to check telemetry at the same time. Your pit engineer will tell you when your pit 'window' is open aswell as calling you in for repairs, fuel, tyres etc. Also keep in mind that tyre pressure can have an effect on tyre wear, so if your tuning your cars be weary of extremes when it comes to tyre pressure.

HEF51
16-05-2015, 15:47
I was in carreer race main race 41laps gt3. (witch ended in a freeze up again:mad:)
Made 2 pit strategie, one for changing to medium tires and one for incase it would rain so wets.

Now at the end of lap 2 the engineer already sugesting to pit.
I started my race on hard tires.
Why is he already calling me in?
Where can i see myself what state my tyres are in. Like a % telling me condition of tires?

Because that career you are doing requires a mandatory pitstop I believe. He will always come on at lap 2 and everytime after to remind you. Yes it is really annoying but gotta remind the people that forget.