PDA

View Full Version : Setup advice

Raeang
16-05-2015, 13:00
Hi All, A quck question for racers in the know. Is it correct to say u can tune certain settings for a car that will work for ever track. Then, when racing on specific tracks u can then fine tune for that particular track. My intentions ( and I'm a complete begginer) are to pick one track and tune each car for the obvious like oversteer under steer etc etc. I'm thinking that these types of tunning requirements are car specific not track specific. Am I off here? Cheers!!

Srt8 300c
16-05-2015, 13:20
You could produce a general tune on a car that can be run on every track but it will be average accross the board.
For example some tracks have longer straights than others, therefore a tune with a higher gear advantage will have the advantage on the straights.
Some tracks are reasonably flat where others have lots of crests and undulations.
some tracks are flowing whereas others are a lot tighter and twisty.
As a beginner i would reccomend setting a general tune up for a car that can be driven on the majority of tracks consistantly.
Once you get the hang of what tune on the car does then progress to setting the car up for that particular track!!
Spend your practice tinkering and in no time you will be breaking your pb's

Also swing by the tuning guides on the forum because they are very good at answering faq and explaing in depth the tuning options
:)

Raeang
16-05-2015, 13:53
Thanks...I agree on that approach. What a fantastic game!!!