PDA

View Full Version : What's your heart rate playing this sim?

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 15:41
My hear rate maxes out at 145 going uphill on my bike.

There's a guy in a porsche gt3 car at today's nurburgring 24 hr race hitting 150!?

Jeeze... That must be real scarey....!?

That's a pushbike BTW!

Joao
16-05-2015, 16:00

There's a guy in a porsche gt3 car at today's nurburgring 24 hr race hitting 150!?

Its not fear, I believe. Its the both the psychological and physical demanding aspect of races. Closer to tension and stress. A F1 racer, looses as much water through perspiration as a futebol player. Even if you ignore the tension that comes from the competitive will to win, the physical effort alone is brutal. So, you have a point there, this is something that makes all this "sims" just a game, but even so I bet that in some races you will have your heart out of your mouth.

MaXKiLLz
16-05-2015, 16:03
Not sure about my heart rate, but the bugs definitely make my blood pressure go up.

centurian
16-05-2015, 16:27
Here's quite a setup complete with heart monitor. Not sure I'd want to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9Uv1lJBBw

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 17:10
My heart rate is certainly higher than my frame rate.... I'm so looking forward to upgrading my pc.

This may be the sim that finally pushes me over the edge to melt my credit card....!

PeteUplink
16-05-2015, 17:54
Occasionally my adrenaline will rise when I'm really pushing to catch a car ahead, but when I'm in the zone, setting consistent lap times and driving well within myself I'm pretty relaxed.

hkraft300
17-05-2015, 03:10
Occasionally my adrenaline will rise when I'm really pushing to catch a car ahead, but when I'm in the zone, setting consistent lap times and driving well within myself I'm pretty relaxed.

The way to be.

When I'm pushing hard I eventually get erratic and make mistakes. Sometimes I just have to calm down, focus and bring the aggression down a touch.

You may think you're calm - and you are, with controlled breathing and being "in the zone," but your heart rate could be >100 bpm you wouldn't know it.

NVI0U5
17-05-2015, 03:26
If Im in front of a #1 LB time my heart rate goes up I'd be keen to see how high it goes

rolandk10
17-05-2015, 03:29
My heart rate is certainly higher than my frame rate.... I'm so looking forward to upgrading my pc.

This may be the sim that finally pushes me over the edge to melt my credit card....!

LOL. That was funny

I just upgraded yesterday from a HD7950 to a gtx970 because of this game. Made a big difference.

DoodlesSWE
17-05-2015, 03:39

That's a pushbike BTW!

One guy hit 170bpm on the 24h Nürburgring. I'm usually quite calm so i'm not getting that stressed. But i also done sim racing for many years.

X Gabe 62 X
17-05-2015, 14:23
The only time i care is online. I have been known to get quite aggitated.

170 bpm huh? I'd be in a body bag after that!

Its been numerous decades since anythings got me that excited.... 8-)