PDA

View Full Version : BMW Driver with Audi Gloves ???

MaXKiLLz
16-05-2015, 16:01
Why is my BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 driver wearing Audi gloves? Did he lose his?
http://i.imgur.com/ZXsT58t.jpg

Oh SMS, what a tangled web you weave:
http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/vo51181,1273965681,facepalm-picard.jpg

F1_Racer68
16-05-2015, 17:41
Yep, I also noticed that in career mode, my in car driver is wearing a different suit/gloves during every SESSION. Not just from one race weekend to the next, but from practice to qualifying to race 1 to race 2. It's not impacting my enjoyment of the game, but it is rather amusing...... since I am racing for a specific team, I would expect to be wearing a team suit for each and every race.

MaXKiLLz
18-05-2015, 04:55
Just got done running Formula C and again the driver was wearing Audi gloves.

http://i.imgur.com/CS3Chqx.jpg

TenthDan
18-05-2015, 05:31
The teams you race for aren't picky about sponsorship, unlike real life :p

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 08:50
Why is this thread even in the Tech Support section of the forum?

BTW, It should be obvious by now the game currently selects a random driver suit/helmet at the start of every session. Been that way forever.

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 08:52

Good point. Moved to General Discussion

Pete

LeadingEdge
18-05-2015, 10:14

BTW, It should be obvious by now the game currently selects a random driver suit/helmet at the start of every session. Been that way forever.

Just because it's always been that way doesn't make it right.

As above, I also agree that if the game allows me to sign up to a team, I should be in their overalls / sponsors on show.

Not game breaking, but a niggle non the less.

MaXKiLLz
18-05-2015, 13:10

It's in tech support because it's a bug that needs fixing. Many of the problems in this game have "been that way forever". Not sure how that statement is even relevant. :confused:

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 13:25
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. We noted this at some of the development timeline meetings but decided to keep it in because it was funny.

Yours in sport,

dwaynetheBLADE

jpmmuc
18-05-2015, 13:46

That doesn't make it better ... been that way forever is no real argument.
It's interesting that a lot of the yellow names think, that what they approved has to be found acceptable by all.

OppaErich
18-05-2015, 13:47
Anyone knows Audi makes the best... You seem to have graphical issues too, your race track looks like grass. :P

MaXKiLLz
18-05-2015, 13:51
You seem to have graphical issues too, your race track looks like grass. :P

BTW, It should be obvious by now the game currently selects a random track surface at the start of every session. Been that way forever. :D

Vicious13
18-05-2015, 16:50
Custom outfit issue like female driver avatar issue.
It's very important to some people.
But it never be a first line in todo list.

Mr Akina
18-05-2015, 18:09
You'd get a faster resolution to this matter if your sent the problem directly to BMW. I'm sure this is in violation of their licensing.

Smidgey87
18-05-2015, 18:22
Had this exact same issue. Seem to be wearing the Audi overalls all the time other than when I actually drive the Audi.

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 09:07
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. We noted this at some of the development timeline meetings but decided to keep it in because it was funny.

Yours in sport,

dwaynetheBLADE

Are you a WMD member?

I believe its randomly generated (the driver/helmet/gloves) but let me check.

Pete

ahojekk
19-05-2015, 11:28
Had the same issue with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, driver was wearing Audi gloves also.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 11:29
There's an easy fix to this bug. Remove the Audi logo from the gloves in a future patch.

Mascot
19-05-2015, 11:31
The design of the overalls for the pit man (and probably, the forthcoming pit crew) can make him look like he's got a realllly narrow waist in some pit lanes. It's the white stripes down the sides, I think.

Arkymedes
19-05-2015, 12:04
It's sad when someone points out a legitimate bug (yes, it IS a bug) in the game and help the community and the OP is treated like a "dumbass" by the moderators for not realizing that "been that way forever".

Disgraceful.

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 12:33
It's sad when someone points out a legitimate bug (yes, it IS a bug) in the game and help the community and the OP is treated like a "dumbass" by the moderators for not realizing that "been that way forever".

Disgraceful.

How do you know its a bug? It could have been a design decision to randomly generate the driver and not care what texture is displayed.

Pete

Arkymedes
19-05-2015, 12:38
Alright, so now we are drifting into "design decisions" to excuse anything that is inconsistent with real life?

Isn't this game supposed to be a simulator? How a driver with Audi gloves drives a BMW? Have you ever seen one?

Look, I do believe there are many aspects that are cause for debate in this game and falls into the "design decisions" but I sincerely do not think this is one. It's a minor bug, but a bug nevertheless. Or you can call it laziness, it works as well.

Mr Akina
19-05-2015, 12:41
As I said, knowing BMW, I'm sure this would be a licensing issue too.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:45
How do you know its a bug? It could have been a design decision to randomly generate the driver and not care what texture is displayed.

Pete

Anyone with common sense and intelligence knows this is not correct. It's fine if the game generates random textures for the driver's outfit, including gloves. But displaying Audi gloves on a BMW driver, or any other driver that's not driving an Audi car, is not correct. No matter the reason. As another user pointed out, it's probably in violation of BMW's and Audi's licensing agreements with SMS.

Flihp
19-05-2015, 12:56
Upon reading this thread, Bernie along with the FIA has ordered a rule change for this coming weekend at the Monaco GP. All drivers are expected to swap overalls and gloves prior to the formation lap. This should boost entertainment amongst the team sponsors . :p

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:58
Upon reading this thread, Bernie along with the FIA has ordered a rule change for this coming weekend at the Monaco GP. All drivers are expected to swap overalls and gloves prior to the formation lap. This should boost entertainment amongst the team sponsors . :p

LOL! By the way, thanks for making me aware of the Monaco race this coming weekend. I don't follow F1 much these days, but Monaco is one of my favorite tracks.

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 13:01
Anyone with common sense and intelligence knows this is not correct. It's fine if the game generates random textures for the driver's outfit, including gloves. But displaying Audi gloves on a BMW driver, or any other driver that's not driving an Audi car, is not correct. No matter the reason. As another user pointed out, it's probably in violation of BMW's and Audi's licensing agreements with SMS.

I've reached out to WMD for an answer. It might get flagged as feature suggestion for done the road, if this is currently working as expected. As to the details of the licensing agreements as you can imagine I'm not party to them.

Pete

GAT_Montana
19-05-2015, 13:07
You guys know that customizing still is a big issue for all games out there, it starts to paint your weapon and Ends up with personalized racing wear (see Gran Turismo). Furthermore it is part of the "Feeling to be a member of a Team" Immersion. So I realy hope it will figured out and discussed on upcomming team Meetings (despide of the fact that to wear Audi gloves in a BMW is a nonono go :) )

c172fccc
19-05-2015, 13:38

Disgraceful.

It isn't a bug, that's just how it is suppose to be. Like some people said before me, the outfit of the driver is random regardless of the car. During the development, all the outfit were fictional, but now that there is some real logos, that design decision might not be the best one. The thing is to "fix" that, maybe they would have to completely rewritte the code, which isn't worth it imo (this is just a guess). If BMW have an issue with this, or if too many people are offended by this, my guess is that they will simply remove that outfit.

LADY GEMMA JANE
19-05-2015, 14:19
Does this mean that when i drive my Mini cooper S in real life I have to have my Mini gloves on and not my Yves Saint Laurent's

Mr Akina
19-05-2015, 14:22
Does this mean that when i drive my Mini cooper S in real life I have to have my Mini gloves on and not my Yves Saint Laurent's

Yes mate, and you should always write Mini, MINI - Otherwise BMW will be on you for that too. Seriously.

Alan Dallas
20-05-2015, 19:52

Disgraceful.

No, it is not a Bug. It's the way it was programmed and is working as intended. The system selects driver suits/helmets randomly when a track is loaded in a new session. Until the user defined driver suits/helmet is in place it'll remain that way. It'll work like Livery selection, only for your driver profile.

Alan Dallas
20-05-2015, 19:58

The system for choosing the driver skin/helmet does not have the code to make aware of which car model is in use. Again, selection of the suit/helmet(btw, gloves are part of the suit texture file) is completely random. No matter how you try to argue that fact, the code DOES NOT exist in the game engine for matching driver textures to car model. Hence not a bug.

MaXKiLLz
20-05-2015, 20:03
The system for choosing the driver skin/helmet does not have the code to make aware of which car model is in use. Again, selection of the suit/helmet(btw, gloves are part of the suit texture file) is completely random. No matter how you try to argue that fact, the code DOES NOT exist in the game engine for matching driver textures to car model. Hence not a bug.

Okay then. If it's not a bug, then it's definitely an oversight leaving gloves with manufacturer logos in a game that chooses random driver textures. Did know one at SMS realize this would be an issue?

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 20:08
I'm gonna throw a little jab in... For a game that considers itself the ultimate SIM there are ton of un-sim like occurrences.. Just saying, lets not go TOO far beyond reality.

JDFSSS
20-05-2015, 20:59

Disgraceful.

I've noticed that's just the way some WMD members are. They blindly defend the game any chance they get, possibly because it's in their financial interest to do so.

Flihp
21-05-2015, 05:48
The system selects driver suits/helmets randomly when a track is loaded in a new session.

Just like it does with car liveries........ totally random. :p:p:p

Phil

Arkymedes
21-05-2015, 08:02

The fact that the code exists or not for managing this does not concern me as a consumer. It is an inconsistency with the game and, using your own words: no matter how you try to argue that fact, it IS a bug or at the least an oversight.

Mind you that I love the game and I'm having a blast with it, but inconsistencies like this should not have been made available at public launch. This lack of modesty by a lot of the members that simply cannot stand their favourite game having flaws is astounding and it's the first time that I see this. It's really nothing personal but it gives a bad impression of the whole community funded aspect of it. Some WMD members are clearly having a hard time having their "private" game been blasted by some users that have bugs and the RIGHT to complain.

PTG Claret
21-05-2015, 08:26
How are people defending this bug?

Its like Messi wearing football boots with a Brazil logo. Wrong.

protie
21-05-2015, 16:38
nvm

Alan Dallas
21-05-2015, 16:45
How are people defending this bug?

Its like Messi wearing football boots with a Brazil logo. Wrong.
Because it's not a bug, nor an oversight, nor a world ending issue. Having the system select a random suit/helmet was a design decision until further code could be written. Hence working as intended.

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 16:51
All these arguments over a pair of gloves..... :rolleyes:

Daynja
21-05-2015, 18:13
All these arguments over a pair of gloves..... :rolleyes:

A pair of gloves with a corporate brand, being used as part of a race team uniform,whilst inside an opposing brands car.

Dont brush this aside as "working as intended" or "not an oversight"

This may be an innocent mistake but were talking about brand licensing here and BMW or Audi will certainly not look at it the same way as some of your are here, by brushing it aside as nothing to be worried about.

Jesus whats the matter with you? Be helpful, say "Thank you for bring it to the attention of the moderators or WMD members we will get this over to SMS asap so it can be rectified".

You cannot think this is a thing to ignore

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 18:21
It is on the "fix list" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay near the bottom, so many bigger issues on the list.

Thanks for reporting. thread closed, nothing further on this topic is needed. Great job everyone