PDA

View Full Version : Anyone loving the game?

toxiclego
16-05-2015, 16:09
I have seen alot of issues posted and I have had my share of problems playing the game, but I love the game.
I finally updated it last night (no internet in my area, thank giodness for my brother) and the game is perfect.
The steering is awesome now the game went to being fun but challenging to a blast. Anyone else enjoying this
Game as much as I am?

Jschu11
16-05-2015, 16:16
This is my new favourite game.

dwalldorf
16-05-2015, 16:23
Didn't play any other game since I have it. Love this game :)

Jaymogee77
16-05-2015, 16:31
Yep, Love it. Its the best sim racer I've played since the Codemasters 2012 F1 game & NFS:Shift 1 .

STRAYAxRENEGADE
16-05-2015, 16:33
Absolutely love the game!

I actually had the motivation to just set myself up with a 100 lap LMP2 race on the LeMans 24hr track and raced through night and day. Never had so much fun.

Lee van Davo
16-05-2015, 16:37
Yeah I gotta say I'm hooked. It's has problems yes but I confident there'll be sorted out soon but if they're not ill still be playing it. In my view it's the closest to the real thing so far.

DeviR11
16-05-2015, 16:45
No doubt this is gonna be great game, after few patches. But for me it is not Forza killer at all.

Srt8 300c
16-05-2015, 16:47
I i havnt put it down since it was released!!! My girlfriend is NOT a happy bunny :cool:

ItchyBear
16-05-2015, 16:52
If Carlsberg made games.... it would probably be called pCARLSBERG

I love it! and can't wait for the update....

Miker
16-05-2015, 17:16
Yep, can't tear myself away from the junior open wheel racers and helmet cam...so much more to explore as well!

evojoeix
forza is not even in the same leauge as this game

GreaseyBreakPad
Your Brother sounds like a good guy.

It is a really solid game.

Any game that lets you take a Kart on the Ring at midnight during a thunderstorm, is a good game.

malcster
16-05-2015, 17:20
The moment I left 150cc karts I was happy not sure if the tracks in that class are bad or the karts itself but the super karts are awesome

Also nice long gt3 race with day/night transition start at the back and. Cleanly take evey opponent by out braking and getting the racing line

Love it

It's not perfect ATM but its damn close just needs a few dozen more cars and it will be brilliant

Maybe each car pack should be a class pack rather than a few of each

Nemesis X2
16-05-2015, 17:25
Love it also. The whole race event from practice, to qualifying and then race all has its place and draws you in when playing. The racing is fantastic and all cars have true individuality unlike most console racers. You have to learn each car and every position gained is very rewarding.

My favourite racer ever and I can't give it more praise than that. Not touched anything else since getting it.

Braken99
16-05-2015, 17:34
I had my doubts about liking this more than forza 5 since im a big fan. There are pros and cons but overall i do like this better than forza. I should mention have the thrustmaster tx and hope they fix the contrler for all the others having issues.

mister dog
16-05-2015, 17:42
With a little TLC so the necessary features are added and the bugs are ironed out, this will be the best, most complete and most enjoyable racing game ever.

Whenever i fold my wheelstand up and put it in the corner, it doesn't take much time before i feel the urge to play it again, and that's saying something :) Very addictive experience.

Benja190782
16-05-2015, 17:56
I'm totally in love with Project CARS - this is the game for console I've been waiting for since Race Pro, and PCARS is just above all racing games on consoles today.
FM6 needs to step up BIG TIME!

Project CARS simply stole my heart and I can only say one thing: GOTY!!!

jgaganas
16-05-2015, 18:01
It's got some issues (ok ok, and even some more), but i can't stop driving! :P

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 18:24
Happy to see that the WMD passion and SMS' pedigree has already reached some of you! Remember, this is only the beginning, more enjoyment coming soon.

menaceuk
16-05-2015, 18:29
I am loving it as well.

I just can not stop racing the GR.A Touring cars in solo event. Just fantastic, exciting, competitive racing.

koda.72
16-05-2015, 18:40
I cant get enough of the GT3 cars!!!!

Daveesaunders
16-05-2015, 18:50
Love it even with the issues, wife not so happy. As long as the bugs are fixed and focus isnt switch to P.Cars 2 to soon live other devs I'll remain happy. Just need to convince the wife that a wheel set and seat are now required.

Suburban Coot
16-05-2015, 18:59
No doubt this is gonna be great game, after few patches. But for me it is not Forza killer at all.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking other console race games. Its a passion and we should all embrace it more. Why does there always have to be such disdain in doing what we love?

evojoeix
16-05-2015, 19:02
im loving it. i had a blast just driving the GT3 audi R8 around the Nurburgring by myself with random weather and time sped up. i must of done 15 laps. the weather effects in this game are top notch, along with the sun glare. something about the environment changing as you drive on it brings this game to another level

once the bugs are fixed, this game will be so awesome

Beagle Five
16-05-2015, 19:34
Yes the game has IT! Whatever it is.
Its got a presence like no other driving game! THAT is what makes you drive it so much.
The bad/nervous/kamikaze steering/handling is probably good too, since it makes you so extremely alert and you really cant drive the game without really concentrating! On forza 5 I almost always fall asleep! Its true, it makes me sleepy! I dont know why, its got something to do with the motion of the camera I think, its rocking me to sleep! :)

But cant really say that I love the game, even though I do, the bad things are like poo on a cake, you know its a great cake but you cabt eat it before the poop is gone.
Man that was one hell of a metafore!! :)

menaceuk
16-05-2015, 19:47
Its got a presence like no other driving game! THAT is what makes you drive it so much.
The bad/nervous/kamikaze steering/handling is probably good too, since it makes you so extremely alert and you really cant drive the game without really concentrating! On forza 5 I almost always fall asleep! Its true, it makes me sleepy! I dont know why, its got something to do with the motion of the camera I think, its rocking me to sleep! :)

But cant really say that I love the game, even though I do, the bad things are like poo on a cake, you know its a great cake but you cabt eat it before the poop is gone.

Actually you can, you just eat around it. :D

kderacing
16-05-2015, 19:49
Yes yes yes, I haven't played any other game since I got it either.

Beagle Five
16-05-2015, 20:10
Actually you can, you just eat around it. :D

Hahahaha!!! I guess thats what I am doing!

dwalldorf
16-05-2015, 20:15
[...] Just need to convince the wife that a wheel set and seat are now required.

I know the struggle :D

rockme71
16-05-2015, 21:18
I am absolutely loving this game. I just finished a race at Laguna Seca, where I was taken out on the 1st lap and ended up 9th (out of 25) and I loved every second of it!

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 21:24
I am absolutely loving this game. I just finished a race at Laguna Seca, where I was taken out on the 1st lap and ended up 9th (out of 25) and I loved every second of it!
And you're on Xbox1? No crazy controller issues? Wheel? Game installed ok 18.5gb? Fps ok? Sound ok?

rockme71
16-05-2015, 21:28
And you're on Xbox1? No crazy controller issues? Game installed ok 18.5gb? Fps ok? Sound ok?

Yes on XB1. Controller has some issues yes, hoping the update fixes that. In the meantime, i switched turning to the d-pad and making turns seems to be going much better, as far as the car getting loose goes. Game installed to 18.5 after I unplugged the xbox and restarted it. FPS seems to be okay so far.

FA RACING 01
16-05-2015, 21:41
Touch wood but for some reason I have no issues on XBone at all. No bugs, wheel works great, fps fine, sound is good, career progress with no hassles, leader board updates fine and most cars handles fine with some basic tuning to get me top 10 to 15 on LB's. Must be my lucky game, only one not enjoying my play is my wife, but then again I guess they seldom do. So I can only say I love this game.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:47
This guy needs to be given a lie detector test!

RUSH3RCR
16-05-2015, 21:51
Count me in!!:)

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 21:55
Keep it positive here, rant elsewhere please.

FA RACING 01
16-05-2015, 22:19

LMAO. Shame, that's funny.

rockstarracing
16-05-2015, 22:30
im happy enough racing the formula rookies and ginetta g40s in the biggest grid the track will allow, then being over the moon after snatching 12th crossing the line after a hard thought battle where the ai actually go for it; im sure one sold me for a switch back at the island hairpin at oulton

beetes_juice
17-05-2015, 00:05
G.O.A.T.

STRAYAxRENEGADE
17-05-2015, 01:17
Those SuperKarts were absolutely crazy too
Pretty hard to handle in the beginning tbh. But I got there :p

koda.72
17-05-2015, 02:21
Touch wood but for some reason I have no issues on XBone at all. No bugs, wheel works great, fps fine, sound is good, career progress with no hassles, leader board updates fine and most cars handles fine with some basic tuning to get me top 10 to 15 on LB's. Must be my lucky game, only one not enjoying my play is my wife, but then again I guess they seldom do. So I can only say I love this game.

Either I am blind to frame rate drop or my game also runs flawlessly. The only thing I can figure is that I am only running time trials and online private lobbies with 6 or less people. Regardless, it runs buttery smooth for me!

Beamin
17-05-2015, 03:01
Either I am blind to frame rate drop or my game also runs flawlessly. The only thing I can figure is that I am only running time trials and online private lobbies with 6 or less people. Regardless, it runs buttery smooth for me!

I run TT's pretty much exclusively and it is awful. The online lobbies are unplayable for me and I have 100m connection. I guess my connection just isn't fast enough.. Which really sucks for the 99% of the population that have slower connection than I do.

NVI0U5
17-05-2015, 03:14
Yep I have minimal problems not enough to stop playing completely, just the day one patch and a few controller fixes allows me to play enough to keep it addicting

theZOGster
17-05-2015, 03:24
The game makes you work, that's for sure. Forza feels sluggish and dull compared to this. Forza has some nice parts (the painting part is a nice break from racing) but I can't help but love the fact that the racing in Project Cars is so balanced. I'm only in the Clio Cup series but every race has involved a veritable train of cars all packed closely together.

In Forza it seems like you get ahead and you're never challenged by the AI. It's quite a different challenge to stay consistent and adjust your lines to account for traffic that's only slightly faster or slower than you. In Forza it just seemed like you get ahead then slice through back markers until the race finished.

Forza made it fun, but Project Cars makes it rewarding.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 05:23

are you running the game off an external HDD? Those that do tend to suffer FPS issues considerably less.

toxiclego
17-05-2015, 06:13
I played alot here latley and the update helps alot I wish they would update the race line for us color impared, I absolutely love the fact that when I lose a race or qualify bad its all me. I botched a race on the final lap because I was looking at how gorgeous the game was, and the sun had rose up.

Lee van Davo
17-05-2015, 07:10
And you're on Xbox1? No crazy controller issues? Wheel? Game installed ok 18.5gb? Fps ok? Sound ok?
Yep Xbox1 with controller had one oppisite lock issue after the first patch to make it 18.5 (32 hours of play time)
Same story for me as well finishing in top 10 in solo games and loving the racing. Must have done 40 laps around Brans in the Clio cup challenge and was gutted when the time was up. Some cars I have control issues with steering/gas way to sensitive even when changing the controller to recommended settings but I'll come back to them when the latest patch is here

oscarolim
17-05-2015, 07:35
Quite enjoying the game as well. The main issue is players expecting a Forza / GT kind of game, when this is not supposed to be an easy game with a linear path.
Both Forza and GT have their place, and I'll surely be playing FM6 and GT7 when they are released, but this is some other kind of game. The one where you get into a car, and drive for hours to shove that extra 0.1s off a lap. This is a track day game.
You don't go to a track day changing cars every 20 minutes, do you?

Saucyboy
17-05-2015, 07:53
Great to see s positive post because I'm loving it!! Loving the feel of the game through the tx and managed to win my first championship last night. Only ginetta but it was an absolute blast.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 08:00
Quite enjoying the game as well. The main issue is players expecting a Forza / GT kind of game, when this is not supposed to be an easy game with a linear path.
Both Forza and GT have their place, and I'll surely be playing FM6 and GT7 when they are released, but this is some other kind of game. The one where you get into a car, and drive for hours to shove that extra 0.1s off a lap. This is a track day game.
You don't go to a track day changing cars every 20 minutes, do you?

I just hope that GT7 will be playable as I will be used to pCARS' handling and physics so much :)

SimonJ
17-05-2015, 08:18
Been playing a week now love it. the server was easy to setup too. feels and looks lovely brings T500 wheel to life :)

ashasha
17-05-2015, 08:21
Not to sound like a whiner because I am not loving it at the moment, but I do see the potential if they can get the FFB sorted out. Until then I think that I'm going to take a break from it because I find myself spending more time trying to solve the wheel issue by finding the magic calibration/settings when its likely that it doesn't exist and is actually something that has to be fixed by a patch.

From what I have played it's pretty intense.

One thing that no one has really brought up that I like is that every car that I've driven so far is drivable from the get go. I haven't had to go in and start tweaking before I can take it out for a lap. I'm sure that you can tweak them to get more speed or handle better, but my point is that you don't have to in order to keep out of the wall.

My biggest gripe beyond the obvious bugs is that I do wish that there was a more indepth manual or something for all of the settings. I know that there are some brief explanations for a lot of them and that you can tweak them and try them out, but I'm at the point that I can change one thing and can't figure out what I feel; I think that I'm just burned out on it right now.

But I have hope based on what does work. :onthego:

Rockstar Matt
17-05-2015, 08:37
I love it. It's fantastic. I'm enjoying even more than I did just a day because I finally figured out how to tune my cars.

onimoD
17-05-2015, 09:51
My biggest gripe beyond the obvious bugs is that I do wish that there was a more indepth manual or something for all of the settings. I know that there are some brief explanations for a lot of them and that you can tweak them and try them out, but I'm at the point that I can change one thing and can't figure out what I feel; I think that I'm just burned out on it right now. :onthego:

Check out these stickys...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23371-Car-setup-guide
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22501-Project-Cars-Tuning-Guide-Damper-guide-(3B)-now-live

onimoD
17-05-2015, 10:03
Yep, loving the game.
Yep, frustrated by some of the bugs but glad they didn't delay the release.
Blown away by how configurable everything is. As I learn how to tweak things properly and bug fixes get released, this game is just going to get better and better. I'm looking forward to years of fun from it - that's true value for money right there.
Oh, and thanks for not forcing me to spend hours of tedious career time just to unlock certain cars or tracks. Great job guys - now get working on those bugs! ;)

koda.72
17-05-2015, 15:25

Forza 5 puts me to sleep too. I thought I was the only one. PCars is ruining my life. Ive been staying up way too late to race and then I am so amped up that I cant get to sleep for a while after shutting the game off.

koda.72
17-05-2015, 15:27
are you running the game off an external HDD? Those that do tend to suffer FPS issues considerably less.

I am running on an external HDD. 17mbps download connection too so Im not getting any speed benefit there.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 15:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXw9w3ZaQ4

robwdavies
17-05-2015, 15:57
Loving it about 20% of the time.

Wanting to set fire to it the other 80%. The cumulative effect of all the bugs and glitches is becoming too much to ignore.

o Mike V o
17-05-2015, 16:11
Absolutely, it has its problems for now but it has some great potential in it. I am not stranger to bugs and not naive enough to think a game will come out 100% perfect when it releases, I have faith in SMS in fixing this.

I'm just glad they didn't delay it again.

robwdavies
17-05-2015, 16:12
Absolutely, it has its problems for now but it has some great potential in it. I am not stranger to bugs and not naive enough to think a game will come out 100% perfect when it releases, I have faith in SMS in fixing this.

I'm just glad they didn't delay it again.

It's not naivety to expect a game to be better than this at launch.

Yet another lazy, egotistical response on a forum full of them.

tubbychris1
17-05-2015, 16:19
Loving it too with the Mad Catz wheel. Love the fact that moving between different cars on career means getting used to how it handles and feeling rewarded when after a number of practice laps you get used to how it handles and can start pumping in the lap times. Yes there bugs, but at least there is a community to point these out and that they are seen and responded to, giving reassurances that these bugs will be fixed as soon as they can.

I'm a big F1 fan and been highly anticipating the nextgen F1 game on xbox one, but after getting pCars on release day and now playing over a week on and off, I am now unsure if I will buy F1 on release day or just carry on with pCars, as its that good :) Forza 5 and Horizon 2 have't left the shelf since either ;)

RoccoTTS
17-05-2015, 16:55
Good to see a thread like this with some people who love pCars.
This is the best game i've ever played, and i played a lot of race games on console. Sure it has some problems, but i have faith in SMS they are gonna solve most of them.

And now back to the track :D

Maxximoff
17-05-2015, 17:10
I'm really enjoying the game, despite the already reported problems.

Trumpet
17-05-2015, 17:28
I'm still enjoying this and I play using the controller,what other racer can you go in the pits for the the wheel nuts to get locked on makes a race I was comfortably leading become more of a challenge.
Great game:cool:

Initia1 B
17-05-2015, 18:28
Starting to. If they manage to polish it a touch more It'll be a proper winner. Such a shame it was released in such a relatively poor state as I fear its already lost a sizeable following.

Kingleo
17-05-2015, 18:47
Love it... Play, practice and tune on the Pc then online at night on X1

justonce68
18-05-2015, 15:49
The mutts nuts!

JessicaWalter
18-05-2015, 15:54
im smitten.

so happy this finally dropped. been watching videos of it for years and prolly would have joined the beta squad if i was a pc gamer. consoles have needed a game like this forever