PDA

View Full Version : T300 RS Dead?

slovoflud
16-05-2015, 16:48
Hi Guys!

I know it has nothing to do with pCARS, but I think my T300 RS just died on me, it won't power up.This forum has so many sim enthusiasts. Maybe one of you has experienced something similar? Anithing I can do to bring it back to live? Such a bad timing... I bought the wheel specially for pCARS release! :((((

I've contacted Thrustmaster but got no reply..

seamastergmt
16-05-2015, 21:52
Thrustmaster also has phone support. I was able to contact them the other day to walk me through firmware installation. Not sure how you attempted to contact them but I was able to talk to a rep within 5 minutes. Hope this helps. Sorry about your wheel...

superchargedk20
16-05-2015, 22:41
Good luck . I bought one which was supposition new off ebay. And it didn't power up either . I could here a small hum when it was plugged in from the inside but that's it. Just sent it back

slovoflud
17-05-2015, 05:06
Good luck . I bought one which was supposition new off ebay. And it didn't power up either . I could here a small hum when it was plugged in from the inside but that's it. Just sent it back

Mine has the small hum that you refer to, but nothing happens... Such a shame.

Thanks, guys!

LHturbo
17-05-2015, 16:49
Yep this just happened to me. Last wed. High pitched noise and then power light went off and won't come back now. Kinda sucks. Emailed but nothing yet. Gonna call tomorrow

slovoflud
18-05-2015, 06:38
I've tried contacting them via Facebook as well.

Please update the thread when you get some news on this. I hope it can be fixed without waiting for a replacement.

Dereenigne
18-05-2015, 06:56
This happened to me on release day with a new T300rs, got as far as the pcars loading screen!
First try it on a pc to see if that recognises the t300, if not go to thrustmaster website and look for the bootloader (something to do with pressing L3 R3 when booking up) if that doesn't work its dead.
You have checked the plug fuse!? Could be fuse.
If it is very new then deal with the shop, they should pick it up and send you replacement pretty fast.
Hope you get it sorted

slovoflud
18-05-2015, 07:22
I don't have a (windows) PC at home, what about a mac, you think it should recognize it? I've tried it, and nothing happend. The light on the wheel is not litting up. I've tried different power outlets too. It might be the fuse in the wheelbase itself, but I'm hesitant to take it apart because of the warranty.

Dereenigne
18-05-2015, 08:05
Does sound just like mine, no light. Not recognised by computer. I would of thought it works on a mac.
To Do the bootloader thing it has to be recognised so I think yours is dead too.
Fuse in the plug lead not inside the unit. Worth a try.

LHturbo
20-05-2015, 16:22
Ya so here is my update. I sent email 2 weeks ago. No response. I called yesterday and she said she would send me troubleshooting steps. Never got any, Called again. "We are super busy and will have it to you by end of day". Still Nothing. Called today and another lady is sending me boot loader steps and if that doesn't work we will start repair process. The tech support has nice people just hard to get anything done right.

FYI i work for a tech company myself and know what I'm doing to diagnose issues properly. Just need to do all the rif raf for them I guess before they will actually fix the issue that I believe the internal power transformer has died.

For future reference to help anyone out there that has issues. This is the Email I have received.

"We begin by thanking you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.

We would like to ask you to please make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your PC:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/2014_TTRS_3.exe

Very important: The switch must always be set on PS3 when connecting the wheel to the PC. Please also check that the power cable is correctly plugged in, as shown in the attached picture.

Proceed with updating the wheel’s firmware as instructed in the link below:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/T300RS_Firmware_Update_Procedure_V24.pdf

If the wheel is still not recognized, proceed with connecting the wheel in boot mode, as instructed in the document below:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300RS_Bootloader_V24_Dec2014.pdf

Proceed with testing the wheel’s functionality on your PC, under Game Controllers Panel. First, make sure to place the switch to PS3 before connecting it to the PC. You can get there by pressing and holding the Windows button while pressing once the "R" button from your keyboard; type "joy.cpl" and press "Enter". Then double click on the name of the wheel that will appear in the new window. In the Game Controller Panel verify if each command responds properly to your actions - buttons, axes, pedals.

Take your time to do a thorough inspection of the device.

The User Manual is available at the link below:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300_FGTE_manual.pdf "

Awong124
20-05-2015, 17:28
I had an issue where the wheel somehow lost or corrupted the firmware and the wheel became totally unresponsive. The bootloader fixed the issue, but the instructions for using it didn't work for me. My computer was not able to automatically find the bootloader, and I had to manually specify the directory where the bootloader is located on my computer for it to work. I didn't specify any custom save locations and saved all the files in the default suggested folders, so I don't know why it didn't work. In any case, that made me waste about an hour restarting my computer and going through all the steps over and over before I figured out what the problem was.

superchargedk20
20-05-2015, 18:17
Man I wish I knew about this before I returned the wheel. Oh well

slovoflud
20-05-2015, 20:28
Ya so here is my update. I sent email 2 weeks ago. No response. I called yesterday and she said she would send me troubleshooting steps. Never got any, Called again. "We are super busy and will have it to you by end of day". Still Nothing. Called today and another lady is sending me boot loader steps and if that doesn't work we will start repair process. The tech support has nice people just hard to get anything done right.

FYI i work for a tech company myself and know what I'm doing to diagnose issues properly. Just need to do all the rif raf for them I guess before they will actually fix the issue that I believe the internal power transformer has died.

Thanks for the update!

I've contacted them via email but got no reply, although someone is interacting with me over their facebook page daily, so I hope they contact me soon.

Just to clarify:
You have no power, as your transformer is gone, so your PC can't see the device? We only have Macs at home, soto try the update procedure I have to take it to work.

caslad81
21-05-2015, 06:30
Daft question, but have you tried moving the mode swith from PS3 to PS4 and vice versa?

slovoflud
21-05-2015, 13:36
Yes, I've tried everything it seems... :) :dejection:

Ruben96_
21-05-2015, 16:50
Yes, I've tried everything it seems... :) :dejection:

Bro i have the same problem as you.. I bought my T300GTE on April 30th and it worked fine till about a week later ehen i switched on my ps4 but it didnt recognise the wheel.. The light does no longer turn on, i tried to connect it to my PC but nothing happens.. I f..kin wasted my money

slovoflud
22-05-2015, 05:54
Bro i have the same problem as you.. I bought my T300GTE on April 30th and it worked fine till about a week later ehen i switched on my ps4 but it didnt recognise the wheel.. The light does no longer turn on, i tried to connect it to my PC but nothing happens.. I f..kin wasted my money

Have you contacted TM support?

Don't think about it as money wasted, it's under warranty they should replace it!

IDinity
23-05-2015, 22:50
My wheel just started spinning incredibly fast and leterally killed it self.

Light is now out, tried to put in on the pc, not even recognized there now, and lights not on.

I ordered from Cdon.com... So should i call thrustmaster to get it replaced or cdon ?

Ruben96_
24-05-2015, 06:30
Have you contacted TM support?

Don't think about it as money wasted, it's under warranty they should replace it!

I hope so! How did you sort it out in the end?

slovoflud
24-05-2015, 18:49
My wheel just started spinning incredibly fast and leterally killed it self.

Light is now out, tried to put in on the pc, not even recognized there now, and lights not on.

I ordered from Cdon.com... So should i call thrustmaster to get it replaced or cdon ?

Yes, contact thrustmaster. The seller will forward on to them anyways, so save your time.

slovoflud
24-05-2015, 18:54
I hope so! How did you sort it out in the end?

I haven't!

Still got no reply from them! It's been 8 days now, can't believe it...

I fear they will reply with a standard instruction sen: update the firmware etc... First of all I should not have to update any firmware, I bought the device and they should tak care of the rest, including updates. Secondly, obvously the firmware can't be updated as there is no power. But I'll have to wait god know how long again. Complete disapointment..

Awong124
25-05-2015, 02:30
I haven't!

I fear they will reply with a standard instruction sen: update the firmware etc... First of all I should not have to update any firmware, I bought the device and they should tak care of the rest, including updates. Secondly, obvously the firmware can't be updated as there is no power. But I'll have to wait god know how long again. Complete disapointment..

Well, if they introduce new firmware, they have no way of automatically installing it to your device. You'll have to do it yourself at some point. They will have installed the latest one they had at the time before the wheel left their facility, but if you bought one that was sitting in the vendor's stock for a while it might not have the latest firmware, and there's not really anything Thrustmaster could have done about that.

slovoflud
25-05-2015, 06:20
Well, if they introduce new firmware, they have no way of automatically installing it to your device. You'll have to do it yourself at some point. They will have installed the latest one they had at the time before the wheel left their facility, but if you bought one that was sitting in the vendor's stock for a while it might not have the latest firmware, and there's not really anything Thrustmaster could have done about that.

I understand that, and it was a side thought. The problem is not the firmware (although it is still a problem for not tech saavy people), the problem is their technical support, who just ignore you for weeks, while your new wheel collects dust.

Ruben96_
26-05-2015, 10:50
Im getting it replaced from the shop where I bought it, but yet i dont know whats the problem with the wheel.. Is just just bad luck or maybe the cables got ruined
I haven't!

slovoflud
26-05-2015, 14:34
Here is my update:

After contacting the Facebook Thrustmaster guy (he seems to be online most of the days), he appologised for the delay, and support got in touch with me in a couple of hours. Here's the reply:

--------------------
Regarding your T300 RS.

We apologize for the late response!

We inform you that the noise can come from the fact that the cockpit is not grounded.
You can check this by detaching the wheel base from the cockpit and use the supplied clamping system. The noise should normally disappear.

Regarding the other issue, our recommendation is to follow this procedure:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300RS_Bootloader_V24_Dec2014.pdf

For any other query please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Andreea

-------------------

What noise? My wheel is dead and it has no power. I mentioned a slight electrical buzz when you plug it in, but whe wheel won't turn on at all. How am I suppose to update the firmware?...

it's a joke

CHULAPO_81
27-05-2015, 11:08
hi i think it's the same, it happens just have a problem with my steering wheel t300rs when I leave the pits after 5 minutes of spinning, the wheel is out FFB runs out of power, like a gum, it's like to warm the motor and stop working, use jack files. does this have anything to do ?? someone else with him? I tried to drive to the club and FFB 100% and stays and project cars.

David McKenna
27-05-2015, 11:36
LOl, I won't be buying one of these anytime soon !!

GraySmithMusic
27-05-2015, 17:27
I've had a bit of a weird issue like this, although a little different...

I bought my T300RS online, brand new from an eBay store, it was delivered the day before PCars was released.

My first issue was when I first loaded up the game and was assigning buttons, after the wheel and pedal calibration, the game just froze. No response from any button on the wheel, so couldn't back out of the menu. Restarted, and tried again and it was fine.

Then, a few races into my career, during the race the whole game just froze up on me when I clipped a curb pretty hard. I put that down to just a crash.

Then, also during an early career race, the wheel just full locked to the left on it's own, I could pause, and all the buttons were working, even during the race, but I couldn't stop the full lock.
A restart solved that too.

This was all within the first two days of having the brand new wheel.

I Googled, and read about updating firmware. I thought I'd phone the Thrustmaster support team, to check whether I needed to update.
First of all, the phone number for tech support in the user manual was a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, and was now on a different number. I didn't have a pen, so went and got one, then called the same number back. I then got a different message saying something like number not recognised, I can't remember exactly, but they were two different messages, each not helping me at all. I thought that was weird, and was not filled with much confidence.
I went on Thrustmaster's website and got a different phone number for tech support, and that worked. Within a few minutes I was talking to Stefan.

He told me of known issues with the full lock to the left on Xbox One, but not the PS4, and advised me to check the firmware's up to date, and if not, update it.
He said he would email me a step by step guide (the one sent to most of you, by the looks of it) within half an hour, which he did.

I followed the instructions for downloading the drivers, that was fine. Then when it came to updating the firmware, it said in the instructions to make sure the PC recognises the wheel as a "T300RS Racing Wheel", but on my PC it doesn't, it recognises it as a "Thrustmaster FFB Racing Wheel". And when I go to the firmware update screen, there is no wheel listed, it just asks me to plug it in, even though I've already passed that step and have it plugged in.

I emailed Stefan back and told him. He told me the problem was local, which I assumed meant a problem with my laptop, and asked me to try it on another PC. Which I thought was rather unhelpful. I don't have one. I have a Mac, but that's no good. So I left it for about a week. My wheel is still working, and I (touch wood) have had no other issues with it since the initial 3 teething problems, and I've been using it every day on PCars since release.

After a week, I took my wheel round to my Mother's and tried the firmware update on her PC. I had exactly the same results as I had on my PC.
I emailed Stefan and told him, I've not heard back from him since. That was a week ago.

I emailed him again today telling him I wasn't impressed with the lack of communication. Overall, I'm not impressed with Thrustmaster's customer service.

I count myself lucky that my wheel is actually working, but I'd still like to know why I can't even check the firmware.

slovoflud
28-05-2015, 06:22
Exactly the same with a PC not finding the plugged wheel. I wish I could fix it with software. Judging by the speed of communication with technical support (3 letters in 12 days, the first one arriving at day 10) I'm really doubtful I'll get a replacement fast...

CPS-3
01-06-2015, 15:53
I contacted Thrustmaster the 22 of may regarding my T300 that needs to go back to Thrustmaster for reparation because there's something wrong with my wheel.
In their last e-mail they asked for a photo of the underside of the base where the serial number is. So i took a picture and send them an email with that photo. Tuesday i still haven't got a reply so i send the email again and by friday still no response. SO today I tried to contact them via telephone and where is normally get a person to speak with it was now i recorded message that you need to go to their website. What is this for BS. The last time I spoken with them they said it would take 2-3 weeks till i would get my base back, but now were already a week further and my base is still at home. So I'm not very happy with the customer service at the moment.

Northlander
06-06-2015, 00:47
My T300RS just died tonight. 1 month old. Just got my TH8A too! Was having a few practice laps to check out the shifter, everything fine.

I then had arranged an online race, I set the lobby up and started free practice away, I went for a quick drink and when I came back I noticed on my screen it said controller disconnected, upon pressing the PS button on the wheel but I got nothing, I was then presented with a smell of burning plastic from the vents :( It was then I noticed, no power/mode light...

Sproket
06-06-2015, 07:42
Here is my update:

After contacting the Facebook Thrustmaster guy (he seems to be online most of the days), he appologised for the delay, and support got in touch with me in a couple of hours. Here's the reply:

--------------------
Regarding your T300 RS.

We apologize for the late response!

We inform you that the noise can come from the fact that the cockpit is not grounded.
You can check this by detaching the wheel base from the cockpit and use the supplied clamping system. The noise should normally disappear.

Regarding the other issue, our recommendation is to follow this procedure:

For any other query please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Andreea

-------------------

What noise? My wheel is dead and it has no power. I mentioned a slight electrical buzz when you plug it in, but whe wheel won't turn on at all. How am I suppose to update the firmware?...

it's a joke

Thrustmaster Tech Support number UK 020 3147 4889.
Even if your warranty is still valid they will not refund unless you bought DIRECT from them.
Andreaa is submissive, surly and extreemly unhelpful via phone support.
They will NEVER call you back and only reply to emails after phoning them again to clarify receiving your email!!
By T500 pedals started playing up. I knew it was the potentiometer, but had to video control panel,video game footage, Remove wheel and peadal set to provide pictures of both serial numbers, proof of invoice.
Then after that I had to take apart pedal set, not sure if that invalidated warranty. take close up pictures of suspected spring damage!
Then Stephan replied saying where was to cable that attaches to wheel base? But it was out of shot you Numpty.
I mailed again last Monday, Nothing until I rang AGAIN yesterday and had a mild meltdown.
10 mins later received email saying either I could solder on a new potentiometer or return pedal set.
That is a funny type of warranty if you have to do all their investigative work and repairs for them??
Thrustmaster spent all their money trying to jump into bed with Playstation kicking Logitech out. And had no money left for after sales!
I will be buying a Fanatec when mine dies?

slovoflud
06-06-2015, 14:33
As an update, I received this email 3 days ago:

-------------
Regarding your T300 RS.

The repair procedure 201506030009 has started.

You will receive in a few days a delivery slip with our address to send the base of your product (do NOT send the detachable wheel, the pedal set or the power cable) to our repair center. Once you receive this delivery slip, you need to print it and call the carrier to schedule the collection.
-------------

Waiting patiently and hoping for a fast service.
We're almost a month in and my broken wheel is still at home :)

Northlander
07-06-2015, 07:36
I've had my T300RS for a month, bought the TM28 GT leather rim add-on and just received the TH8A shifter (using my G27 pedals for now with the Ricmotech adapter) You'd think I couldn't be more set up for some awesome racing in Project CARS on my PS4?

Well this last month was brilliant and with the incoming 1.4 patch I couldn't be more excited, that was until the day I got the shifter (Friday 5th) had it connected to my wheel for about an hour, and this is probably just coincidence and nothing to do with the shifter but my T300RS started to emit a burning plastic smell...it then died - no power...fortunately I bought it from Amazon and I've sent it back for replacement, and here starts the 1 to 2 month wait as they are out of stock :-/

I still say the T300RS is a brilliant wheel, with a more advanced FFB system than the G27, it's the build quality I'm now concerned with, as leading up to this burning out, my wheel started making a nasty metallic scraping noise when steering to the left, I think this has more to do with it finally burning out rather than connecting the shifter as the smell was definitely coming from the left side of the wheel body, above where the power cable plugs in.

IrideGravity
08-06-2015, 02:18
Nooooooooo... Say it ain't so. I have been wondering if my t300 will last. Given 2-3 weeks of use. Signs say no. Has developed several funny feelings that were not there initially. Also has SPAZ'd out a few times trying to burn itself out at full lock randomly. Had to hurriedly get up to unplug. Burning electrics/motors. No bueno.
I hope Logitech gets supported. I don't trust thrustmaster. My old DFGT lasted a decade plus and probably close to a half million virtual miles.
Forget these new brushless motors and complicated dual belts guys. Poor build quality. Not gonna last.
Stick with the metal planetary gear ones. Bulletproof.
This thread makes me sad.
Anyone wanna gamble on a t300rs? I'll sell you mine right now. Heard you can't get your hands on them. Lol.

wyldanimal
08-06-2015, 19:48
I've had a bit of a weird issue like this, although a little different...

I bought my T300RS online, brand new from an eBay store, it was delivered the day before PCars was released.

My first issue was when I first loaded up the game and was assigning buttons, after the wheel and pedal calibration, the game just froze. No response from any button on the wheel, so couldn't back out of the menu. Restarted, and tried again and it was fine.

Then, a few races into my career, during the race the whole game just froze up on me when I clipped a curb pretty hard. I put that down to just a crash.

Then, also during an early career race, the wheel just full locked to the left on it's own, I could pause, and all the buttons were working, even during the race, but I couldn't stop the full lock.
A restart solved that too.

This was all within the first two days of having the brand new wheel.

I Googled, and read about updating firmware. I thought I'd phone the Thrustmaster support team, to check whether I needed to update.
First of all, the phone number for tech support in the user manual was a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, and was now on a different number. I didn't have a pen, so went and got one, then called the same number back. I then got a different message saying something like number not recognised, I can't remember exactly, but they were two different messages, each not helping me at all. I thought that was weird, and was not filled with much confidence.
I went on Thrustmaster's website and got a different phone number for tech support, and that worked. Within a few minutes I was talking to Stefan.

He told me of known issues with the full lock to the left on Xbox One, but not the PS4, and advised me to check the firmware's up to date, and if not, update it.
He said he would email me a step by step guide (the one sent to most of you, by the looks of it) within half an hour, which he did.

I followed the instructions for downloading the drivers, that was fine. Then when it came to updating the firmware, it said in the instructions to make sure the PC recognises the wheel as a "T300RS Racing Wheel", but on my PC it doesn't, it recognises it as a "Thrustmaster FFB Racing Wheel". And when I go to the firmware update screen, there is no wheel listed, it just asks me to plug it in, even though I've already passed that step and have it plugged in.

I emailed Stefan back and told him. He told me the problem was local, which I assumed meant a problem with my laptop, and asked me to try it on another PC. Which I thought was rather unhelpful. I don't have one. I have a Mac, but that's no good. So I left it for about a week. My wheel is still working, and I (touch wood) have had no other issues with it since the initial 3 teething problems, and I've been using it every day on PCars since release.

After a week, I took my wheel round to my Mother's and tried the firmware update on her PC. I had exactly the same results as I had on my PC.
I emailed Stefan and told him, I've not heard back from him since. That was a week ago.

I emailed him again today telling him I wasn't impressed with the lack of communication. Overall, I'm not impressed with Thrustmaster's customer service.

I count myself lucky that my wheel is actually working, but I'd still like to know why I can't even check the firmware.

Just out of Curiosity, Have you Made sure the mode Switch is in PS3 mode before you connected it to the PC.
Must be in PS3 mode on the PC.

slovoflud
25-06-2015, 06:13
Feel obliged to update the thread, I got an update yesterday that my wheel has been fixed by tech support and shipped back to me.
So all in all, considering the journey back (inside the EU) will take a couple of days it has taken 7 weeks to get rid of the problem.

Hope it helps anyone in the future.

LordDRIFT
25-06-2015, 13:37
My T300RS just died tonight. 1 month old. Just got my TH8A too! Was having a few practice laps to check out the shifter, everything fine.

I then had arranged an online race, I set the lobby up and started free practice away, I went for a quick drink and when I came back I noticed on my screen it said controller disconnected, upon pressing the PS button on the wheel but I got nothing, I was then presented with a smell of burning plastic from the vents :( It was then I noticed, no power/mode light...

Looks like you have the 1 month expiration date issue too.