PDA

View Full Version : Batman had the Joker....

Charles Gillen
16-05-2015, 16:58
Super Man had Lex Luther....Why do we have so many cars with no racing rival? The Mustang T/A car is all alone. The Sauber Mercedes, the Mercedes DTM, the Lotus 49, actually all of the open wheel cars. GT3 has a whole bunch of rival cars, GT4 also. There are 2 two Group 5 cars.

Dont get me wrong here. I'm a big fan of all the racing cars in the game (not so much road cars) but to each his own, I just see so much potential for awesome rival races in all series.

Imagine racing Lotus 49's against Gurney Eagles, Brabham 54's and dare I say it? Ferrari 312's. Or T\A Mustangs against Corvettes or Camaros.

Lots of potential there. Every one has a wishlist for their hero cars in the game, and I'm sure SMS would like to include as many as possible.

This is not a wishlist here. Simply asking those whose job it is to select and model these cars to keep in mind those famous rivalaries instead of just a mix of cars because they are popular. My rant for today....Charles

Dorny
16-05-2015, 17:37
Oh these guys know about all the great rivalries and every great car in history, but it can be hard to get them due to licensing and costs of attaining them

Roger Prynne
16-05-2015, 18:13
+ time frames and lack of funds.

tweaked9107
16-05-2015, 19:11
Most, like myself, would probably be happy to pay for DLC so that we get the cars we want. Hell, I'd pay a bucket load if they offered up the full BTCC grid.
Also, with BTCC not being in any other licensed game, surely it couldn't be that expensive? It's like a supply and demand situation. There is no demand for them at all.

DayGlow
16-05-2015, 19:15
I'm guessing that's what will happen hopefully. Series / era DLCs that flesh out the areas that you like. Base game has a good sample across the board.

Roger Prynne
16-05-2015, 19:31
Most, like myself, would probably be happy to pay for DLC so that we get the cars we want. Hell, I'd pay a bucket load if they offered up the full BTCC grid.
Also, with BTCC not being in any other licensed game, surely it couldn't be that expensive? It's like a supply and demand situation. There is no demand for them at all.

You'd be surprised.
Licencing is really expensive.

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 19:46
Once some of the big boys (Chevy, Nissan etc) are brought in we should have some more inter-class battles.

danowat
16-05-2015, 19:50
It's not always the cost that stops licensing, sometimes manufacturers put restrictions on how that license is used, and sometimes these are things that are key to a game.

As for price, a certain large Italian marque is hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Shinzah
16-05-2015, 19:57
This is a new IP. Manufacturer licensing is hard for a new IP. That's why you don't see so much competition. There are also constraints in time ect.

It had been suggested to have engines/chassis for some classes during development but the main focus was completing the game also. There is a lot of work involved.

As such try to remember games like ToCA 2 and ToCA 3. The GT classes were fairly full in those games, but even though there was a great many disciplines. The licensing for other cars in them was lacking. So of the 20-30 disciplines there was around 15 spec series. All the way up until Grid, Grid2 and Autosport.

This is the first game in an IP. It's not a one-off game. The developers are trying hard to launch a series of titles. As such it could have taken eight years, had all these extra cars and licenses, costed more, and been one game. Or taken four years and had less cars and licenses but shown what it CAN do with them and what it CAN become and maybe we'll see more manufacturers coming.

Assuredly already the developer holds some big licenses. Such as the 2015 Indycar license. Which they certainly won't ignore having.

Give it time. Be patient. This is an endurance race ;)

The cars now are great as it is. Sure some series are scant, but at least there is fair enough variety in choice in the game.