PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying w/ AI on track - Is this correct?

trancend
16-05-2015, 17:00
... b/c it's super annoying and causing me a serious waste of time.

Is this how it is done in real life? Im pretty sure when Ive watched qualifying for F1, Indy and NASCAR, the driver is out there all alone.

ports
16-05-2015, 17:02
Yes that is how it's done in real life , just find yourself some space and then put in a hot lap

wadafaka
18-07-2015, 22:31

Is this how it is done in real life? Im pretty sure when Ive watched qualifying for F1, Indy and NASCAR, the driver is out there all alone.
I know right :D First you have to warm up those damn tires and on top of that you constantly have to let those AI to pass, because they don't seem to be bothered much by super cold tires.
But here's a tip though.. Just stay in the pit longer.. till everyone is out, I know you nearly "lose" a full lap, but it's totally worth it.. driving on an empty track :)

Gejabo
19-07-2015, 07:15

You must be watching another F1 qualifying than the rest of us.

There are more cars on track but they are spread out over the track and because the lap times are pretty close they stay apart.
Like said above, you should build some space between you and the AI.
Or let them go out and wait a few seconds before going out yourself.

Paulzx
19-07-2015, 07:27

I literally can't think of any racing series where you qualify on your own. Probably time you watched some real life racing

Rambo_Commando
19-07-2015, 07:56

Here's a tip, SMS included this wonderful thing called a race monitor. You can select to view the track with dots that represents your opponents. Look for a gap, exit pits and bingo you are qualifying on your own.