PDA

View Full Version : pit stops

madmaz116
16-05-2015, 17:17
can anyone tell me how you put mandatory pit stops into a single race and into a multiplayer game?

CSPIKEC
16-05-2015, 17:39
I was trying to figure this out this morning, I think you have to up the amount of laps, I joined a 30 lap race a Le Mans and could only do 6 laps on a tank of fuel so had to make a pit stop. I pitted on a 5 lap race at Donington for damage to my car and got a 30 second penalty for taking a short cut, hopefully they will sort this glitch.

madmaz116
16-05-2015, 18:16
I was trying to figure this out this morning, I think you have to up the amount of laps, I joined a 30 lap race a Le Mans and could only do 6 laps on a tank of fuel so had to make a pit stop. I pitted on a 5 lap race at Donington for damage to my car and got a 30 second penalty for taking a short cut, hopefully they will sort this glitch.

but there should be an option to put in a mandatory pit stop no matter how many laps you want to do , pit stops add excitement and a level of strategy, cant believe that was missed. Can someone clear this up?..is it possible or not.

Rug22
16-05-2015, 19:51
I guess some categories you'd expect to stop, le mans, GT endurance type races and Formula A.

Another option would be to have the ability to set the maximum amount of fuel which can be used, that way a pitstop has to be made :)

lordymatsuo
16-05-2015, 20:27
I have managed to do this only by putting tyre wear on real and 10 lap races, by the time you hit lap 4-6 you will want to pit as you just slide everywhere. But yes would be nice to just have an option to say Force pit stop yes/no so we haev to pit at least once in a race to add to the excitement of when to pit early or late etc.

madmaz116
17-05-2015, 09:33
I have managed to do this only by putting tyre wear on real and 10 lap races, by the time you hit lap 4-6 you will want to pit as you just slide everywhere. But yes would be nice to just have an option to say Force pit stop yes/no so we haev to pit at least once in a race to add to the excitement of when to pit early or late etc.

Ok, do you know if the stop is applied to Ai as well?