PDA

View Full Version : Honest question regarding DOR for the TX wheel

PTG Ty1er Ward
16-05-2015, 17:23
To the people who keep saying the game auto-adjusts the DOR based on the car you are in.....I have never seen it, not even once. I have both Xbox and PC versions. I have deleted and reinstalled the game, I have deleted the local Xbox player data, I have completely reset the USB ports, I have rotated the wheel in the calibration menu to the full 100 and then held it firmly in place at 90 degrees (so 900 is showing). With cars that should have a 270 DOR both the in game visual wheel and the physical TX rotate well past and have steering input well past 270. The same goes for cars that should have a 540 DOR.

The only way I can get the DOR to be 270 is to use the D-pad and mode button to set 270 DOR then go to the calibration menu and re-calibrate the wheel. I would be grateful if someone whose auto-DOR is working could try this in the F1 or LMP cars and please reply here if on your game it is the same thing as the Auto-DOR (I'd like to know if I'm going crazy or maybe I'm expecting it to be something that it is not ;))

Black Puma
16-05-2015, 17:35
I'm using the same wheel on Xbox One and have this issue as well.
Very annoying!

Bobbydakid
16-05-2015, 17:48
The auto DOR is working for me. I take you have done a hard reset on your console and unplugged your TX wheel from the mains? I always turn my Xbox and wheel off at the mains when not in use.

Seps1974
16-05-2015, 18:43
Have you set the DOR to 900 on the wheel base before doing the in game calibration?

evojoeix
16-05-2015, 19:10
not sure if the auto DOR works for me. the only way i can get the cars to feel like they are turning sharp enough is to set my wheel to 360 DOR

not sure if to need to play with other settings or what

PTG Ty1er Ward
16-05-2015, 20:46
Have you set the DOR to 900 on the wheel base before doing the in game calibration?

My TX wheel is from the original pre-order shipments and I have over a year of use on it with multiple games (Forza, iRacing, etc). I have tried literally every possible combination of things you can imagine. I've even done each of those with the Stock rim, the GTE rim and the F1 rim. I've even done all of that by unplugging the Xbox to reset the USB ports before performing each individual test with each individual rim. I have hours of testing trying to figure this out and frankly I'm going to just manually set DORs per car from now on. Even with this and major bugs with tuning (please fix soon) the game is pretty amazing, the potential is crazy and I plan enjoying it for a long time.

IR STiGGLES
16-05-2015, 23:04
My TX wheel is from the original pre-order shipments and I have over a year of use on it with multiple games (Forza, iRacing, etc). I have tried literally every possible combination of things you can imagine. I've even done each of those with the Stock rim, the GTE rim and the F1 rim. I've even done all of that by unplugging the Xbox to reset the USB ports before performing each individual test with each individual rim. I have hours of testing trying to figure this out and frankly I'm going to just manually set DORs per car from now on. Even with this and major bugs with tuning (please fix soon) the game is pretty amazing, the potential is crazy and I plan enjoying it for a long time.

does the f1 wheel get any more usable buttons on xbox? for example the 2 dpads, are they both usable or if you map something to dpad up will it do the same thing regardless of which dpad you use?

wearymick
16-05-2015, 23:59
I gave up on the auto DOR on day one. Until they patch for it, set the steering ratio quicker in the car setup options, otherwise you may as well be driving a bus.

PTG Ty1er Ward
17-05-2015, 02:10
does the f1 wheel get any more usable buttons on xbox? for example the 2 dpads, are they both usable or if you map something to dpad up will it do the same thing regardless of which dpad you use?

Unfortunately no- you are limited by only being able to map buttons the Xbox controller has (sky is the limit on PC though)

OneBadHuskerFan
17-05-2015, 03:32
Just chiming in to say I have the wheel and have had no issues with it as far as the DOR goes. Working as intended. Hope you guys that are having issues figure things out.