PDA

View Full Version : Lap invalidation

Ryanj98
16-05-2015, 17:46
Please someone explain to me why on earth do you get your lap invalidated for both the current and next lap when you make a simple mistake

Antiversum
16-05-2015, 17:47
This only happens quite close to the start/finish line. It is because on some tracks you can gain a lot of extra speed by driving the last corner too far or by cutting it.

Megalomanic87
16-05-2015, 17:50
Agreed with OP, so frustrating when you're against the clock in qualifying.
Also getting time penalties when being shunted off the track is incredibly annoying.

Time penalties alongside Invalidation has to be looked into further and fixed. It IS broken.

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 18:01
You can gain a huge advantage if you cut the last Corner on different Tracks...

Then you have a higher speed over the S/F Line and this will lead into better Times...

So it's from my Standpoint ok that it invalidate your current AND next ;)

ukfan758
17-05-2015, 00:25
This only happens quite close to the start/finish line. It is because on some tracks you can gain a lot of extra speed by driving the last corner too far or by cutting it.

It is actually the entire third/final sector, it is quite annoying when at the beginning of the Porsche Curves you run wide and it invalidates the entire next lap, even through the only corners cut that would be an advantage is the Ford Chicane, but it makes the racing fair in qualifying...

Goggles007
17-05-2015, 00:34
that has happened to me a couple of times, i just restart for now, hopefully they will fix before too long.