PDA

View Full Version : Quite simply unacceptable

JKay14
16-05-2015, 18:10
Let me be perfectly clear before I start. On a high end PC with an expensive wheel I'm sure this game is fantastic. However I purchased this game on the Xbox One so I can accept that graphically it isn't going to be the best, I appreciate that because I use a controller it isn't going to be the most realistic, but fundamentally I expect the game to perform well and play well...but that appears to be too much to ask for in a world where developers are constantly pushing out unfinished, unoptimised games!

First of all the frame rate is horrendous. I can except it's going to take a hit when you've got 40 odd cars racing around a track. However the constant stuttering makes driving incredibly difficult and very distracting. However even when you're just bombing around in time trial mode on your own the game still suffers from horrendous frame drops, screen tearing and weird glitches! I appreciate that there may be work arounds to help reduce this, but let's be honest we shouldn't have to do this should we? The game should work right out of the box. It is after all "finished". It's no longer in beta.

Secondly the handling is laughable with a controller. It really is! Admittedly some cars are better than others and I accept that all the cars are meant to handle differently. But some (in particular the Audi R8) are just literally impossible to control with the controller! It actually made me laugh out loud, that's how bad it was. I'm not a noob when it comes to racing games. In games such as Forza and Gran Turismo I can quite quite easily control a car with no aids on with a controller. I appreciate this game is mean't to be a full on sim. But when you make a decision to release a game on a console you have to make allowances for people using a controller. Whether you like it or not, 9 times out of 10 the people playing this game are using a controller. The handling would be a little more bearable if the frame rate was consistent! However it's currently up, down, up down and it just ruins the entire experience.

I appreciate that many users on this forum are thoroughly enjoying the game on Xbox One and that's great. But I can tell you that there are a lot of people like me that feel let down by the developers. I honestly feel cheated out of 50 pounds. The promise of a couple of patches doesn't give me much hope, especially after considering this game has been in development for 3 years and this is the best they could come up with.

Oh and shame on SMS for announcing a sequel before addressing the fundamental flaws to this crippled game. You won't be receiving anything off me in the future.

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 18:17
Project CARS...... no no..... Project BUGS!

Seps1974
16-05-2015, 18:38
Devs are aware of the issues and working on it. Go through the forum and you'll find lots of info on this. You'll also find info on some workarounds that may help you minimize those issues.

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 18:48
To the One, you do not need a patch, but a miracle.

Suburban Coot
16-05-2015, 19:02
Oh look, another "Rant" thread. Oh goody! :p

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 19:07
It's ok guys, good, bad, we need all feedback. Obviously insults and such wont be tolerated. Hopefully the upcoming xb1 patch we get everyone where they should be regarding input/handling.

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 19:18
Mine is a total disappointment. After years of development, we are still speaking of hope. Then "we hope".

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:02
It would just be nice to get an actual apology from SMS...but then again I guess that would be an admission of guilt!
How on earth they didn't spot the steering input bug in there "testing phase" is beyond me! lol

Sankyo
16-05-2015, 21:08
It would just be nice to get an actual apology from SMS...but then again I guess that would be an admission of guilt!
How on earth they didn't spot the steering input bug in there "testing phase" is beyond me! lol

Because sometimes things can get broken between dev builds and final release build.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:10
Oh right! So I'm guessing the "dev build" had a rock steady 60fps, literally no bugs and a controller that allowed you to actually control the cars!
Can I have that version please?

Robhd
16-05-2015, 21:19
Actually, to be objective these don't tend to be insults... And even if they were to whom? Insult a company? I think not!

They are however complaints... And in an age of social media etc as a company i would be very scared at the moment,or otherwise incredibly stupid! For example it is generally accepted one complaint on facebook escalates by a hundred fold... Extrapolate that and you have of today a major PR problem! For myself, yes the game needs a lot of quick fixes, but as a long term gamer and incredibly tolerant i am probably going to hang in there But then i am not really the issue... Slightly Mad... You probably have a week to sort this or as a small crowd source dev you are truly going to be screwed! Sorry but welcome to Orwell's brave world!

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:21
There's just a lot of frustration out there. I've championed this game since day one and was so desperate for it to succeed. But the end product is quite frankly appalling on the Xbox One. They should have delayed it...again.

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 21:26
The issue is that the One is snubbed by all. Almost all reviews are Pc / PS4 and then passed to One.We did not do anything to try Version One to a boy and make him work 8 hours a day. I would have done it for free.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:31
I think you're spot on there! Mind you, I played this game on my friends high end PC and a lot of the issues are still apparent on there too! Strange how it seems to get a free pass from a lot people. Imagine Forza or Gran Turismo launching in this fashion! People will be ripping it limb from limb! lol

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 21:34
There's just a lot of frustration out there. I've championed this game since day one and was so desperate for it to succeed. But the end product is quite frankly appalling on the Xbox One. They should have delayed it...again.
maybe have a chat with this guy:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25720-Anyone-loving-the-game&p=917805&viewfull=1#post917805

(Not denying the frustration but he seems to enjoy it somehow)

JKay14
16-05-2015, 21:36
Haha! Don't even get me started!

oscarolim
16-05-2015, 22:00
Of course driving in Forza and GT is easier. They have aids that you can't turn off to make it much easier to control a car, than it actually is in reality. Or do you think an F1 behaves the same way it does in Forza or GT, for example?
PCars is not a game where you turn 100% each side to turn a car. You need to know to dosage how much you turn. It's hard to master, but quite fun once you do it.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:09
Of course driving in Forza and GT is easier. They have aids that you can't turn off to make it much easier to control a car, than it actually is in reality. Or do you think an F1 behaves the same way it does in Forza or GT, for example?
PCars is not a game where you turn 100% each side to turn a car. You need to know to dosage how much you turn. It's hard to master, but quite fun once you do it.

So what are suggesting? We all go out and buy wheels?

I tell you what, go on the game and drive an Audi R8 in a 40 car race with no aids on using the controller. Tell me how to "master" that.

jsykes
16-05-2015, 22:09

But that is an unrealistic thing for a video game. You cannot expect that to be drivable in that fashion on a controller. The mere fact you're on a controller means its not a true sim as much as anyone want to say it is. There should be assists for controller usage that makes the game drivable and fun for those that do not have or want to use a wheel.

If you want true realistic function with a wheel, then they should allow you to take off those assists when using the wheel. However, they should be present when using a controller to make it fun for those that use a controller.

If they dont want the game to use a controller or say that using one will be extremely hard or unusable without a wheel, then they should have made it known so those buying would know going in.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:11
But that is an unrealistic thing for a video game. You cannot expect that to be drivable in that fashion on a controller. The mere fact you're on a controller means its not a true sim as much as anyone want to say it is. There should be assists for controller usage that makes the game drivable and fun for those that do not have or want to use a wheel.

If you want true realistic function with a wheel, then they should allow you to take off those assists when using the wheel. However, they should be present when using a controller to make it fun for those that use a controller.

If they dont want the game to use a controller or say that using one will be extremely hard or unusable without a wheel, then they should have made it known so those buying would know going in.

Spot on!

Raven403
16-05-2015, 22:19
maybe have a chat with this guy:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25720-Anyone-loving-the-game&p=917805&viewfull=1#post917805

(Not denying the frustration but he seems to enjoy it somehow)

Ok so first of all, I am enjoying this game for the most part. I too have been really excited and a champion of this game as soon as I found out about it. The fact is the game is broken on Xbox, it just is. I get that things happen and Im not a game programmer/designer/tester Im a consumer. I pay my money for goods or services, and usually when you pay for something and its not what you wanted or were expecting its pretty common to get some complaints about that.

So while I appreciate your loyalty to SMS the snarky attitude it a bit off-putting. The game is broken, and yeah there are some of us that are dealing with certain things enough to be able to get some enjoyment out of it, I do, once I wade through all the glitches and bugs and get a good 20 laps in somewhere it feels great, until I have to pit and for some reason my tires disappear or the crew puts wets on my car for no reason, and im snapped back into reality. Long story short is the game isn't KEEPING an audience, and for a small studio like SMS, that spells big trouble.

Ive posted multiple times in multiple bug threads trying to help in any way I can to improve the game and get patches out because I do Love what this game has the POTENTIAL to offer. But I'm afraid Im probably in the minority when it comes to Xbox 1 users (not to mention Im invested with a wheel, and an External HDD). You cant expect people to wait for you to fix a game that You released after 3 delays stating the game has been polished and is 100% done. Its like buying a car and going to take delivery and there are no seats besides the driver seat, Yeah you CAN use it, but that's not really the point is it?

I get that its frustrating to hear people bash the thing you've been working on for so long, but you also cant expect people to be happy about it, or expect people to be patient and wait for fixes. I feel for you SMS, and I like that I see a lot of Dev activity on the forum and know that you guys are working to fix this stuff, But its a bit late for a lot of people.

Espen S. Andresen
16-05-2015, 22:24

Spot on!

1. There are assists that make the game drivable and fun for those who don't have or dont want to use a wheel.

2. All assists can be taken off when using a wheel.

3. We wanted the game to be played on controllers and wheels alike. You can however not expect to be able to compete with a controller WITH ASSISTS OFF, because pCARS is a SIM.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:29
1. There are assists that make the game drivable and fun for those who don't have or dont want to use a wheel.

3. We wanted the game to be played on controllers and wheels alike. You can however not expect to be able to compete with a controller WITH ASSISTS OFF, because pCARS is a SIM.

I appreciate I'm going to be slower with a controller than with a wheel. But I kind of still expect to be able to control the cars with a joypad? After all...it's a game!

Raven403
16-05-2015, 22:30

While yes your are correct there are MANY MANY issues besides the controller issue. And yes the best way to enjoy this game is with a wheel, Unfortunately on Xbox that is ALSO totally broken. The FFB is completely broken and by the time you figure out how to get it to a point where you can drive the cars, your so sick of it you don't actually want to keep playing. Trust me. I have it on PC too and the difference between the two is night and day. Not to mention you cant play with your friends, because every time someone joins your lobby, someone ELSE freezes or gets booted, and say everyone makes it in the lobby and you get lucky enough to start a session, OH there goes game chat for half of us, so now you cant communicate. Its not just the controller Espen, I get what your trying to say but unless you've played this on Xbox im not sure you can appreciate how BROKEN it really is.

Gunflight
16-05-2015, 22:35
Yes! I would also like that version!

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 22:37

Do not be confused. I am a racing gamer expert and use the joypad for years. Do not confuse the bug with not knowing how to play, it is not correct.

Espen S. Andresen
16-05-2015, 22:41
I appreciate I'm going to be slower with a controller than with a wheel. But I kind of still expect to be able to control the cars with a joypad? After all...it's a game!

Well, quite a few guys on controllers are quite high on the leaderboards, so it IS possible to compete. It's just harder, especially if you turn all assists off.
Some cars have assists for a good reason, in real life as well as in this game. That's why there's a "realistic assists" setting, that allows you to use the assists the real life car has. ABS, Traction Control and/or Stability Control.

You can change this under options > gameplay > authenticity > assists allowed = "real".

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:45
Well, quite a few guys on controllers are quite high on the leaderboards, so it IS possible to compete. It's just harder, especially if you turn all assists off.
Some cars have assists for a good reason, in real life as well as in this game. That's why there's a "realistic assists" setting, that allows you to use the assists the real life car has. ABS, Traction Control and/or Stability Control.

You can change this under options > gameplay > authenticity > assists allowed = "real".

Oh brilliant. Well that's all sorted. Perhaps you can tell me how to fix the frame rate issues? Oh and sound glitches?

Espen S. Andresen
16-05-2015, 22:46
While yes your are correct there are MANY MANY issues besides the controller issue. And yes the best way to enjoy this game is with a wheel, Unfortunately on Xbox that is ALSO totally broken. The FFB is completely broken and by the time you figure out how to get it to a point where you can drive the cars, your so sick of it you don't actually want to keep playing. Trust me. I have it on PC too and the difference between the two is night and day. Not to mention you cant play with your friends, because every time someone joins your lobby, someone ELSE freezes or gets booted, and say everyone makes it in the lobby and you get lucky enough to start a session, OH there goes game chat for half of us, so now you cant communicate. Its not just the controller Espen, I get what your trying to say but unless you've played this on Xbox im not sure you can appreciate how BROKEN it really is.

Yes, I'm aware that there are issues. I do however have faith that most of these will be fixed pretty damn quick.
I was just trying to help these two guys who seemed to be under the impression that you had to play the game without assists on controllers.

Espen S. Andresen
16-05-2015, 22:49
Oh brilliant. Well that's all sorted. Perhaps you can tell me how to fix the frame rate issues? Oh and sound glitches?

Nope, sorry, I'm not THAT deep into the development. ;)

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:50
Nope, sorry, I'm not THAT deep into the development. ;)

Haha! I appreciate you trying to help me. But believe me I've tried many different settings.

What's the saying, you can polish a turd...

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 22:52
When a game is only for "kinect" is written on the packaging. Project Cars If you play "only with the wheel" must be mentioned.

JKay14
16-05-2015, 22:56
When a game is only for "kinect" is written on the packaging. Project Cars If you play "only with the wheel" must be mentioned.

Now that is a good idea my friend!

Incredibike
16-05-2015, 23:00
Now that is a good idea my friend!

And then how many copies have sold? :-P

JKay14
16-05-2015, 23:05
And then how many copies have sold? :-P

Well there are about 10 people in the world that use a wheel on the Xbox One, so they would sell about...10 copies!

Beamin
16-05-2015, 23:30
Original poster.. I agree with you so much. This might be the first game where I fight for a refund.

Beamin
16-05-2015, 23:57
Let me be perfectly clear before I start. On a high end PC with an expensive wheel I'm sure this game is fantastic. However I purchased this game on the Xbox One so I can accept that graphically it isn't going to be the best, I appreciate that because I use a controller it isn't going to be the most realistic, but fundamentally I expect the game to perform well and play well...but that appears to be too much to ask for in a world where developers are constantly pushing out unfinished, unoptimised games!

First of all the frame rate is horrendous. I can except it's going to take a hit when you've got 40 odd cars racing around a track. However the constant stuttering makes driving incredibly difficult and very distracting. However even when you're just bombing around in time trial mode on your own the game still suffers from horrendous frame drops, screen tearing and weird glitches! I appreciate that there may be work arounds to help reduce this, but let's be honest we shouldn't have to do this should we? The game should work right out of the box. It is after all "finished". It's no longer in beta.

Secondly the handling is laughable with a controller. It really is! Admittedly some cars are better than others and I accept that all the cars are meant to handle differently. But some (in particular the Audi R8) are just literally impossible to control with the controller! It actually made me laugh out loud, that's how bad it was. I'm not a noob when it comes to racing games. In games such as Forza and Gran Turismo I can quite quite easily control a car with no aids on with a controller. I appreciate this game is mean't to be a full on sim. But when you make a decision to release a game on a console you have to make allowances for people using a controller. Whether you like it or not, 9 times out of 10 the people playing this game are using a controller. The handling would be a little more bearable if the frame rate was consistent! However it's currently up, down, up down and it just ruins the entire experience.

I appreciate that many users on this forum are thoroughly enjoying the game on Xbox One and that's great. But I can tell you that there are a lot of people like me that feel let down by the developers. I honestly feel cheated out of 50 pounds. The promise of a couple of patches doesn't give me much hope, especially after considering this game has been in development for 3 years and this is the best they could come up with.

Oh and shame on SMS for announcing a sequel before addressing the fundamental flaws to this crippled game. You won't be receiving anything off me in the future.

I made your post bold.. I could not agree more. everyone needs to see this so they realize that it's not just them. You are right.. Devs are pushing out games that HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON MARKET. If we don't take some sort of action, this will continue.

Incredibike
17-05-2015, 00:40
Another thing I would like is a small description of the different setup. Because I do not know any Hamilton, Vettel, Raikkonen, Rosberg etc. etc.

jsykes
17-05-2015, 00:44

Maybe you didnt really read or comprehend my post.

I'm not talking about assists such as traction control or ABS, I'm taking about putting assists into the programming that allow the controller stick to be usable with this game. You cannot assume a stick, which has a very limited range of motion, to be able to be used in the same way as a steering wheel that has 900 degrees of rotation. There has to be something in the programming to make this work, such as Forza and GT do.

I have messed with all the assists and settings you have available in the game and the current programming makes the stick way too sensitive. Here is a photo of my stick barely moved half of its movement and the photo on the screen has the car at full lock.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8821/17434770448_89edbd2756_c.jpg

It also varies car to car, I'm assuming based on the stock cars range of wheel motion. It seems to take the cars full range of wheel motion and make it work within half the movement of the control stick. Also, adjusting the steering ratio in the car settings does not seem to make a difference on the controller.

This isnt right, and makes using a controller more than just a little difficult.

Dont patronize those that want to use a controller by making it sound like we dont know what the F*** we're talking about. If the developers want this game for only the high and might sim crowd, then fine, tell us controller users and we'll move on (after collecting my refund for falsely portraying this game). Otherwise, if they want the thousands of console users that sill use a controller, then they need to do something to fix it and fix it soon.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 00:50

I'm not talking about assists such as traction control or ABS, I'm taking about putting assists into the programming that allow the controller stick to be usable with this game. You cannot assume a stick, which has a very limited range of motion, to be able to be used in the same way as a steering wheel that has 900 degrees of rotation.

Dont patronize those that want to use a controller by making it sound like we dont know what the F*** we're talking about. If the developers want this game for only the high and might sim crowd, then fine, tell us controller users and we'll move on (after collecting my refund for falsely portraying this game). Otherwise, if they want the thousands of console users that sill use a controller, then they need to do something to fix it and fix it soon.

THIS.

Incredibike
17-05-2015, 00:52
The list of bugs for One is boundless. The game has been postponed several times. Just a simple patch to fix the disaster on One? And given the waiting time of the output of the game, when we have to wait?

Cliffyboy1962
17-05-2015, 00:55

This is indeed a sad day if this was honestly the actual view of the whole of the Dev team. Thankfully, I don't believe it is.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 00:57

This is indeed a sad day if this was honestly the actual view of the whole of the Dev team. Thankfully, I don't believe it is.

ok, now I am VERY suspicious of you, friend. Are you the hired cleanup crew or something?

KilrPayne
17-05-2015, 00:57

I'm not talking about assists such as traction control or ABS, I'm taking about putting assists into the programming that allow the controller stick to be usable with this game. You cannot assume a stick, which has a very limited range of motion, to be able to be used in the same way as a steering wheel that has 900 degrees of rotation. There has to be something in the programming to make this work, such as Forza and GT do.

I have messed with all the assists and settings you have available in the game and the current programming makes the stick way too sensitive. Here is a photo of my stick barely moved half of its movement and the photo on the screen has the car at full lock.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8821/17434770448_89edbd2756_c.jpg

It also varies car to car, I'm assuming based on the stock cars range of wheel motion. It seems to take the cars full range of wheel motion and make it work within half the movement of the control stick. Also, adjusting the steering ratio in the car settings does not seem to make a difference on the controller.

This isnt right, and makes using a controller more than just a little difficult.

Go to controller settings and change controller input mode or whatever its' called at the bottom to another number. After setting mine to 3 it got rid of the hypersensitivity and made the game playable.

jsykes
17-05-2015, 01:01
Go to controller settings and change controller input mode or whatever its' called at the bottom to another number. After setting mine to 3 it got rid of the hypersensitivity and made the game playable.

That photo is mode 3 and I've tried all of them. 3 is the best and does make it possible on some cars, but many are still way too sensitive.

Marcel Walker
17-05-2015, 02:51
I hope the patch coming fixes everything, other wise I think there is going to be a riot.

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 03:42
I hope the patch coming fixes everything, other wise I think there is going to be a riot.

I'm giving them this one chance to fix it. If they screw this up I will get a refund.

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 04:03
You know the won't learn a thing by just asking for a refund. I've already told my friends to wait for Forza 6 and wish i did the same.

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 04:21
Haha. Man I'm 38 years old. I learned a lot in those years. One thing iv learned is, time is money. I already spent money on the game and wasted days trying to make it somewhat enjoyable. No more. I will wait for this patch but that's that. Oh and I can guarantee you Forza 6 will release with far more class and polish than this debacle.

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 04:31
Haha. Man I'm 38 years old. I learned a lot in those years. One thing iv learned is, time is money. I already spent money on the game and wasted days trying to make it somewhat enjoyable. No more. I will wait for this patch but that's that. Oh and I can guarantee you Forza 6 will release with far more class and polish than this debacle.

Don't forget to mention that Forza 6 has a huge dev team and millions of dollars to work with. Fair comparison.

I just put a 6th place leaderboard time on California Highway in a road car... on a controller.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 05:31
You know the won't learn a thing by just asking for a refund. I've already told my friends to wait for Forza 6 and wish i did the same.

People can wait for Forza 6 if they want, but this game and Forza are not similar at all. It would be liking saying you need fast transport and you choose a Concord, but then get annoyed by a delay and go via glider instead.

conenubi701
17-05-2015, 05:54
People can wait for Forza 6 if they want, but this game and Forza are not similar at all. It would be liking saying you need fast transport and you choose a Concord, but then get annoyed by a delay and go via glider instead.

A Concord that crashes mid flight?

chillgreg
17-05-2015, 05:59
Don't forget to mention that Forza 6 has a huge dev team and millions of dollars to work with. Fair comparison.

I just put a 6th place leaderboard time on California Highway in a road car... on a controller.

Yes it's possible, but that doesn't make it fun​. More like a stressful chore...

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 06:04

Why do I care how big the dev team is or how much money they have to work with.? All I care about is the final product. I don't care how it got here or who made it. When I proposed to my wife I insisted on a blood diamond because it was flawless and cost less. I could care less where it came from! She loves it and that's all that matters. Good for you on the 6th place. "I didn't know they made sixth place ribbons Greg" haha.

Jk on the blood diamond thing. But really. It's like some of you are so hung up on these guys that made the game. They are these under dogs and trying.... What they are are con men. They promised a product that they delayed multiple times and when it was finally released its still a beta.... Sad.

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 06:05

The big difference would be Forza 6 is developed by a team that understands consoles and actually make a product that works. It's sad that Microsoft offered a refund when i contacted them about the issues i was having with the Project: Broken Cars. Another major difference is the devs don't reply with smart ass remarks for tech issues with their product. The attitude here is poor to say the least.

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 06:13
Yes it's possible, but that doesn't make it fun​. More like a stressful chore...

Fighting a race car around a track in real life IS stressful. I never feel like any of my mistakes aren't my fault though and when you string together a perfect lap/corner/whatever it feels immensely fun in pCARS. This is not a game that holds your hand, it tries to simulate real life conditions. As accurately as it can, anyway.

I can't rule out that all of you aren't having real problems that I am not happening to have though. Don't take my words as trying to diminish your guys issues. I do feel, however, that there are a LOT of people that expected this game to be easier such as Forza 5 with assists on. I guess time will tell when the patch comes out. After that it is a matter of taking the time to "get" the physics of this vs Forza instead of blaming it on anything else.

Another thing is that a lot of these cars become a lot more stable with some tuning for your driving style. Don't like the lift off oversteer of the Clio touring car? It can be tuned out, mostly. ETC. You can't expect to just throw a bunch of race parts on a car and have it to drive the way you want IRL without dialing in the camber, toe, spring rates, putting it on a dyno, etc.

I truly hope this upcoming patch fixes all of the problems people seem to have with the controller, I really want to see this franchise thrive.

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 06:19
What they are are con men.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I cannot agree. If that were the case it wouldn't have been delayed even once and they wouldn't be working on patches.

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 06:26
I'm sorry you feel that way but I cannot agree. If that were the case it wouldn't have been delayed even once and they wouldn't be working on patches.

OK. Maybe got a bit carried away. Anyway. I do feel a bit conned on this. Waited so long and then having to deal with all this. Hope this patch is really a big fix.

Nick Claydon
17-05-2015, 06:30
They are these under dogs and trying.... What they are are con men. They promised a product that they delayed multiple times and when it was finally released its still a beta.... Sad.

It saddens me that you feel like this but your statement is way out of line, Con men ? Really ? they delayed the product for the best, Rome was not built in a day, which is why SMS will carry on for a while yet adding and improving on it, it is called dedication to their customers.

Name me a game/ sim that has been released with zero problems/........

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 06:38
The big difference would be Forza 6 is developed by a team that understands consoles and actually make a product that works. It's sad that Microsoft offered a refund when i contacted them about the issues i was having with the Project: Broken Cars. Another major difference is the devs don't reply with smart ass remarks for tech issues with their product. The attitude here is poor to say the least.

This game does work. There are lots of people in here playing it and enjoying it. Sure, it has issues in places, the most notable would be the controller values, but it has been fixed, a patch is coming. So what is the point in continually banging on about it? All the issues found thus far have been noted by SMS and will be fixed ASAP.

As for Forza & Turn 10, they are a first party studio with a long established franchise and more experience with the hardware. So it makes sense their game is more polished overall. However, that does not change the fact that what SMS have attempted to do, and largely succeeded I might add, is a bring a game that is very different, a game that tries to replicate the thrill, the competitiveness, and just the overall feel of racing. Forza doesn't do that, that isn't Forza's goal.

So, like I said before, people can wait for Forza if they wish, they can try to get a refund and go Forza only/instead, but these are not similar games. They offer different experiences.

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 06:38
It saddens me that you feel like this but your statement is way out of line, Con men ? Really ? they delayed the product for the best, Rome was not built in a day, which is why SMS will carry on for a while yet adding and improving on it, it is called dedication to their customers.

Name me a game/ sim that has been released with zero problems/........

Nothing has been released with zero problems. This is far from zero problems. I mean the controller problems are instantly apparent I have literally played betas with a lot less problems. This is just crazy how many things slipped through the cracks. It's as if they took the pc version and ported it without testing it for one minute. Just said yup it's good.

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 07:10
For me it's not just an annoying controller issue that I've adapted to already, I'm now where i can't play the game because of a software issue as well. I can't even get a response in my thread for the save error bug. In another thread for the same issue the dev that replied was a smart ass in his response not even trying to help or solve the problem. The professionalism of this group sadly lacking the levels on any production I've ever seen. It 's like they don't care that game is not playable to people that bought the game. I'm overjoyed for you that you can play the game, but for those of that can't play this is attitude they seem to be have toward us is very poor. When I contacted Microsoft wondering if there was issue with my console they found the problem to be with the game itself and needs to patched or a workaround was needed. When they were copied the forum threads about the issues we were having and they read the responses from the devs, MICROSOFT OFFERED A REFUND! SMS and WMD need to offer more help instead of thinking we are trolling them over controller issues, the save error bug, and any other bugs we report. This behavior is just uncalled for and at least admit that they shipped a poor product and unplayable game.

Patrik Marek
17-05-2015, 07:39

can you record video of these hidden assists?? I keep hearing this around, but imo it's only in your head
yes gamepad has "assists" it's called controller filtering , but there is no hidden ABS, TC or ESP

Initia1 B
17-05-2015, 07:44
Oh right! So I'm guessing the "dev build" had a rock steady 60fps, literally no bugs and a controller that allowed you to actually control the cars!
Can I have that version please?

Yeah sweet, put me down for a copy too.

freakinout
17-05-2015, 07:45
Whats controller filtering?

MysterG
17-05-2015, 07:46
The big thing here is that SMS/WMD are trying in their own way to improve the way games are made by dropping the publishers who dictate time limits, patch limits and what makes it into the game at all.
This process is new to them and is bound to have hiccups along the way.

Sure as hell though they are NOT trying to con anyone. They are upset that bugs exists and are doing their damndest to fix them but it still takes time. As to not offering help, that's what this place is about. There are many people trying to offer help, but that number will dwindle and die the more people who come on ranting and demanding.

As I see it all of the people who are labelling SMS/WMD as scammers, con men or deliberately trying to mislead their customers are doing a lot of harm to what could be a great future of games without publishers holding all the cards.
Keep it up and they might as well just go back to making games for a publisher, getting paid to do it and not have to have the hassles of dealing with the general public.

They are a small company (that is important to understand) that is trying to break new ground which if successful is to the benefit to all of us (on all platforms). It seems that some would just love things to stay as they are.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 07:54
With regards to the people who are questioning why we are comparing this game to Forza - look at the back of the box! "This game is better than Forza and Gran Turismo"!! Lmao no it isn't!

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 08:00
With regards to the people who are questioning why we are comparing this game to Forza - look at the back of the box! "This game is better than Forza and Gran Turismo"!! Lmao no it isn't!

That is a matter of opinion.

I personally think it is better. I think the physics are better, I think the tracks look better. The atmosphere is better. This game has dynamic weather and dynamic night & day cycles. I think it has some nice graphical features. I think the mechanical failures are better.

It just has some teething issues.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:04
Thanks for that! I really needed a laugh this morning.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:05
"Some teething issues"!?!? It needs putting down!

freakinout
17-05-2015, 08:13
I've played forza 5 since release and in my opinion this game is better.Theres big issues with difficulty but a large chunk of this will be resolved in the quick patch.
If they sort out other issues ( fps drops, ai anomolies, menus, ffb) i see huge potential in this game as a console sim.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:18
I've played forza 5 since release and in my opinion this game is better.Theres big issues with difficulty but a large chunk of this will be resolved in the quick patch.
If they sort out other issues ( fps drops, ai anomolies, menus, ffb) i see huge potential in this game as a console sim.

Unfortunately the game is just fundamentally broken on Xbox one. Wait and see, the patches won't make any difference

Wootball
17-05-2015, 08:20
Obviously people are capable of driving with a controller, since a lot of the top times are using one. If it's too sensitive, turn down the steering ratio on the car you're using so that the car steers less when you move the stick. Change the steering sensitivity to make it even less sensitive. Yes, I have a wheel now but even with a controller it was brilliant - extremely difficult, as it should be, but brilliant nonetheless. There are a LOT of settings in Project Cars and not everyone likes the same thing, so take the time to get things how you like them and it will eventually click. Honestly I feel your frustration, at first I couldn't take a single corner without smashing my car up - but once I'd got the controller settings how I liked them it was night and day.

Bugs are another matter but the devs are listening and intend to fix them as per each bugs priority. I don't think it's fair to condemn the game or the devs for making a simulation game though - if you play without assists and don't change anything to suit your control method it's bound to be tough.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:24
Obviously people are capable of driving with a controller, since a lot of the top times are using one. If it's too sensitive, turn down the steering ratio on the car you're using so that the car steers less when you move the stick. Change the steering sensitivity to make it even less sensitive. Yes, I have a wheel now but even with a controller it was brilliant - extremely difficult, as it should be, but brilliant nonetheless. There are a LOT of settings in Project Cars and not everyone likes the same thing, so take the time to get things how you like them and it will eventually click. Honestly I feel your frustration, at first I couldn't take a single corner without smashing my car up - but once I'd got the controller settings how I liked them it was night and day.

Bugs are another matter but the devs are listening and intend to fix them as per each bugs priority. I don't think it's fair to condemn the game or the devs for making a simulation game though - if you play without assists and don't change anything to suit your control method it's bound to be tough.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Once again another person who believes that it's the stupid, controller users fault! The physics are fundamentally flawed on a controller

Wootball
17-05-2015, 08:25
Alright mate. Take it back then.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:26
Alright mate. Take it back then.

Haha! Forgiven ;)

Wootball
17-05-2015, 08:27
Haha! Forgiven ;)

No, I meant take the game back. I still think you're wrong.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 08:28
"Some teething issues"!?!? It needs putting down!
What is that you want at this point? What is your end objective or goal? Why do you spend your time and energy at this forum?

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:32
What is that you want at this point? What is your end objective or goal? Why do you spend your time and energy at this forum?

I would like my 50 back please. Sadly here in the UK shops don't accept refunds when you open the box. No matter how faulty it is!

Plus it's nice to hold these people to account

Wootball
17-05-2015, 08:35
Have you tried selling it on eBay or Gumtree?

Rockstar Matt
17-05-2015, 08:36
In terms of playing with a pad, if you change your controller settings (deadzone, sensitivity, etc) you can find it more manageable. When I first attempted a lap of PCARS, I couldn't make it around the track. Mind you, I was a top GT racer on Forza. With the help of some friends, and some messing around of my own, I have a controller set-up that works well for me.

I think we should also remember that this wasn't a game produced by a company with huge financial backing. Plus, nearly every single game will encounter issues when it enters the market. The difference here is that SMS will actively update and fix as needed. I have the utmost confidence they won't forget us like Turn 10 did on Forza 5.

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:38
Have you tried selling it on eBay or Gumtree?

Well first of all I shouldn't have to. Secondly I wouldn't get the full amount back and thirdly another poor sod would be stuck with this failed "project"

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:39
In terms of playing with a pad, if you change your controller settings (deadzone, sensitivity, etc) you can find it more manageable. When I first attempted a lap of PCARS, I couldn't make it around the track. Mind you, I was a top GT racer on Forza. With the help of some friends, and some messing around of my own, I have a controller set-up that works well for me.

I think we should also remember that this wasn't a game produced by a company with huge financial backing. Plus, nearly every single game will encounter issues when it enters the market. The difference here is that SMS will actively update and fix as needed. I have the utmost confidence they won't forget us like Turn 10 did on Forza 5.

I don't really care what budget they had. If they charge the same as Forza/gt then it's fair game as far as I'm concerned

Wootball
17-05-2015, 08:40
Well first of all I shouldn't have to. Secondly I wouldn't get the full amount back and thirdly another poor sod would be stuck with this failed "project"

I know, but you'd have a good percentage of the money back in your pocket and give someone else the chance to tune the game and master it because you don't want to :)

Umer Ahmad
I would like my 50 back please. Sadly here in the UK shops don't accept refunds when you open the box. No matter how faulty it is!

Plus it's nice to hold these people to account

Well sorry but there is no route on this forum to get a refund from anyone here.

My suggestion to you is to walk away from this , uninstall if you havnt done so already and perhaps check back in 2 months. You have really wasted enough time and energy at this point.

CLOSING THREAD.

stugiiia
OK day and night cycles are nice weather is done well and better than in Forza Horizon 2. I mean it really changes how the how car drive in this game, but the attention to detail has me at a lose for words. I.E. The Pagani Huarya flap movement in turns is off. They move independently depending on the direction of the turn, and are only synced during breaking. On some other car models parts just don't look right. As far as the tracks at least in Forza 5 i could almost forget i was looking at graphics instead of watch a race on TV. Project Cars has a ways to go to match Forza on track detail, Road America is a good example it looks tike used and model from Forza 3. Le mans during day time is on the PS3/360 level of graphics with a lot of the sponsor missing from the barriers around the track. Bathurst is another that a going over if they make a sequel. Leguna Seca is another that make me wonder, the corkscrew turn is great example of not quite there in design I just don't get the same feeling as i do in any of the Forza games. The immersion just isn't there for me. There are little things like the sun glare effect and over use of bloom effects that kill the feeling.

However, after finding a work around for save error bug, and being able to play the game again. I can at least say that I am enjoying the stuff they got right in the game. I might even have fun when I start the next superkart season.