PDA

View Full Version : Racing line upgrade

toxiclego
16-05-2015, 18:45
I know that my issue is small and only a select few will agree with me but, I would like to see a colorblind mode on the race
Line. The green to red is hard to see form me. I know that race lines are not for everyone
but it really helps you when you are learning a track. The colors to me are too close in color
maybe have a option that changes the green to blue? Does anyone else have the same problem?

tubbychris1
17-05-2015, 09:07
That is a good point on colourblind, certainly an option that would be good for people like you. I too use the racing line for learning tracks, but I found that the braking distances suggested on the racing lines are way too long. Basically if I applied the brakes exactly at the first red line then I would stop rather than go round the corners lol. No problems once learnt the track and braking distances by using braking markers or places on the track but I think the racing lines could be a bit more exact imo. But with the other bugs, this is just a side issue really.

toxiclego
17-05-2015, 15:00
I haven't had that happen lol I do see the color change but I am almost on top of it before i can see it. Maybe its for the better

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 15:03
Can i make a suggestion? Turn it off. You will learn the track faster honestly. You will use the natural visual cues around the track (cones, signs, bridges etc.) as your braking and turning points.

tubbychris1
17-05-2015, 15:10
Can i make a suggestion? Turn it off. You will learn the track faster honestly. You will use the natural visual cues around the track (cones, signs, bridges etc.) as your braking and turning points.

Surely everyone has their own methods of learning tracks, including those who learn with the racing line guide on, otherwise why would all racing games have it as a feature?

nissan4ever
17-05-2015, 15:15
Surely everyone has their own methods of learning tracks, including those who learn with the racing line guide on, otherwise why would all racing games have it as a feature?

No he's right. You will learn it faster without the line on. You will be instead looking for markings on the track to learn the braking point for a turn, followed by which gear and throttle control. The line makes you lazy and to relient on it.

cplzell
17-05-2015, 15:26
i'd like the line only for the brake (red)...the long green on the straight is bad to see

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 15:29
I know that my issue is small and only a select few will agree with me but, I would like to see a colorblind mode on the race
Line. The green to red is hard to see form me. I know that race lines are not for everyone
but it really helps you when you are learning a track. The colors to me are too close in color
maybe have a option that changes the green to blue? Does anyone else have the same problem?

I dont use the lines but i appreciate there are folk out there that find it helps them enjoy the game better, also, Im not colourblind myself, but i have friend who is, and he finds the alternate colour scheme on bf4 extremely helpful, i agree its a option SMS should look in to.

jam1uk
18-05-2015, 10:12

Wow now that's a suggestion wish I thought of that!... I apologise for my sarcasm but your comment sounded really condescending, so is that the answer to this, another glitch in the game? Turn the aid off? And tell the person they are better off without it?. If there was a problem with traction control (which there might be i dont know) would your answer be to turn that off and ask them to be gentle with the throttle? The racing line on this game is very wrong, the faster the car you drive the more wrong the braking line is which is. May I make a suggestion to you? Many different people play games on consoles and you can guarantee that not everyone is the same, so as a moderator if you reply to a comment/request for help please be helpful, this game has a list as long as both arms of problems and then some so you need to be a little thoughtful in your replies, respect goes both ways.
Thank you

Sonic6L
18-05-2015, 10:39
i'd like the line only for the brake (red)...the long green on the straight is bad to see

I agree with this. This is how I learn tracks, with just a braking line and then I slowly move onto visual cues on track. But even then the braking line is incorrect, taking Imola for example, the first corner after the start/finish straight, if I follow the line, I'll come to a stop before I even reach the corner. There are many more instances like that on that track. I mainly keep it there as a guide but I use visual cues on track once I have learnt the track. Taking Silverstone as an example I turn the line off completely.

Wow now that's a suggestion wish I thought of that!... I apologise for my sarcasm but your comment sounded really condescending, so is that the answer to this, another glitch in the game? Turn the aid off? And tell the person they are better off without it?. If there was a problem with traction control (which there might be i dont know) would your answer be to turn that off and ask them to be gentle with the throttle? The racing line on this game is very wrong, the faster the car you drive the more wrong the braking line is which is. May I make a suggestion to you? Many different people play games on consoles and you can guarantee that not everyone is the same, so as a moderator if you reply to a comment/request for help please be helpful, this game has a list as long as both arms of problems and then some so you need to be a little thoughtful in your replies, respect goes both ways.
Thank you

Fully agree. Terrible reply from a moderator imho. Hang your head in shame.

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 10:52
I agree with this. This is how I learn tracks, with just a braking line and then I slowly move onto visual cues on track. But even then the braking line is incorrect, taking Imola for example, the first corner after the start/finish straight, if I follow the line, I'll come to a stop before I even reach the corner. There are many more instances like that on that track. I mainly keep it there as a guide but I use visual cues on track once I have learnt the track. Taking Silverstone as an example I turn the line off completely.

Fully agree. Terrible reply from a moderator imho. Hang your head in shame.

I'm not going to undermined Umer here but I can see how it could be taken wrongly.

I think two feature suggestions can come out of this thread:
1 - A driving line for those colour blind. I believe it is red and green at the moment which I can imagine causes problems
2 - Just a braking line. I believe I've already read a post regarding this in the feature suggestions section.

In regard to learning braking points it is down to each individual. Personally I knock down all the marker boards as they will often go during a race then use, lights, barriers, marshals etc to gauge the points. From what you are saying, the second of the options would help you better, as from what I can tell your finding the change from green to red a little to quick. It that correct? Would just a red brake line help?

Hope this helps.

Pete

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 10:56
I'd add it might be useful or a help to have no racing line in the mirrors as this might free up some processing space.

Sonic6L
18-05-2015, 11:07
I'm not going to undermined Umer here but I can see how it could be taken wrongly.

1 - A driving line for those colour blind. I believe it is red and green at the moment which I can imagine causes problems
2 - Just a braking line. I believe I've already read a post regarding this in the feature suggestions section.

In regard to learning braking points it is down to each individual. Personally I knock down all the marker boards as they will often go during a race then use, lights, barriers, marshals etc to gauge the points. From what you are saying, the second of the options would help you better, as from what I can tell your finding the change from green to red a little to quick. It that correct? Would just a red brake line help?

Hope this helps.

Pete

1. It's green, yellow and then red. Apart from inside tunnels. On California Highway 1, going into the tunnel it's green, then turns into a random colour due to lighting and the back to green coming out of tunnels in California Highway 1 (to me anyway on my TV but I don't have an issue with this).
2. Just a braking line, an accurate braking line would be good as an option.

I learn tracks with the braking line on, and then I'll brake that split second later and then when I come round to that corner again I'll look at visual cues around the track. Sometimes markers, sometimes different points in and around the corner. As you said, every individual is different.

cplzell
18-05-2015, 11:40
the line just for brake zone, please...the line on the rest of the track is ugly to see and it's totally useless

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 11:45
1. It's green, yellow and then red. Apart from inside tunnels. On California Highway 1, going into the tunnel it's green, then turns into a random colour due to lighting and the back to green coming out of tunnels in California Highway 1 (to me anyway on my TV but I don't have an issue with this).
2. Just a braking line, an accurate braking line would be good as an option.

I learn tracks with the braking line on, and then I'll brake that split second later and then when I come round to that corner again I'll look at visual cues around the track. Sometimes markers, sometimes different points in and around the corner. As you said, every individual is different.

Can you grab me a screenshot of change of colour in the tunnel on California Highway please? I'm trying to determine whether that's a bug in itself.

Thanks,

Pete

jam1uk
18-05-2015, 11:48

Hope this helps.

Pete

Hi Pete
I can't speak for colour blind issue but I think a just a red brake line would be an option to have, as it's been said many people with different ways. But it needs to be in the right-ish place what ever the case. As I said before the faster the car the more far out the braking line is, for instance when driving the formula A cars on some corners I've past the start of the red line flat out and changed up a gear before applying the brake for the corner. The line seems intelligent as it changes colour as you approach, you just need to up its IQ lol..
Many thanks
Rich

McQueen1977
18-05-2015, 11:48
the line just for brake zone, please...the line on the rest of the track is ugly to see and it's totally useless

This.

Sonic6L
18-05-2015, 12:45
Can you grab me a screenshot of change of colour in the tunnel on California Highway please? I'm trying to determine whether that's a bug in itself.

Thanks,

Pete

Yes, I'll try tonight :). It might even just be my screen, LG 4K 42" Smart TV.

Chris Sercombe
18-05-2015, 17:28

Yeh there should be a brake line only option just like in every other racing game.